“Dried out dog poop, busted door bolt, finally fled” 1 of 5 stars

Midland Extended Stay
1003 S Midkiff Rd, Midland, TX 79701   |
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Midland
Brunswick, Georgia, United States
“Dried out dog poop, busted door bolt, finally fled”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

$79.80 was my total, I had to find this on the phone as I couldn't drive as far as I thought I would make it. I am usually very happy with a 49 buck, clean, Motel 6, so my standards aren't high. I took a shower first,as I was willing to forgive the nasty, ancient surroundings, since the sheets looked clean. And did I say at 1 am I was very tired? The shower control was horrid, scalded me when I was trying to adjust it. I was all clean and in pj's when I sat on the bed and it sank half way to the floor, then I notice the top is pulled about 6 inches from the wall and saw the filth, including dried dog poop along the wall behind it. And the pillows had clean cases but smelled like old man and mildew. The flip bolt was broken off and the last straw was when someone banged on my door and ran.I am not a chicken female, but that was the last straw. No electrical plates covered the outlets. Oh and the internet didn't work at all. The microwave was so nasty grubby I wouldn't have touched it, but hey, the fridge seemed clean! I didn't care how late and tired I was, I left. And jeeze, if I had read about the bedbugs...... They did put a refund through. The lady, Tanya, at the desk was very nice. We will see if my money shows up.

Room Tip: Drive somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Monroe, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have stayed at many hotels/motels, as we are in the construction bussiness. The price was fair. We have a kitchen and such. But if I am going to pay this amount of money I expect the room to be CLEAN..Take a look at my pictures...I cleaned the walls, with just soap and water. SO WHY CANN'T THEY!!! You would think that would be part of the cleaning process between guests!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Vilonia Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed in the Days Inn, which is one of 3 hotels in the Midland Texas Extened stay group. The room was dirty and not well maintained. THey advertise Wi-Fi, but you have to leave your door open for the signal to be strong enough to work. Not once in a week did they clean the r0om or empty the trash. I had to beg for towels and toilet paper.
I tried for a week to contact the manager but was always told she wasn't in.
Stay anywhere but here. They staff is rude and incompetant and the hotel looks more like a refugee camp than a motel.

Room Tip: Go to another motel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

They only clean the rooms once a week. Beds have pee and blood stains. You have a better chance of getting some sleep if you sleep in your car because of the bed bug infestations. If there is anyone that knows a good lawyer that can help please let me know.

• Stayed April 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

I went to this hotel and the room smelled like dead rat. There was toilet paper still in the trash can. I went to go get a refund and they said no because I used the room I walked in and out and they said no . Never had such a terrible room nd service. I just let them keep the money and left.

• Stayed February 2012
Midland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I travle acros the united states and stay in motels every night. this is one of the dirtyest motels yet. there is trash under the bed the carpets are filthy paint peeling off the walls. I WISH I STAYED NEXT DOOR.

Room Tip: the rooms are dirty & over priced.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012 via mobile

Has to be the manliest place I've ever been. . . Wish I would have had tripadvisor before I stayed here. . . Room was dirty and bathroom was worse. . . DO NOT STAY HERE. . .

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Midland Extended Stay? Share your experiences!