“Not so bad...but” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Midland

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Midland to your Saves list
Quality Inn Midland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   902 Interstate 20 West, Midland, TX 79701 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 35 hotels in Midland
Abilene, Texas
“Not so bad...but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

it has its faults. The room was decent but bathroom was small. Didnt have a fresh smell. Sheers covering the windows, lights from outside very disturbing. Door leading to outside had a gap at the bottom, could hear & see people walking out in the hall. Desk chair squeaked everytime someone was sitting in it and they moved. Swim area was ok but could use work.Only chose to stay here to see in-laws flying in from California for one night and was one of the cheapest that should have been way nicer than actually was. Very overpriced. Will never stay here again. The only good thing was breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Roger B, General Manager at Quality Inn Midland, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear CUscilka,
Thank you for the reveiw on your recent stay in Mdland. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. i'm sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I have shared your review with my staff and we have made improvements in the areas you mention. I hope you had a nice visit with your in-laws and I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. Please reconsider staying with us again should you have the opportunity to travel to Midland.
At Your Service, Roger

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cedar Park, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

At check in, I was assigned to one room that I found to have a foul odor present. Upon digging a little deeper, I found that the AC unit was full of what looked like mold. There was a disposable razor cover and hair in the bathtub. I reported to the front desk who hesitantly transferred me to another room. The second room didn't smell as bad as the first, and with the tight hotel market I knew it was my only option, so I stayed. I'm now on day three of this trip and cannot wait to leave. Upon returning this evening there is a faint odor in this room, similar to the first. I've now found that there is yet more mold growing inside of this unit. When a customer finds something wrong, we tend to start looking at other things more closely. Peeling wall coverings in bathroom. Door latch (safety) broken off and doesn't latch anymore. I've emailed the GM and have still not gotten a response. With the hotel market as it is here, even this "quality" runs over $150 per night.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Roger B, Manager at Quality Inn Midland, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Brian H. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experince at the hotel. I apologize you did not find us at our best. I instructed our cleaning and maintenance staff to correct the problem you described. Your review has helped me and the hotel staff to establish new daily cleaning guidelines to ensure our A/C's work correctly and our rooms smell clean and fresh. Thank you again for your review and we hope you give us you another opportunity to provide you with clean and comfortable accomodations. We look forward to the chance to WOW you with our service. At Your Service, W. Roger Beebe, General Manager
Midland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed for one night and will never stay at this Comfort Inn again. The room smelled like a dirty dishcloth. there was alot of hair in the bathtub, it looked like it had been wiped with a dirty cloth.The workout room was filthy there was trash one floor and a dried substance on floor that appeared to be dried food. One of the outlet covers was broken in pieces and laying on the floor behind the treadmill. The water cooler was empty and dirty.I informed front desk clerk of the condition of room, her reply was "oh, i`ll call someone and have it cleaned." I sat in pool area wating to workout ,within minutes she walked into room and picked up some of the trash and part of the broken outlet cover, then left. Not once did she aknowledge my presence or appologize for the condition of the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Abilene, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

One star in Midland Texas for what you can stay at a four star in New York City! Not only over priced but run down and under managed. The bathroom door wouldn't stay shut, the bath tub dripped all night. The curtains didn't close, only had the sheers covering the window, which was along the neighboring hotels parking lot. Room was lit like the lights were left on. All night had to watch cars parking with their lights shinning into our room like search lights. Air Conditioner was so loud, which turned out to be a good thing, as it drown out the noise from the trucks going up and down the road. At 2 am I went to the lobby to see if there was something that could be done about the curtains, stayed there 45 minutes without anyone coming! Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Midland, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

my reservation was cancelled - for absolutely no reason. and the manager of all people tried to sell me a room that was much much pricier than the one that I had reserved. When I called the reservation people directly, he refused to talk to them. Aweful customer service.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
San Angelo, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

The stay wasn't horrible, but it wasn't welcoming. I'm a smoker but the smoking room was pretty rough (only available space supposedly?). The biggest issue I have is the fact that they charged me double and I have no way of redress. Cannot find a working phone to call the specific hotel. Get redirected to multiple call centers and ran through the accent gamut trying to resolve this issue. Please do not give your business to these people. If anyone from the company see's this and has some integrity to get this resolved, email me at bemangan@gmail.com.

Room Tip: Don't get any room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012 via mobile

I'm here on business and unfortunately had to stay in the comfort inn for two nights. Due to max capacity I was given a smoking room, but since I occasionally smoke I didn't mind. The room smelled so bad that I felt sick the whole time I was in there. There were ashes and burn marks on the comforter and all of the towels looked dingy and old. I'm back @ the Comfort Suites which are excellent!

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Quality Inn Midland? Share your experiences!