“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   117 W. Wall St., Midland, TX 79701 (Formerly Hilton Midland)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Midland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Upon arriving, everything was great and friendly. The front desk always makes things nice and comfortable. I highly recommend staying at this property. It is close to everything in town as well. I feel that pricing overall in this part of the state is always high, so why not the Doubletree!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We value you as a guest and the loyalty you have shown to our property. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is my third and final stay at any hotel that carries the Hilton name. It is also the third time I've booked a suite only to find out its nothing more than an overpriced, oversized room. I've stayed in many a fine suite in my travels but Hilton's idea of a suite and mine are two very different things. In fact it's nothing more than barely functional and useless floor space due to the fact that the bath tub has been removed. Shower only and at these rates there should be two bathtubs. When I voiced my complaint to the front desk I was informed that since I paid an exorbitant amount of extra money for the romance package for my wife and I that for some strange reason a bath tub is not included in this bizarre deal. The extra elbow room in the "suite" does little to add to its functionality either. The only miniature flat screen TV faces the side of the bed and only one person in this " suite" can see it if they are laying or sitting on that side of the the bed. If your sitting on the couch you have little to do but stare at the bed as you can not see the miniature TV from that angle or that distance. A bottle of Campaign and strawberries was to be delivered to the room on arrival. I was told it would be there in just a few minutes which turned into an hour and a
half later. While we were waiting for the champaign and strawberries we decided to stay in and order room service. That was well over an hour ago so other than being uncannily slow I can't vouch for the overall quality. So, so far this has been a huge disappointment for the price and what would expect from Hilton but at least the staff nods their heads and smiles. Otherwise I will never stay here again nor recommend it to anyone. Midland and Odessa are both rat hole towns at best and Hilton has certainly stooped to that level.

• Stayed October 2013
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations of us. We have several suites available, with different amenities. I am sorry we were not able to accommodate your specific needs on what appears to have been a special evening for you and your wife. Our staff works very hard to care for our guests in a friendly and efficient manner, we strive to provide exceptional service. I apologize for your delay in receiving things from our kitchen, I will address that with the appropriate director here. I would like to send you a gift certificate for a stay to make this right for you. Please contact me at the hotel. Things like this are not the "norm" for us, and it is upsetting for us. Please accept my apology and let us fix this.
Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Midland Doubletree hotel is in a good location. It is clean, has a courteous and helpful staff, and good facilities. I only ate a modest breakfast at the hotel so I cannot fairly rate the restaurant. The staff in the restaurant during breakfast were very pleasant and made a sincere effort to make you feel welcome. I am not fond of flourescent lamps in the rooms; I prefer a brighter light for reading.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in a great location for our business clients, and love our new look! I do hope that you will return to stay with us again soon!
Irving, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The room was very smelly, like piss. Had to turn AC all the way up to 64 for it to get cold. Then elevator closed on my luggage & I had to push the open door button to release it. My child almost put his hand in between the door to hold it open. If that would have been his hand it would have smashed them. Also found out the someone got stabbed in the hall ways. Not a place I would recommend to family or friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

helen_futrell, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I wanted to first thank you for taking the time to register the issues that you encountered while you stayed with us. Secondly, I also wanted to give you my personal apology. I met with the Executive Housekeeper first to address your comments about odor in your room. She will be relaunching training with our deoderizer protocols. The Chief Engineer will be calling Otis Elevator to send technicians out to check both elevator banks for proper closing. We also will be reviewing room inspection procedures to make certain all AC units are checked for function and sound. I will also be personally meeting today with our chief of security to review any recent reported incidents. Again, my thanks and apologies. If I can answer any questions or help in any way please feel free to call me at the property.

Keith Dial
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was greeted in the front of the hotel and offered complimentary valet parking. Upon checking in, I was upgraded to a luxury suite due to my Diamond status. When checking out, I was presented with a fantastic robe as a valued guest. The staff was very courteous throughout my entire stay, the accommodations were excellent, and the food was top-notch. In an area where hotels are hard to come by and very expensive with all of the fracking going on, customer service doesn't always meet up with expectations, but this hotel came through with all 5 stars. If I return to Midland--I will definitely be returning to this hotel. My compliments to the management and staff at this location!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your excellent review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and the West Texas hospitality! We truly value our most loyal guests and are pleased that you liked your robe. I do hope you will be back to visit with us again soon. We look forward to having you!
NY, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

While the lobby has been renovated and the staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are ancient and actually smell musty, stale and just....old. They really need some TLC. My room faced the railroad tracks, but it wasn't clear whether the two freight trains that went through overnight were louder or quieter than my room's air conditioner. Realize that rooms in Midland are limited and renovations are time-consuming, but this hotel needs some help.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Erin R, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our welcoming staff. I apologize to hear that your guest room did not meet the expectations that you had of us. We always want our guests to be happy in their accommodations. We recently finished a major renovation that included all of our guest rooms, as well as the public spaces. We will take your comments into consideration as we are constantly making a consorted effort to better our hotel. We thank you again for your feedback and hope that the next time you're in town you'll stay with us again.
Golden, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

upon arrival at the DoubleTree my room was warm so I turned down the AC thermostat. When I got back to the room about 10:00 p.m. my room was still warm so I called for maintenance to come check the unit. The maintenance guy tried to reset the unit.... but after he left the unit once again turned itself off and the room was getting warmer. i called about midnight for the guy to come back. still unsuccessful in fixing the unit. The next day the hotel replaced the unit and thermostat and told me they would give me a discount for having a miserable first night at the hotel.. Upon checking out... I found they gave me a whopping $10 off a $240/night stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of our property. I appreciate your time and feedback. I do apologize that your air conditioner did not work properly the first night you stayed with us. Our desk agent did make a small adjustment to your bill, and after we spoke I asked that we make a further adjustment. You should have seen that on your credit card statement, as it was done after you checked out. I hope to see you back with us again soon!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza? Share your experiences!