“Fantastic hotel, would def stay again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marylanza Suites & Spa

You added Marylanza Suites & Spa to your Saves list
Marylanza Suites & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Los Arenales 20 | Los Cristianos, 38650 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
York, UK
“Fantastic hotel, would def stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

Stayed for a week in February, had a great time. Was a bit hesitant after reading some of the negative reports on here but there a critical bunch. Looks like its a long way from anywhere but it's not. 10 min walk to the front street maximum. Bit further to the beach but frankly they're not that great, have a day at Siam Waterpark instead (has it's own beach).

Rooms were clean, spacious and well furnished. Only complaint I could make is the lack of English TV channels. Food was great. I like good food and wasn't disappointed. A great spread every morning and evening. Huge selection and quality fresh stuff.

p.s Best pint to be found is at the Stadium across the road. 1.40 Euro for Dorada, frosted glasses and a smile.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
northants
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

visited this hotel 8 times so has to be good but must say not so good since thomsons took over as platinum towels and bedding needs replacing cant fault cleaning and staff are brilliant especially george in the bar he desperately needs extra staff to help him but he is always so cheerful this hotel was much better before thomsons took over but will still go back because you are made too feel so welcome its just a pity that a/i is not so readily accessible for the english anymore

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Have stayed here many times. Loved it everytime quiet peaceful. High standards, good service good food. In the last couple of years of going on holiday to Tenerife I have chosen to stay at this hotel. Recently just got back from Tenerife and tried a different hotel for a change wish i hadn't and made me realise I will only go back to the Marylanza. Try if you can to get a room golf side not road side. We stayed once in one of the dulux aparment on two floors overlooking the golf course was wonderful. Lovely and warm pool like a bath to one side . Big pool in middle cold.Childrens pool heated. This hotel i am sure you wouldn't be dissapointed in.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Brighton, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

I went to the Marylanza in May last year with my boyfriend. We arrived quite late but the receptionist was very pleasant. We asked if there was anywhere we could buy some water and she gave us two bottles for free (we were only full board) which I thought was really nice of her.

Our room was on the first floor (I don't think the ground floor had any rooms, just the reception, bar and restaurant). It was one of the biggest hotel rooms I have stayed in and we were very pleased. We went straight to the fridge to put the water in, however, many ants started coming out from somewhere in the fridge which was quite bizarre and not very pleasant. We managed to get rid of them and decided to go to bed. When we pulled back the covers the sheet had a large brown stain on it. I'm sure it had been washed but I just couldn't sleep under it. I hate making a fuss but we decided we had to get some new sheets and we went back to the reception.

The girl at the reception was very apologetic and said she would change our room. The new room was on the second floor, above the hotel entrance. We didn't have any problems with this room apart from a loud humming noise which would start in the morning quite early but it didn't really bother us too much as we're quite early risers. The view from the room was partly of an office block but it wasn't that close so we didn't mind. The road outside the hotel was very quiet and I don't think we ever saw anyone going to work in the office!

The view from the rooms at the back of the hotel (towards the golf course) was stunning but I wouldn't pay extra for them unless you plan on spending a lot of time in your room out on the balcony. I don't think they get that much sun either but I could be wrong...

The pool area was really nice and we were almost always able to find two loungers next to each other even in the middle of the day.

We really liked the food and had a 1p a night upgrade to full board through Thomsons. We're not fussy in the slightest so we enjoyed all the meals. My boyfriend loved the rice pudding lol. There was a lot to choose from and had all the standard salady things and pasta. For breakfast they had pancakes too yum! The waiters/waitresses were all very nice. Sometimes you had to queue at peak times but not for too long.

The hotel was in a great position, only about a 10 minute walk or less to the promenade with all the bars, restaurants etc. We felt very safe when we were there and it was quite a quiet area so there wasn't loud music/tourists at night. We found the quickest way down was to turn right when you left the hotel and just carry on down the road until you got to the beach. ( Really impressed by the cleanliness of the resorts by the way).

We booked two trips with tenerife sunshine who were great. My card payment didn't go through properly on line when I pre booked tickets for Siam Park and Loro Parque but i got a response almost immediately by email from someone who worked there. They said I could pay in cash or by card at the hotel which was really convenient. A lady from Tenerife Sunshine called on our first day and we arranged to meet in the hotel lobby. She gave us our tickets and some information about the area etc and was really nice. Would definitely book any trips with them and not through tour operators. Much cheaper and more pleasant!

I think we paid about £540 each for a week full board with flights and transfers and I wold probably go again for this price. We went to Aruba the year before for two weeks and actually enjoyed our Tenerife holiday more!

Have a wonderful time if you're going!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
lincolnshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

having paid platinum price of 2000 pounds i was dissapointed on arrival at this hotel.the bar is in the reception of the hotel.on going for breakfast first morning we had 2 queue behind 40 others and the same in the evening.the intimate dining did not exist.it was like a soup kitchen.we were in room 215 cell block a more like cell block h.had many cockroaches in room.and was told by reception madam this is tenerife.having been 5 times before 2 tenerife never had problems with cockroaches before.the balcony was a concrete block that never got any sun.on a weekend dont expect any entertainment coz they cater 4 spanish weddings and seem 2 forget about tourists.on complaining was offered a room on cell block b facing wall and busy road.so next time going camping on m25.cheaper and proberly more entertaining.thanx thomson.disgruntled lincolnshire couple

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

Having stayed in Tenerife on four previous occasions, I had seen the Marylanza being built and on the last visit completed and immediatley I wanted to return to see what it was like! Having got a great deal with Thomson (upgraded from half to full board for 1p per day) myself and my best friend arrived at the hotel at around 10pm on a Friday night, considering Friday is the busiest flying day for the island check-in went very smoothly and we also enquired about upgrading further to all inclusive - We did this for an additional €15 per day (per person) - Overall I thought this was excellent value for money as we planned to stay in the hotel complex for most of the time, for a relaxing break - Included in the all inclusive was breakfast, lunch and your evening meal and then water, juices, soft drinks and a selection of alcoholic drinks including cocktails - All alcoholic measures were very generous! - Also I must say the bar staff were excellent and would remember your drinks and have them ready for you on an evening, or be there straight away with a top up!

The complex is centered around the different pools with the pool bar in the centre.On entering the room we were very supprised to find it so spacious and accommodating. We had a large living/kitchen area (fridge etc), a large separate bedroom and large bathroom - double sinks, bidet, shower etc .. The room also had a huge terrace which overlooked the neighbouring hotel and also the golf course - We never had an noise problems etc

The food at the hotel was amazing, full cooked breakfasts, continental breakfasts; cooked meats, cheeses. There is also a fantastic range of breads and show cooking at all meal times. The hotel prides it's self on presentation and you could not fault it for a second. All meal times were beautifully presented and there was always something for everyone including masses of fresh fruit and vegetables.

Entertainment at the complex wasn't too great, but when you're in Tenerife you're never too far away from something which you'll enjoy. Bars which I can recommend highly would include: Budda (Next to the Best Tenerife Hotel), Magic (Opposite Safari Shopping centre Fountain) and also the Monkey Beach Bar (Within the Safari shopping centre - Near Zara) - Budda and Magic have live singers and Magic especially gets very busy with a great atmosphere at weekends. These bars can be fairly pricey at around €8-10 per cocktail but hey, you're on holiday!

Trips in the area which I would highly recommend would be Loro Parque - Amazing day out and also Siam Park (Water park owned by the same people as Loro)

The hotel's location is not too central, but in a quiet up and coming area - If you don't mind a 15 min walk down to the 'nice shops' (Safari) then this is the place for you - If you don't fancy walking then a taxi can be called from reception for around €6-8. We tended to walk out on a night and get a taxi back.

The hotel has within it a Spa and Fitness centre, regretfully we didn't get round to using it, but hopefully with a return visit I will be able to update this and let you know how it was! - Although it looked gorgeous, spacious and modern.

I hope, if you choose to go to the Marylanza you will have a fabulous relaxing time as we did.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Copenhagen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

I stayed in an apartment suite at the Marylanza with my family (wife and 2 small kids - one 3 year old, one 6 months old) for a week during the winter of 2009. Found the suite to be spacious, with good kitchen facilities, extremely tidy (we were particularly satisfied with the cleaning throughout the stay) and extra beds already in place. Nice staff - we didn't have too much use for them, but the few times we had questions we experienced the receptionists as being very friendly and eager to help (e.g. recommending local restaurants which were actually very good). Heated pool was actually heated and very useable indeed. Excellent fitness facilities. Restaurant was better than we expected (feared) - reasonable value for money (particularly their breakfast) with good variation and luckily a few healthy food products too. Only thing I should mention - our room was at the right side of the hotel facing the nearby stadion, and during our stay we noticed quite a few ambulances making noise from a nearby traffic crossing at all times of the day and night. Not a problem but something we would want to correct for if staying there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Marylanza Suites & Spa? Share your experiences!