“Great motel but priced too high, but all hotels in this area are at this time.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 35 hotels in Midland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this motel last week. I will say that I was happy with it overall. It was much better than a lot of the alternitives I could have chose from. The price for motels and hotels in this area are crazy right now.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was above average compaired to hotels that I have stayed in. I was in town for business and it looks like I will be in the area a lot and this will be my first choice everytime. Oh and the location is great, resturants right next door are a big plus.

• Stayed May 2012

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

... and yummy chocolate chip muffins on the breakfast bar. Coffee always available in the lobby - and I think they always have lemonade available also.

And the staff got our room ready very quickly when we showed up before check-in time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
West Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 8 years. This was my first time in over a year and I found a completely new hotel inside. The common areas have new carpet and paint, plus the rooms are updated with flat screen televisions and faux granite in the bathrooms. While this had always been a good place to stay, the updates were needed (as with most facilities this age) and are noticeable.

The price is high for what you get, but in the boom town of Midland, hotel rooms are at a premium.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor - they are a little quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Fredericksburg, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have never had an experience with Comfort Suites like this. I called a week in advance to make my reservation for 5 nights, but when I arrived I was told that my reservation was only for 1 night. They said no one had changed it or cancelled it but they only had one night. So the next morning I went to the front desk to talk to Kameron the assistant manager. He was extremely helpful, polite and understanding. He managed to fix my reservation. The staff was very helpful. The room was very clean. I was however disappointed that the pool and hot tub were out of order as well as the guest laundry and workout room. The full breakfast was very good and the beds were very comfortable. I would tell anyone planning to stay here to be very specific. They did not give me the rate they had originally told me over the phone. I think it was very overpriced. The hotel is located not far off the loop in a good location. I think they have a problem with whoever is taking these reservations because I was not the only one, there was another family that they did this too while I was there. From the other reviews it sounds like this has been an ongoing problem at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012 via mobile

Only spent one night in this hotel. I didn't have a chance to eat breakfast. The rooms were a mix of upgraded furniture and older design. The bed was very comfortable. There were a few stains on the carpet, nothing too bad, but overall the room was good. A little overpriced but I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012 via mobile

It sounds like the negative reviews on here are referring to the Comfort Inn on I-20. It is completely disgusting. The Comfort Suites on the other hand are great! Very clean rooms, great staff and a block from good resturaunts and loop 250. I'm here on business and have stayed here for two weeks so far. I have no complaints except their guest dryer broke, but they got it fixed today and let me use their industrial one in the mean time. I have never felt so at home away from home.

• Stayed January 2012
Lawton, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I've stayed in worse hotels...but I was in my 20s when I did. And all these folks that have given this place four and five stars...Are you related to the owners?

First of all, we had reservations for like 10 of us and they couldn't find them anywhere in the computer. They kept bringing in other staff to search and finally after 30 minutes they found them. It's a little misleading at this hotel...the lobby and front desk are clean and somewhat well appointed...the rooms are something completely different. My room was a "suite" and had a giant whirlpool tub right in the center of the room. I thought it looked nasty until I got a load of the walk-in shower. The floor was so nasty and moldy that I literally showered the next morning in my flip-flops. The toilet had about ten pounds of calk around the base of it and all of the grout on the tile floor was green...literally!

Finally the entire room just smelled stale and musty. One of our party likened the smell in his room to a dirty diaper smell. Yeah, I'd go with that. This is one nasty oil-field hotel. I knew something was up when I noticed the huge stains in the carpet on the floor of the elevator and beer bottle caps in the corner. And I won't get into how bad the breakfast looked....I went across the alley to the Starbucks (the only good thing about this hotel is it's proximity to Starbucks).

If you absolutely have to stay somewhere then I suppose there are worse places. But this hotel is a dump.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!