“Absolutely disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Midland
El Paso, Texas, United States
“Absolutely disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here at the Days Inn due to last minute booking. My travel schedule changes often and with the oil boom...finding quality hotels is virtually impossible! I woke up withy bed bugs literally on me. I then fluffed the sheets to find one more close to my body. I ended up having to leave very early for work and was busy till after their Noon cancellation hour. I called and very nicely explained myself and even apologized for calling after the cut off time. Michelle stated that she was not only going to charge me for the previous night but the next night due to myself calling after noon. I will NEVER stay at this location today. Poor customer service and dirty rooms! Stir clear from this Days Inn, unless you are content with Bed bugs as an additional guess.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were supposed to stay here tonight. My wife called me at work after reading the trip advisor comments and said "if we are staying there, you are GOING BY YOURSELF."

So I immediately called to cancel, and they said "SORRY...24 HOURS NOTICE IS REQUIRED."

I said "Do what? Whatever happened to 4 pm on the day of arrival?"

The lady said "Sorry...most hotels DO have that policy. WE require 24 hours notice."

I did call Days Inn Customer Care and they were most kind and helpful.

The problem isn't Day's Inn, it's that they have a franchisee who must be a REAL PIECE OF WORK.

You've been warned!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Angelo, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The good news was the refrigerator worked, the shower had hot water, and the linen seemed clean. The bad news? The a/c cycled on and off constantly (reporting it resolved nothing), they serviced the room the first day only (of a 4 night stay), and the tv was pathetic.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The rooms likely have never been updated. Insects flying around the room. Everything is in general state of disrepair. You're better off driving to other Towns to find a decent place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Other than not feeling the room is worth more than $80.00 a night, the place wasn't bad. I'd stay again!

• Stayed May 2012
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Hotels in Midland are in short supply and the prices are high, but if you're desperate enough to even think about staying here, just sleep in your car. Even though the ladies at the front desk were very polite and helpful, the place is downright scary. I was expecting it to be old and run down, which I figured I could live with in a pinch. As other reviews have said, the rooms and furnishings are old and well-worn, but it looked clean enough initially. The interior hallway was not well lighted and was very hot because it wasn't air-conditioned. Walking in on a dimly lit hallway past dark rooms was a little scary. When I opened my room, it was pitch dark so I was a little worried as I walked in the door. I checked for signs of bedbugs, but both the mattress and box spring had protective coverings and I looked underneath, checked the sheets, pillows, and all the bedding but didn't see any signs of bedbugs or droppings. I was determined to make the best of things, so I sat down to plug in my computer. As I leaned over to access the electrical outlet by the nightstand, I noticed an unopened condom behind there. As I looked closer, I saw that there were several used, dried up condoms behind there. That totally grossed me out and all my determination was gone, so I went back to the office and turned in my key. The attendant was very polite and didn't seem especially surprised or object to my leaving with no charge for the room. The place was really shabby and evidently Days Inn has no standards for their franchisees. I paid twice the money to stay at Hampton Inn, which would have been a bargain at 3X the price compared to this place. Take it from me, you get what you pay for in Midland. If you stay in this place, you'll likely spend whatever you save on doctor bills to get rid of whatever diseases you pick up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Ft Worth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stay in motels on average 3-4 nights a week, every night in a different city. This has got to be the wost motel yet!

The staff member at check in was very friendly, etc. She even helped me find some dinner. When I got to the room I noticed that it was an old room that needs serous updating. It had a musty smell, room wasnt very clean but hey, the A/C worked great! Walked into the bathroom to find a used bar of soap in one of the soap holders in the bathtub/shower from a previous guest. Lots of stains and just nasty dirt and dust all over the bathroom area. In fact the light fixtures were covered in dust.

I ended up with a double room because all she had with king bed was smoking. Now Im glad. I noticed some kind of a nasty looking shiny stain on one of the comforters. Both beds were horribly uncomfortable. Woke up the next morning with a backache.

Carpet was filthy and the door wouldnt open all of the way because the fridge was in the way. The TV was old and had a horrible fuzzy picture. In fact there was no audio on a couple of the stations.

When I checked out I thought that they had forgot to apply my discount for using my Corporate Lodging Card as the bill was $70 plus tax. I asked the morning clerk and was told that is the discount. He told me they normally get $100 for the room. I laughed as I thought that he was messing with me but he was serious!

I told him that I am on the road alot and I normally pay anywhere from $35 to $50 a night and the places I stay are MUCH nicer than this one. In fact many are nice suites. He just looked at me and said they charge so much because they are the only motel in Midland that accepts the CLC card and because of the oil boom. So in other words they charge an outrageous amount for the rooms because they can.

I told him next time I will drive the 15 miles to Odessa and stay there.

Oh, and no hot breakfast here... Just pastries and waffles.

On the bright side, they do have plenty of truck parking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Midland? Share your experiences!