“Horrible customer service.” 3 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Midland
“Horrible customer service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I had stayed here before about a year ago and the customer service was great. This time around the customer service couldn't be worse and we stayed for 2 weeks. The lady that was our housekeeper was so rude. One day we forgot our key in the room and when we went back to get it she was cleaning our room at the time....surprisingly with a little girl helping her. I told her sorry to walk in when she was cleaning but i forgot my car keys n i would be out of her way. She gave me the dirtiest look possible. Then when we returned my daughters toys were not where we had left them and 2 of her dolls were missing. We never got them back. I am so angry that my daughters toys were taken. We spend almost $3000 n get stolen from. ...ridiculous! I don't think its OK for a little girl to be helping in the first place and should never have been touching my daughters things.

• Stayed April 2013
MidlandFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about the issues you experienced during your most recent stay. I regret to hear about the situation you encountered. As the new General Manager of this Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, rest assured I will be working to raise our staff’s service level to meet or exceed the standards that the Marriott name is well-known for. While we did not meet either your or my expectations this time, I hope we are given the opportunity to excel in the future. Again, thank you for your valuable and honest feedback.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great room and value. I loved the ambiance of the room. It's quite modern. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was ok, and didn't quite fit with the room decor. But, bathrooms were clean. The clerk at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Stay away from the main lobby. Kids from tournament play can be loud in the main areas.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Glen Burnie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

What a great place! Excellent service, large and clean rooms, spacious and abundant breakfast area. I will stay here anytime I am in the Midland Area. The only downside is that they are several miles away from the main interstate (I 20). If you can pick up and move about 20 miles closer, you are the best!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Arrived late, I do have Marriott status. They made accommodations for my travel companion on the first floor. The rooms were quiet (I did not get the highway side), but the best part of this hotel was the staff. Each and every one of them was a smiling, customer service oriented machine. What a great stay in the middle of oil country.

I am a diehard Marriottista, and I know what a Fairfield gets me. This is a little gem in the middle of Texas. Thanks much for the hospitality, a PPremier appreciates it.

Room Tip: The highway thing, is a valid issue...but I did not hear any road noise and I could see it from my r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

The beginning of April we scheduled a group of 11. We confirmed everything with a confirmation and a fax. THAT WAS NOT ENOUGH. I call back in March to make sure our rooms were still booked. They had no record of the reservation and acted like it was our fault. Jeremiah Knudsen in sales didn’t even remember making the plans with us after several phone conversations and faxes between him. Now I don’t know if we can even get our volleyball girls into rooms for the tournament weekend.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Silver Spring Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Nice breakfast and friendly staff. but unable to sleep the 3 nights due to really loud cars revving engines all night long!

First night no other room but promise to change on night two. On night two, went to desk after long day of training and no available room away from highway. Same thing for night three. Disapointing for a Marriott gold member. No credit or compensation offered.

Restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Request away from highway
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at the Fairfield in Midland, Texas while passing through town. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is within walking distance of several restaurants, to include Outback, Chilis, Dennys and Abuelos Mexican. I would stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland? Share your experiences!