“Unbelievable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Midland
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Unbelievable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have never had an experience with Comfort Suites like this. I called a week in advance to make my reservation for 5 nights, but when I arrived I was told that my reservation was only for 1 night. They said no one had changed it or cancelled it but they only had one night. So the next morning I went to the front desk to talk to Kameron the assistant manager. He was extremely helpful, polite and understanding. He managed to fix my reservation. The staff was very helpful. The room was very clean. I was however disappointed that the pool and hot tub were out of order as well as the guest laundry and workout room. The full breakfast was very good and the beds were very comfortable. I would tell anyone planning to stay here to be very specific. They did not give me the rate they had originally told me over the phone. I think it was very overpriced. The hotel is located not far off the loop in a good location. I think they have a problem with whoever is taking these reservations because I was not the only one, there was another family that they did this too while I was there. From the other reviews it sounds like this has been an ongoing problem at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Only spent one night in this hotel. I didn't have a chance to eat breakfast. The rooms were a mix of upgraded furniture and older design. The bed was very comfortable. There were a few stains on the carpet, nothing too bad, but overall the room was good. A little overpriced but I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

It sounds like the negative reviews on here are referring to the Comfort Inn on I-20. It is completely disgusting. The Comfort Suites on the other hand are great! Very clean rooms, great staff and a block from good resturaunts and loop 250. I'm here on business and have stayed here for two weeks so far. I have no complaints except their guest dryer broke, but they got it fixed today and let me use their industrial one in the mean time. I have never felt so at home away from home.

• Stayed January 2012
Lawton, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I've stayed in worse hotels...but I was in my 20s when I did. And all these folks that have given this place four and five stars...Are you related to the owners?

First of all, we had reservations for like 10 of us and they couldn't find them anywhere in the computer. They kept bringing in other staff to search and finally after 30 minutes they found them. It's a little misleading at this hotel...the lobby and front desk are clean and somewhat well appointed...the rooms are something completely different. My room was a "suite" and had a giant whirlpool tub right in the center of the room. I thought it looked nasty until I got a load of the walk-in shower. The floor was so nasty and moldy that I literally showered the next morning in my flip-flops. The toilet had about ten pounds of calk around the base of it and all of the grout on the tile floor was green...literally!

Finally the entire room just smelled stale and musty. One of our party likened the smell in his room to a dirty diaper smell. Yeah, I'd go with that. This is one nasty oil-field hotel. I knew something was up when I noticed the huge stains in the carpet on the floor of the elevator and beer bottle caps in the corner. And I won't get into how bad the breakfast looked....I went across the alley to the Starbucks (the only good thing about this hotel is it's proximity to Starbucks).

If you absolutely have to stay somewhere then I suppose there are worse places. But this hotel is a dump.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Staff at check in were very friendly and helpful. They have new carpet in the halls and the carpet in the room appears to be pretty new as well. The room is clean and everything works properly. The sofa looks a little outdated but the bed has a new comforter on it and it is comfortable. Room has a flat panel tv as well. Just like most hotels in town the rate is higher than it should be for this type of hotel. I stay in many different towns and this town has the highest cost rooms.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We were in town for a tournament all week. Hotel was very clean, staff was friendly. Breakfast was good and well stocked every day. I think the manager's son enjoyed it as much as we did. Maybe too much... The rooms were cleaned every day. A/C and refrigerator worked well all week with temps in mid 100's. My only complaint was they would empty the trash out front only in the morning. By the end of the day it would be overflowing and unsitely. That's easily remedied. The location is very good and safe with quick access to rt. 250 or straight through town. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

Called to make a reservatio, lady on the phone said in a stuck-up voice "We don't offer military discounts, if you really need a room, you'll pay any price!"

• Stayed October 2010

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!