“Everything we needed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Midland
Austin, Texas
“Everything we needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Recently stayed overnight at this hotel and was very pleased with the results. The public access areas are very clean although not very large. A two double-bed room was spatious enough with a nice flatscreen TV, good cable selection, fridge and microwave. The room was quiet and clean as was the bathroom which offered acceptable amenities. Nothing terribly fancy but that's fine as it wasn't expected. I was also a little surprised at the recent reviews of this place as my experience with the customer service was satisfactory. The desk clerk helped me get extra blankets during the wee hours of the morning and the morning desk crew and dining area helpers were great. Overall, we were quite pleased and received everything we needed from a good night's sleep on down.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MidlandFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and service from our friendly staff! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

With the Oil Boom well entrenched, pricing for Hotels is unbelievable in Midland. However, the Fairfield Inn continues to be a winner with me. It's location to several fine restaurants Abuelos, Chilis, Outback, Cotton Patch, etc. make it a convenient location for me. They serve a nice breakfast every morning, free Wifi is plenty fast, nice work out facility and comes with a pool and spa. Staff were extremely friendly and accomodating throughout my stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MidlandFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Midland Fairfield Inn & Suites. I am excited to hear the staff made you feel welcome and you were able to benefit from the variety of amenities we have to offer; fitness center, pool, complimentary wifi, hot breakfast, and close to great restaurants. We hope you’ll have another opportunity to be our guest again soon. Thank you again for your review. Sincerely Lori MacGregor General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I had stayed here before about a year ago and the customer service was great. This time around the customer service couldn't be worse and we stayed for 2 weeks. The lady that was our housekeeper was so rude. One day we forgot our key in the room and when we went back to get it she was cleaning our room at the time....surprisingly with a little girl helping her. I told her sorry to walk in when she was cleaning but i forgot my car keys n i would be out of her way. She gave me the dirtiest look possible. Then when we returned my daughters toys were not where we had left them and 2 of her dolls were missing. We never got them back. I am so angry that my daughters toys were taken. We spend almost $3000 n get stolen from. ...ridiculous! I don't think its OK for a little girl to be helping in the first place and should never have been touching my daughters things.

• Stayed April 2013
MidlandFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about the issues you experienced during your most recent stay. I regret to hear about the situation you encountered. As the new General Manager of this Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, rest assured I will be working to raise our staff’s service level to meet or exceed the standards that the Marriott name is well-known for. While we did not meet either your or my expectations this time, I hope we are given the opportunity to excel in the future. Again, thank you for your valuable and honest feedback.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great room and value. I loved the ambiance of the room. It's quite modern. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was ok, and didn't quite fit with the room decor. But, bathrooms were clean. The clerk at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Stay away from the main lobby. Kids from tournament play can be loud in the main areas.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Glen Burnie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

What a great place! Excellent service, large and clean rooms, spacious and abundant breakfast area. I will stay here anytime I am in the Midland Area. The only downside is that they are several miles away from the main interstate (I 20). If you can pick up and move about 20 miles closer, you are the best!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Arrived late, I do have Marriott status. They made accommodations for my travel companion on the first floor. The rooms were quiet (I did not get the highway side), but the best part of this hotel was the staff. Each and every one of them was a smiling, customer service oriented machine. What a great stay in the middle of oil country.

I am a diehard Marriottista, and I know what a Fairfield gets me. This is a little gem in the middle of Texas. Thanks much for the hospitality, a PPremier appreciates it.

Room Tip: The highway thing, is a valid issue...but I did not hear any road noise and I could see it from my r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

The beginning of April we scheduled a group of 11. We confirmed everything with a confirmation and a fax. THAT WAS NOT ENOUGH. I call back in March to make sure our rooms were still booked. They had no record of the reservation and acted like it was our fault. Jeremiah Knudsen in sales didn’t even remember making the plans with us after several phone conversations and faxes between him. Now I don’t know if we can even get our volleyball girls into rooms for the tournament weekend.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland? Share your experiences!