“Nice rooms but way overpriced....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Midland
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice rooms but way overpriced....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My stay at the Courtyard Marriott was okay but the prices are crazy high when there is any type of convention in town. Staff is usually friendly and the check-in process went smoothly. The room was clean and not bad for a Marriott. There are dining options and shopping within the area making it a nice location. Just beware the price gouging during conventions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brownfield, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked this hotel for a one night stay...when we got to the hotel to check in the woman had already messed up a guests reservation and ended up giving her an out of order room. When the guest ask why was it out of order the employee said because there was vomit on the bed. How discusting is that? When it was my turn I gave my husbands name and she told me my room was cancelled for a no show the previous night. I was furious. When we finally got it all worked out she told me my card would not be charged again...we went up to the room and our TV was not working so I called the front desk and that was a joke bc I got no help on how to fix it so my kids were stuck watching netflix on their ipods...in the morning we went down to breakfast and while we were eating so was the "on the clock" receptionist two tables down from us...when I approched the front desk to verify my card would not be charged the woman got up to help me and assured me it would not be charged...well when we got home and check our bank statement online the Marriott charged us a total of $392 for ONE night when our rate was only $159 per night...I would not recommend this hotel to anyone service was terrible and our stay in midland was a hassle....I wish I would have listened to my husband and stayed at the Hampton like he insisted in the first place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Pebble Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Over priced? You bet, bet EVERYTHING in Midland/Odessa is overpriced with the current oil/gas boom. I paid $365 per night for a king room! (by comparison the Travel Lodge was $285/night for a queen).

This hotel is relatively new and does not show any signs of wear.

Check-in was fast, friendly and efficient. I was provided a room RIGHT NEXT TO the elevator

The elevator has a loud buzzer inside that sounds with every push of a button. This is before the DOORS CLOSE, so the adjacent rooms get the benefit of the constant buzzing.

At 7 AM, I was awaken by a pounding sound that was similar to a nail gun. About every 20-30 seconds as "thump" resonated through my bathroom ceiling.

I reported both to the front desk. They were ambivalent to my situation and did not offer to change my room.

Breakfasts were OK. Typical residence Inn breakfast buffet: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, bagels, biscuits and gravy. Fruit, cereal & oatmeal were also available. Custom prepared eggs are available - IF you can find someone from the kitchen to take your order!

The coffee was hot, but not the greatest. It had a slight "burned" taste to it (maybe they haven't cleaned the coffee maker out with vinegar to remove the crap that collects in the machine).

The dumpster of the adjacent restaurant (next door business) is emptied on Friday mornings at 7 AM, so don't plan on sleeping in (or get a room at the south end away from the pool).

I down rated this review because of the noise in my room, inability to sleep in and the front desk's lack of concern.

Room Tip: Get a room at the SOUTH end, away from the neighboring restaurant & nearby highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This courtyard is one of the nicest I have stayed at. Friendly staff amazing breakfast very large rooms. Its located near the loop and shopping centers close to the mall and the airport. It has a great bar with a large wine selection. Will definitely stay here again. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hotel was located at Loop 250 near shopping and restaurants. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Great morning breakfast - unlike other hotels it was staffed, clean, with real plates and glasses, nice eating area, and well stocked. Got a good price on the Marriott website which made it an excellent value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We went to visit relatives. Yes, we knew there is an oil boom but $300 a night? We're talking Midland - not Santa Barbara. We ended up staying with elderly relatives because that was just greed. We were staying two nights - $600 ridiculous. Avoid Midland now if you can. What goes up comes down.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Very expensive but that's expected in the middle of energy boom. Nice new hotel and professional people. Few restaurants nearby and not too far from airport. Room is very clean and service is okay. Plenty of marriott around here but this seems like the best one.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Midland Odessa? Share your experiences!