“really good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ocean Ponderosa

You added Hotel Ocean Ponderosa to your Saves list
Hotel Ocean Ponderosa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Venezuela s/n, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
dunfermline
“really good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

had a fantastic time at this hotel food was ok many free nights at the bar room was nice cleaned every other day for what i paid it was a bargain made a few good friends great location for the beach and night life we went fully inclusive would def go back to this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Christchurch, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

after reading reviews and staying one night a while ago. I was really worried about staying here,,,,, but it was better than I expected, we had a 1 bed apartment on the ground floor overlooking the rear pool ,,which was quieter and away from the bar area and although it was rather ""old fashioned "" in décor it was clean with lovely clean sheets, says its a self catering apt BUT there was only a kettle!!!!! and a couple of pans,very little cutlery or crockery so you really need to be all inclusive or plan to eat out, cant coment on food as we didn't eat in ,also cant comment on the bar as we didn't drink in !!!! so many other cheap places all around. I have to say that I personally found the staff very helpful and polite although other reviews said otherwise !!!!. I would stay again

Room Tip: rooms that are at the back !!!! ie near the main road and bus station are quieter as you cant hear...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I found this to be a ok hotel for the price we paid for two weeks all inclusive. Transfer to the hotel from the south airport was ok though we found out that a taxi is only €25 so it would of been cheaper. This hotel is situated in a great location, you are a 5 min walk from Siam park and 10 min from aqua park it's a short walk to a shopping center from the back gate and from the front only 8 min to the sea front and the beeches. You can easily walk to the markets on a Thursday and Saturday though a bus trip is only €5 for a family of four and again that is straight out the back of the hotel 2 min away. Be carfeful not to get ripped off as they will try and tell you anything. You can walk from the sea front both ways and both are as beautiful as each other the only problem is getting pulled by every one who wants you to eat in their restaurant or buy their excursion. I do recommend the boat trip though 5 hrs its great very relaxing and fun swimming in the bay. Buy your own sun cream before going as its expensive out their. The food takes a bit of a knock from people though we found it great!! three full meals a day, salad and soup on offer every lunch and dinner with fresh bread a choice of five or six mains and four puddings. It was always though chicken, pork and fish dish - pasta, chips, and rice cooked a different way each meal time. I felt some people were to scared to try stuff and stuck to the French fries every meal. Some of the meals were very very good on a Sunday it's pizza and mussel paella these are very nice the mussels are lovely. The room well basic, no air con hot at night. Basic, kettle in room so take tea and coffee! As its expensive in the supermarkets you have to pay a deposit to get things like a hair dryer or fan. Pay a fee €25 per week for wifi and the safe. The room was cleaned every other day towels you need to put in the bath to get them changed but for the amount of time you spend in your room it was fine!!! The bar could do with permanent staffing but the hotel makes the staff cover a few jobs so at night they are busy covering the restaurant and it takes a little time to get served! Patience people you can see they are busy!!! The hotel offers two pools one next to the bar but the one up the top best suited for kids as its a bit deeper for them to jump in (1.9m). Clean, very usable also offers pool tables, table tennis table, basket ball pitch and 4 a side soccer pitch. The pool sun beds are busy and people put towels on before 930 then dont use them till 4 the hotel have a no reserve policy so you can take the towels off amd leave them in reception if you are staying and want to use the pool. We found there was a lot of groups using this place. stag partys etc. though they went out at 2100 and then didn't get up till 2 so it was pretty quite for us then. Over all the staff here are great, always working very very hard. The hotel is in a good spot, the staff are really nice and helpful the hotel is basic and cheap. I will stay again!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a week only back 2nights I have never been so glad to be home and in a clean bed we on a holiday to party and to chill out. Tenerife was lovely but this hotel was a full let down the food was awful never seen as bad in my life I'm not really picky but this was bad you just couldn't eat it. So we ended up eating out every night and spending double the money but I didn't even mind because there was noway I was eating that food so that's not all the rooms where like sweat boxes had to go buy a fan the rooms where OKAY the staff at the bar were so cheeky the small skinny man don't no his name but he was so cheeky and rude the drinks where like water cocktails more like water just awful please do not stay here PLEASE.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

When we arrived tamara on reception was lovely,also Patricia..most kind and helpful.room was what you would expect,but the food...oh my god it was pure sick,also the drinks were awful.I complained about the food to reception and hey presto,the meals became edible.I told them my daughter,son in law and granddaughter would be out there next week and my daughter was quite heavily pregnant.THey could not have been more helpful.THey were given a ground floor apt which was good.,until we left the following week when they stayed on,they had to endure 4 nights of sleeplessness from their neighbours,they were eventually moved to the 6th floor,which was good ,especially as they have a 2yr old who needs her sleep.OVerall the staff were nice ,especially lovely MIguel,also the waiter,the dark haired waitress and the very young waitress.I am afraid the older blond girl was like a monster who you could not get a smile out of.PRob would not return to this hotel but will pop in to say hello.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Would not go here again, the majority of the staff were rude and unhelpful. Pillows in my room were like rocks, so lumpy and cheap. And as I read before regarding the choice of food in the hotel then I would have to agree about the lack of it...chips and pasta, twice a day...no wonder I came home like a bloated chicken. I knew there was a reason I don't usually go all-inclusive, it was a friend who booked. Never again!

• Stayed August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Firstly the hotel was dirty, the room smelt worse once it was cleaned, at one point i refused to let the cleaner enter. Me and my family requested two rooms next to each other, we actually had two rooms with four rooms in-between. One of the rooms had a faulty lock on the door, which meant once out of the room it was difficult to get back in, after numerous attempts by the hotel staff we were promised a new lock the following morning only to be told by the repair man there was no need and so spent the rest of the holiday struggling. During the night there was unbearable noise throughout the early hours i.e. dragging chairs/furniture across floors, slamming doors, shouting and singing, after each complaint was made we had peace for around five minutes before the noise continued, We paid for all inclusive only to be disappointed each time we visited the restaurant. We could only count two occasions when meals were acceptable. My daughter and her friend either sat at the table with no meals or just didn't bother with the food at all. Snacks during the day consisted of curled up sandwiches between the times of 4:00pm and 6:00pm. The pools were unhygienic as we witnessed a cleaner sweeping vomit into the pool and when questioned, she replied in broken english "its ok will clean itself" even the reception weren't aware of this. Having made friends whilst there we were dismayed to find we paid in some cases three times the amount of other guests staying there. After the experience of this holiday i can strongly say i will never return to this hotel or Tenerife for that matter. I highly recommend not booking this hotel, worst holiday ever!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Ocean Ponderosa? Share your experiences!