“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apartamentos Andorra

You added Apartamentos Andorra to your Saves list
Apartamentos Andorra
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 C/ Antonio Dominguez, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
bristol
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here sept 1st - sept 8th, nice big room with big balcony, suited me and my partner very well, only downside was we had room 302 which was road facing and we found this very noisy as weather was really hot the nights were stuffy but we cudnt sleep with balcony door open as it was way to loud from cars and most the the time drunken people! Staff were very nice, pool was ok, drinks were bit high priced, good location tho 2mins walk from practicaly everything. would defo come bk to playa las americas but probly have a different hotel with more entertainment and more choice in hotel to do things

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Myself, my partner and our 4 year old stayed here for a week in August, apartments clean and spacious although a bit outdated but nothing to complain about! Can't understand complaints about staff as they all seemed lovely! Only issue was building work for most of our stay meaning the pool near our apartment closed and workmen all over but didn't spoil it as we visited beach and used other pool, would def stay here again

• Stayed August 2012
Holyhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

stayed in the andorra several times ,always spotlessly clean,good staff and nice pool. good base for the nightlife or a quiet night in a small friendly bar which ever you fancy,plenty of restaurants near to the hotel as well.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

First of all let me say that this Hotel is fantastic, but I do have one complaint which I'll leave to the end.

I managed to stay in this hotel for less than £250 pp for 2 weeks from the 2nd Aug 2012 with my girlfriend and it was fantastic value and the hotel itself is lovely with a great location. The staff are also very friendly, ever so helpful and could not fault them. We had breakfast included in our package, Its ok at best but I would recommend going to the supermarket next door and getting your fresh bread, croissants etc from there and making your own. far nicer and very cheap.

The rooms were spacious and very clean. Maids came daily and cleaned everything. Pool area is nice, plenty of beds and it has a pool bar, but i wasnt in it as it lacked any kind of atmosphere but for a beer or soft drink it was adequate.

The location is perfect, no noisy pubs around but only a 10min walk to Veronica's if you want to party the night away (also great wee family bars around the corner). Its only about 200m to the beach, I would recommend "Playa las vista", golden sand and water-sports, fantastic. Its also only 100m to the "Safari Center" which has every restaurant available (Try the chinese called Tai Pan, fantastic) and its also a mecca for shopping.

Now for the bad part. For about 7 days of my 14 day holiday we were woken by a numatic drill at 9am as there doing renovation work in its adjoining sister hotel the Marie Rose. I've been told this will continue till Sept so if your going before or around then I would check with the hotel that your not staying in that part of the Andorra. I felt sorry for the people overlooking an empty pool and building site everyday. It was really unbearable and not only was I woken every morning, it meant that relaxing at the pool was near impossible. I complained at reception but because it was all booked up I couldn't get a change of room so just had to make do.

Room Tip: Overall the hotel is perfect and great value for money if only for this work that was taking place n...
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We could have said we adore the Andorra but the noisy building work (going on in the complex from 9AM) unfortunately spoiled it a bit!

The room was very comfortable and spacious enough for the 3 of us with plenty of cupboard space and a good size balcony. It was cleaned everyday and the staff all round were very pleasant and helpful.The pool area has enough beds for everyone - but still you get the 'half-wits' who reserve a bed and a 'his 'n' hers' umbrella as soon as the pool opens and then go off for hours on end! GRRRR! I remember a place we stayed in before had a sign up at the pool which read 'Towels will be removed if the bed is unoccupied for 45 minutes or more.' Andorra should adopt this policy to deter this selfish behaviour.

Our favourite bar was the Highlander which is situated at the Strip nearby (9 bars and 2 chinese restaurants) Michael (the Manager) is so friendly and hospitable and makes the best Sangria on the island! They also do a good value food menu: breakfast rolls, snacks, lunches, set evening meal and a great value kids menu.

We had the breakfast option att he Andorra (8-10am) which was average - did not make it on time a few days but there are plenty places around to have a breakfast at a reasonable price. Los Angeles at the Patch area also does a full breakfast with tea and toast for 2.95 euro.

All in all I would certainly recommend the Andorra - but not until the building work is finished!

Room Tip: We had a pool view, 1 bedroom apt with a single bed made up in the lounge area to sleep 3. (Room 11...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here last year and cannot fault it. We were only 4 nights but had a great experience. Did not have breakfast or tea, as had self catering. A supermarket across and smaller one 2 min walk beside hotel. Short 5 min walk to beach and loads of pubs and restaurants around. Rooms were spotless and cleaned daily.

We had balcony overlooking pool and got the sun until 8/9pm at night for drinks, was great. I requested a pool view and was very happy with the room.

If I ever go back to tenerife it will be to here, as it is close to the beach, nice and cool with great sized balcony.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view, make sure newly refurb with a/c. Essential(?) extras are tv and safe adding 25 e...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I have just come back from a weeks stay in the Andorra hotel, we were located in the hotel block, we had a one bedroom apartment with air conditioning and large balcony. Apartment was kept very clean, maid service every day. Food was lovely. I would however like to mention that the Andorra 2 star apartment block out the back from hotel next to swimming pool was getting building work done so there was noise and lots of dust every day of our stay, but we didn't let it spoil our holiday as we just used the beach as its only a 5 minute walk. Felt so sorry for the people in that block as they drilled all day right outside there balconys. That work was still going on when we left so be careful if thinking of booking to go there in the next few weeks. Very slippy pool area if you have young kids. Reception staff not very nice compared to what id normally get in tenerife. One woman in particular was very rude as I had misplaced my key card and she made me feel like a naughty school girl and im 43. But you only get what you pay for and we just wanted a cheap break away. Would go back when the building works finished as it was in a good location and very clean and a good price.

Room Tip: If your going in the next month I would advise you take a road facing room so you won't have to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Apartamentos Andorra? Share your experiences!