“Do NOT stay here... False advertising and a robbery hotspot.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Court Aparthotel

You added Paradise Court Aparthotel to your Saves list
Paradise Court Aparthotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Irlanda 5 | Torviscas Alto, 38860 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
Sussex
“Do NOT stay here... False advertising and a robbery hotspot.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The apartment name and their own information is completely misleading. We expected a luxurious apartment, near to the beach with mod cons and 'designer furnishings'. What we, in fact, got was a dated apartment with a fan that didn't work properly, broken tiles on the floor, a windowless bathroom with no ventilation and a view from the balcony of a building site. The walk to the beach and town was unbearable and the walk back up incredibly steep hills was even worse, especially pushing a buggy. When we decided to get a taxi, on three separate occasions the taxi drivers (supposedly) didn't have a clue where the apartments were. A lot of what was advertised as included didn't exist, a VCR, for example, the tv was old with bad reception, I would go on but basically the whole thing was a bitter disappointment.

As we checked in, we were told to shut the patio door as there are robberies. So we did, every time we went out, we shut the balcony door and put the security bar down. When we were in, due to the fan not working, we opened the patio door and went about our business. As I had my one year old daughter with us, and the cot booked with room hadn't been provided, I slept in the bedroom with my daughter and the working fan and my friend slept on the sofa by the open patio door. In hindsight, we should have demanded to move rooms to one with a working fan, we had been given this particular room as there were less steps to get to it with the buggy. We didn't think much of it as we were on the first floor and my friend, all six foot three of him, was on the sofa by the door. So we felt safe enough to keep the patio door open while we were in there.

On the third morning, we woke up to find that someone had been in during the night and robbed us, my laptop, my bag with my phone, camera and purse and my friend's wallet from by the tv. It was incredibly distressing to think that someone had been into our apartment and robbed us while we were asleep, AND while my one year old daughter was with us. I can only assume they didn't come into the bedroom and thank goodness. It then came to light, through another tourist, that they spray you with a gas to knock you out and keep you asleep. I don't know how much of this is speculation but my friend was incredibly groggy when he first woke up and didn't know what was going on.

When reporting the situation to the reception, he just started going on about the security bar. Again, I stress, we were on the first floor and we were in! I can only assume they were fully aware of how these people operate and didn't see fit to fully warn us. Then, to add insult to injury they wouldn't let us change rooms on the Monday, the day this happened, as the reception wasn't open. Luckily the police arrived over 24 hours later to do fingerprint tests, so pretty useless. We checked out early and again, the only thing that was mentioned was the blessed security bar.

The experience was just horrible, generally I wouldn't recommend Tenerife as robbery is rife on the island and this particular area is a robbery hotspot. However if you do come to the island, do not stay at these apartments, it will only ruin your holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a working fan or no balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Windermere, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

When I arrived at the hotel reception it was closed. Me and my 2 kids had to stay on the street and I asked people about help !!!!!!!!!!. That was very bad experience and I didn't know what to do because it was very late at night. I did't get my key and i should off got email with instructions where is my key and where to go. So i am very disappointed in the way they treated me . And nobody said sorry for what happened . After few days they took money from my account even if i didn't stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012 via mobile

Staff are Very very unfriendly. We arrived on 25th jan to stay for 16 nights. From the word go all we wanted to do was go anywhere but here. We booked a 1 bed apartment but were told there was none available ( even though we had booked one ) and that we had to stay in a 2 bed apartment but move when friday came to a 1 bed apartment. Who does that?? As you can imagine 16 days worth of luggage. Pack it up and downgrade. Dead on !! The reception is poor quality and the pool freezing. The only facility worth mentioning is the pool table which was out of service on the third day and was in no rush to get fixed. Prices at the poolside bar/ reception / wifi area are disgraceful. The location is terrible too up a huge hill where taxi drivers havent even heard of, tenerife taxi drivers know theyre way about!! There are signs all around the complex stating silence or silencio which may as well say make as much noise as you can starting with cleaning and maintenance staff who gladly had the loudest conversation outside the apartment at 8am at the window which doesnt close ( whats the point may as well be a void ) lastly if you do decide to stay here, Dont! One last sting in the tail was the room telephone, no mention of it in the room book nor from staff of the prices and when told about the bill we askes if we could see an invoice of the calls and how much they cost which is fair enough as you get a reciept nowadays ( 2012 ) for what you pay for. This was not possible as the printer wasnt working?? Can you hand write it for us ?? No !! What about visually seeing it?? Not possible either. Tenerife is beautiful island but this place should be bulldozed like the site directly infront of the complex. Please dont make the same mistake we did. We will never return as seems to be the case with most guests. Oh and no air con, just fans and windows that dont close. Disgraceful.

• Stayed January 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

So, when we arrived the taxi driver hadn't heard of it, although once reading our confirmation again, we had relised that we hadn't asked to be taken to the correct place. On arrival, the staff at reception were very pleasant and helpful. After quite a trek to our room, we were suprised after reading other reviews on here that the room had been newly refurbished. New kitchen and bathroom installed and it had been re-painted.

As for walking to the apartments, if you do not like walking far distances this place isn't for you. Although, never once did we need to take a taxi home, and managed to climb the hill with the shopping we had bought.

There isn't a good sized supermarket close to the complex but a 10 min walk away is an Asda sized superstore, where you can pick up everything.

The complex is also residential, therefore doesn't provide entertainment but bars and pubs are not far away for entertaiment. Due to most of the residents working, the pool area was very quiet.

If you are just looking for a place to stay, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a central area that is hustling and bustling with lots of activities, its far from it. After being to Tenerife around 14 times before, this would be a highly ranked place, as I have seen a lot worse.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Cluj-Napoca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

If you don’t want to ruin your holiday don’t even get close to this place and don’t trust the reviews giving them 4 or 5 points. They must be written by their employees. It’s impossible to stay there and be satisfied.

We stayed there for only one night (for the rest of the holiday we found a real place to stay) and it was horrible. A stinky place: old furniture, broken doors, dirty bed linen, bad smell, dirty closet, etc. TV with no remote control (need to pay a fee for one) and impossible to use without it because it was broken and could not change the channel.

We made the reservation 6-7 months in advance (for two families) but when we arrived they gave us two apartments in two opposite corners of the club. We would need a car to go from one apartment to the other. Our reservation was actually for the Regency Club, but they told us that there are no available rooms there.

There is also one person, PAUL I think is his name, who told us that it’s not his fault and he can’t do anything to solve the problems. I understood that the fault it’s mine because I went there. Any of my requests had the same answer: it’s impossible.

As a recommendation, as I told you before: STAY AWAY!
Don’t miss the pictures attached.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

My sister and I stayed in a friends apartment which was lovely. The complex has a small reception were you can buy a toastie or the usual water etc, I wanted a can of tonic which would have cost me 46 cents in the town but they wanted over 1 euro, needless to say I didnt buy it. The are two boards up of do's and dont's, one in English the other Spanish, which stated no dogs allowed on the site, I saw three different ones the week I was there, no ball games around the pool, (joke) no inflatables in the pool, there were at least 5 in the water at one time. No drinking around the pool only plastic glasses, one Spanish bloke had a can in the water. The noise was terrible not English I will add but Spanish, they decended on the pool and sunbeds like flies, they come up use the pool then go. My sister had been there earlier in the year around Feb and its lovely but apparently in August the Spaniards go on holiday there and everybody knows it. It's a trek downhill to the shops etc but not too bad and it only cost 3euros to taxi it back. There is a complex across the road with a little shop and internet. I would go again but either earlier or September/October.

• Stayed August 2010
Bucharest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

terrible hotel:( far from beach .ugly with bugs in the rooms and cats in hotel:( many......... oldpainted, small pool old.. no way to carry the bags:(there..

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Paradise Court Aparthotel? Share your experiences!