“Marvellous Marylanza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marylanza Suites & Spa

You added Marylanza Suites & Spa to your Saves list
Marylanza Suites & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Los Arenales 20 | Los Cristianos, 38650 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
GreenLeadersGold level
Liverpool
“Marvellous Marylanza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in September and unlike the sun tan, the memory has not faded.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, all inclusive food was well presented and yes it was a bit repetitive. But that was only because I chose it to be. You have to eat a good steak on more than one night. There really was a wide variety of choice including Cava and caviar for breakfast if you want.
The drinks were of a good standard with many branded spirits.
Our only regret was booking for 10 days instead of 14.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Polish first
Blyth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

After the recent hustle and bustle of getting married, we jetted off to Tenerife for a week to chill out and relax.
On arrival at the Marylanza the staff at reception were very friendly and promtly gave us out swipe card for the room and all inclusive band. When we got to the room there was a bottle of Cava on ice waiting for us since it was our honeymoon.
The choice of all inclusive food was very nice and comprehensive. The desserts could have been a bit more varied if I'm being picky.
As an all inclsuive guest you get to use the Venetia Ala carte restaurant once during your stay and the food was excellent (Mexican theme).
The pool area was spacious and you could grab a snack at the pool bar and there was also an entertainment programme on 5 days a week to keep children and adults entertained i.e. darts, pool and table tennis competitions.
The highlight for me was the Spa! Absolutely brilliant facilities, which included a steam room, sauna, jacuzzi, ice pool and a salt water hot pool. We paid 80 euros for the gym and spa pass, which worked out cheaper than individual visits and we used it 5 times during our stay.
We visited the new hard rock cafe for a meal as well which was excellent and a geat experience.
My only nag would be that the wifi was a bit temperamental (especially around the pool area) so I guess this is something that they will address in the future.

All in all a great place and would definitely revisit in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

we have been to this hotel twice now and will be returning again. a bit pricey but you only get what you pay for. excellent hotel and the staff are so helpful and friendly. all inclusive is very good and even gives you discount on big name brands and wines not covered in the all inclusive deals. really good restaurant and the staff are in there are so attentive - Leena is especially helpful and always has a lovely welcoming smile. pool are has 2 pools plus a kids pool and plenty of entertainments. rooms overlooking the golf course are superb - we stayed in room H302 which was fantastic, but rooms H301 or H304 are the top of the range here. been to some 5 star hotels where the staff look down at you whereas this 4 star plus hotel is equally as good as a 5 star establishment without the stuffiness. can't wait to return.

Room Tip: H301 OR H304 the best
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SHEFFIELD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've recently returned home having spent the first week in March at this Hotel. This was my 4th time travelling abroad as a solo traveller & the first time at this time of year, didn't really know what to expect. First of all, after a smooth transfer from the The Airport I arrived at the Hotel around tea time. On arrival, we we're all greeted and given a complimentary drink. On check in, I was given my all inclusive band & also paid for a safe deposit for the week which cost 18 Euros. I was given a room on the first 'c' floor (room C105) & was given instructions on how to find my room, which after a few wrong turns I eventually found, it can be a bit of 'a maze' at first!. The Suite I was given was very spacious with a living area, bedroom & bathroom, all very clean & tidy!.. the only few disappointing things was the view from the balcony, or lack of it! ..as my room was at ground level the view was just of trees, although it was very private. The only other disappointing things we're the TV, one of those old TV's with a big back on it, the picture wasn't very good & only 4 channels including Euro sport & none in English, I hadn't gone on holiday to watch TV but it's nice to have at least one English news channel, also the Deposit safe box card could be a bit temperamental at times... there was a bit of noise first thing in a morning from the maids cleaning & moving furniture etc in the above rooms. As I say, I'd taken the all inclusive option which turned out to be very good value for money, I used the dining room for Breakfast & my evening meal & the poolside snack bar for lunch. Breakfast was served from 7.30am - 10am & was a wide rage, included freshly cooked omelettes and eggs to your liking as well as the usual sausage, bacon, beans, fruit etc . Evening meals we're served from 6.30pm & always had a wide range & was always very nice, I would say it's been by far the best choice I've had at an all inclusive. I spent most days around the pool, it was never a problem getting a sun lounger as you're not allowed to reserve sunbeds with your own towels ( they get removed, I tried it once! lol) you can get towels from the hotel at a cost of 5 euros deposit. The main large pool was unheated & bit cold but fine once you got over the shock!.. the poolside snack bar served Toasties, Pizza, Burgers etc all afternoon.The location of the hotel was a bit out of the way but only 15/20 min walk to the beach & the same to Los Cristianos and Playa de Las Americas, it's a nice walk along the front between the 2 resorts with plenty of nice Bars to chill out with a drink while watching the world go by. As I said I'd never been away at this time of year before, apart from one overcast day, the weather was glorious every day & far better than I had expected! At the end of each day I went to use the Spa, what can I say, absolutely fantastic! It costs 15 euros to use but you can get a 7 day pass for 40 euros which is what I did, it's great place to wind down after a day in the sun before dinner. Over all, I had a brilliant time, the staff we're always friendly, helpful & polite, the rooms cleaned daily. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, just request a higher floor room though.

Room Tip: Request a room on an higher floor, not on the first 'c' floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Newent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We've just returned from a week at the hotel, where we celebrated our Silver wedding anniversary. The rooms, staff, food and facilities were brilliant. The hotel upgraded our room to one with a double balcony and its own sunbeds, and we were greeted with flowers and a bottle of bubbly. the pool area was fantastic with lots of room and sunbeds. We were able to spend a day at the hotel with relations who were also on holiday for a modest fee so that they too could enjoy the AI which was really good. I cant praise the hotel too much and would thoroughly recommend it. Tim & Debbie.

Room Tip: Talk to the hotel before you go, they will do there best to accommodate your request, within reason!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The hotel is a good, standard 4* but nothing to give you a wow. The public areas are modern and spotlessly clean along with the rooms. I personally found the beds uncomfortable. To enter the hotel you go down slightly and then all the other public areas (apart from the pool) are underground, the pool area is on the 1st floor. I was staying on the second floor as you look at the hotel from the front but only had to go down half a flight of stairs to get to the pool!
The food in the main buffet restaurant is good with plenty of choice with chips, pizza and pasta every night to keep the little ones happy. It is on basement level which means it has very little natural light and only about 10 tables outside in a courtyard area. We were on half board and found the cost of a 50cl bottle of water very steep at 2.3 Euro, soft drinks are also the same cost per glass. The two main entertainment areas are also underground with no natural light, not bad in the winter season but a shame for the summer.
The hotel is slightly too far away from the resort for my liking as we have a 3 year old who is too big for a pushchair but too small for long walks. It cost 4E to get a taxi back from Los Christianos market (daytime) and 5.75E to get one back from the Parque Santiago area in the evening.
If you have small children who like a play park then go out of the hotel turn right, walk down past the stadium and carry on all the way down until you hit the sea. When you get there there is a playground with two restaurants where you can sit and have a drink/meal while watching over the playground. I found the the restaurant in the corner did a half a shandy for 1Euro! Fab!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MarylanzaSuites, Director General at Marylanza Suites & Spa, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Nowadays getting what you pay for is already a reason to wow… But we obviously do not resign ourselves to this, our aim is to provide our customers with great value for their money and this basically means giving more than what they pay for (or making them believe so, we honestly do not want to lose money!). We regret not having been able to impress these particular guests.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My friend and I picked this hotel as it seemed to have pretty good reviews and it had a spa which looked good. I usually stay at a location nearer the sea but was prepared to try this one for a change. First of all I would like to say that the staff were great and many thanks to the ones I contacted before arriving to ask if one of the single beds could be placed in the lounge area so I could sleep on it rather than the sofa bed....this was done and I personally found the bed comfortable and I just loved the pillow....I usually don't like the pillows in the hotels there but the memory foam one was so comfy! I had asked to be put in F block as others had suggested it was quiet.....well it was some of the time until our neighbours came back and I assume it was their children who found it amusing to ring our buzzer every night and stomp about like a herd of elephants! Usually this happened just as I was drifting off to sleep....perfect! I was not impressed with the view which was of the road and a bleak dumping ground that lorrys came regularly and dumped stuff on! The sun didn't reach it until late afternoon either.....worst of both worlds really...dark with no view! My own fault though as I did ask for that block! The things that mainly made me feel that it was not 100% four star was that there were no toiletries in the bathroom apart from soap. In every four star I've stayed in in the canaries there has always been soap, shampoo, bath oil, a comb, a small sewing kit and a shower cap.....my travelling companion thought it was amusing that this upset me so much but I was amazed by the lack of these items. Also the shop opening hours and the fact the entertainment was non existent on two days a week....that didn't bother me personally as the entertainment at night was not to my taste. I agree with the people who said the sunbeds are too close together....I felt mega claustrophobic when the guy next to me was so close we were almost touching toes! The layout of the hotel was bizarre. Lifts that only went one floor in the public areas apart from one. The views over to Teide and the golf course looked lovely and unless you got a view in that direction there was no good view to be had. On two days we had a major problem with foul drains...the cure seemed to be to top up the water level .....the last time I smelt anything as vile was at Las Terasitas beach in 2009 in a toilet which smelt so awful it almost made me sick and I actually caught a bug from it and was confined to my bed for three days (not this hotel). We did visit the spa which was lovely. The food was varied and lovely.....can't fault it or the staff! Sadly the two of us went home not feeling well so need another holiday to recover......went on a lot of trips involving rapid change of altitude and weather so maybe picked up flu bugs because of that. The good points were the staff, the food, the spa, the room was fine, location only ok if you face the golf course....personally I would not stay here again for the money I paid I would rather stay nearer the sea plus those extra touches were missing.....most hotels I've stayed in have given you fruit and wine on arrival in the Canaries.

Room Tip: The only good view is of the golf course unless you like a pool view so all inside rooms will have p...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
MarylanzaSuites, Director General at Marylanza Suites & Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Luxury and environment, what a strange couple, incompatible in character I would say, for the first usually involves a great deal of superfluity and exaggeration which irretrievably affects the latter. We therefore try to provide a balanced version with attention to details, but only to those which we find important and necessary for a quality holiday experience (eco-luxury, I like that one!). A sewing kit and a comb in a beautiful paper or plastic cover may look like a very nice touch… So nice that I always take them home with me when staying in a hotel (I am bald and cannot sew, come on!). Do not look to the side, I know that most of you would do the same. This means an unnecessary waste of money, plastic and… combs. Thus, if you need a sewing kit or a shower cap please ask at the reception, we will be happy to provide you with one.

Been to Marylanza Suites & Spa? Share your experiences!