“Would use again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apartamentos Andorra

You added Apartamentos Andorra to your Saves list
Apartamentos Andorra
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 C/ Antonio Dominguez, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
Glasgow
“Would use again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I found this via Expedia and along with decent reviews on here, I decide to book for 3 nights for a short break, This was my 1st trip to the south of the island.
I got a 450 bus direct from the Airport and it cost €2.55 to drop me right across the street.
Check in was pleasant and efficient, all the staff spoke perfect English (albeit I speak a little Spanish but some holidaymakers make no effort to try), German and I also heard some French too.
I had a S/C apartment and the receptionist apologised saying it was a "smaller" room for single people (I was alone) so off I walked to the other side of the complex expecting a tiny room but it was nothing of the sort! 2 single beds together and plenty of floor space, it would have been comfortable for 2 people no problem.
Bathroom was fine, a bit dated but functional and plenty hot water. Towels were a bit old but did the job (minor point)
Kitchen was fine with electric kettle, microwave, fridge oven and hob and plenty selection of dishes pots etc (I only used the kettle!)
Bed was comfortable with a quilt. 2 small wardrobes. Room was a little dark initially because the curtains were closed and the wood is varnished with dark stain but open the curtains and it looks better.
Nice spacious balcony overlooking the road, space for a table and 3 chairs no problem.
1 small downside was no aircon. I slept with the balcony door open and being on the 2nd floor I felt safe enough, road noise doesn't bother me but be aware the hotel looks onto a busy bus route. I slept well though. But if you don't like traffic noise then ask for a room away from the front of the apartments. Some of the rooms overlook some bars and noise maybe an issue from them. But as I said, I slept well in a room with an open door onto the road.
The maids were in every day to clean, no issues there.
There is free wifi in reception, you can also get it in your room but there is a charge for that.
I didn't try breakfast or dinner so cannot comment. Nor did I try the pool but there were plenty beds for use and the pool looked clean.
Short walk to the beach, restaurants, shops, bars.
I always ask myself, would I stay here again and the answer here would be a definite yes.

Room Tip: Plenty of different rooms to choose, ones in the hotel side of the complex, S/C apartments that eith...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I have booked the Andorra Hotel/Apartments and would like to email them direct to send a request, I have tried to telephone but do not think I have been successfull. Has anyone a contact email please and or rooms that should be requested, we would like to be in the main building with a pool view etc

• Stayed May 2012
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is perfectly located close to the beach, restaurants and a short walk to the main nightlife. The apartment was spacious with big, comfortable beds and large wardrobes with a huge balcony(room 505). It was spotlessly clean and the maid came in every day, changing towels whenever required. We were self-catering and the kitchen was well equipped apart from a kettle and a toaster which was all we really needed as we normally use the restaurants for meals. When asked why, the reply was 'it is not our policy'. The only other downside was the heavy traffic noise from about 9am which could easily be solved with a double glazed bedroom window. The pool area is very good but the water was too cold for most despite claiming it was heated and the life guard a bit over zealous with her desire to force people to put there beds in a uniform manner. The whole place is very clean and well maintained and the staff very polite. We would certainly stay here again but a pool view room with no noise would be a better option. All in all it was a very enjoyable stay and we would recommend giving the Andorra a visit.

Room Tip: High floor pool view room as ouside rooms can be noisy from early traffic
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

stayed for 1 week in feb2013. great location,5 mins from beach,shops and bars. the hotel was spotlessly clean and comfortable. the rooms are a little old fashioned,but perfect for a weeks holiday. breakfast was great for 5euros,the same every day but you just changed what you ate if you were bored. if you like a decent cup of tea in the morning take your own bags as theres were a little weak.the pool was heated,although still felt cold on entry,i wouldnt recommend it for children as its very slippery round the outside. the hotel was full of "older" people so if you want to party,i wouldnt recommend it. would definately go back for the price,staff were nice too. ask for a room overlooking the pool if you want a sunny balcony to sit on. we were out most of the time so wasnt a problem!

Room Tip: pool view for sunny balcony,other rooms face the road,but noise wasnt an issue.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dundee Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had to find three nights accommodation in Playa de las Americas & chose here because of the reviews on Tripadvisor .

The hotel was very clean - a bit dated but excellent staff & brilliant location .

Lovely breakfast - pool looked nice although busy ,

We would return as it is such great price so near the beach & the excellent Safari Centre.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
staffordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at The Andorra in November 2012. The Hotel is lovely but we were duped into staying there by a private lettings management firm.
On arrival none of the reception staff knew anything about our booking, we only had a confirmation reference and phone number.
The receptionist called the lettings agency and it was still about an hour before anyone arrived to give us the key.
The apartment wasnt ready, still being cleaned, I had 2 tierd toddler grandchildren that had been up since 4am (early flight) we were tierd too and all of us hungry.
The apartment was lovely, no complaints at all, but the agency didnt send in cleaners at all, we had to clean everyday, make beds everyday, empty the bins everyday and we only got one change of bed linen and towels, for 4 adults and 2 children!!

We will definately go back to The Andorra, but, the booking will be made to The Andorra.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Just back from the Andorra hotel. We stayed over the New Year on a bed and breakfast package. The lobby was lovely with a big christmas tree, very nice decorations. The reception staff were very friendly on arrival, even though were early they accommodated us as quickly as possible, and brought the keys to the poolside where we were waiting to check in. The bedrooms were spotless, Clean towels every day, very friendly staff. The pool area was keep well, and you could hire a mattress for you sun bed for 1 euro, which was great value.
The dining room was spotless with a good variety laid out for breakfast. The waiters were always impeckably dressed and very friendly also.

Thank you for a great new year stay. And we will be back again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Apartamentos Andorra? Share your experiences!