My wife and I have returned on 13th August 2010 following a 14day holiday. Both the Thomas Cook flights were delayed 3hrs approx both ways with poor reasons, On arrival at the Hotel we found reception area was very clean and welcoming and the check in was very quick. The room allocated was of a reasonable standard, however, this was not the best 4* hotel we have stayed in. Airbeds were allowed in the pool apparantly unofficially for the first 5days of our stay and then disallowed which changed the atmosphere around the pool area - it was alot quieter (sorry but after 25years of foreign holidays we have not been abroad yet where airbeds are not allowed in the pool), however, the pool was of a very good size and I had no problem distance swimming).
Plenty of sunbeds around the pool.
Good quality and reasonable choice of food at the hotel with good choice of meat and neither of us had tummy problems.
NOT MANY ENGLISH PEOPLE AT THE HOTEL
The activity programme by the animation team was the reasonable, however, we went out on an evening due to the lack of efficiency of the service at the outside bar.
The Hotel had a brilliant location - 10 minute brisk walk to Los Christianos (We found a short cut past the shopping area instead of the promenade) , 5 minutes to resort nightlife, 3 minutes to quite a nice shopping area.
Cheaper bars to drink in are the TRAVELLERS REST (next to Leonardos) we used this bar alot as the staff were nice and seemed genuine and also the HEREFORD BULL which had one or two good acts on (The Sunday night drag act was funny and suits all ages and the soul night was good). We only had one short experience ( a few minutes) regarding timeshare and also found the Chinese and Africans were nuisances on an evening trying to sell what I would call Junk.
The clubbing type bars in the resort had good atmosphere and had the usual cons to get custom but we only sampled the experience twice as we dont like to pay way over the odds for drinks.
Lorra Park and Siam Park are both good value but shop around for good price (there is a small excursion and cycle hire shop on the way to Los Christianos via the promenade that was very good and reliable with information - look for the English Chap who wears a bandana).
We are already considering going back next year to the same hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the sea on the Playa de las Américas, and with direct access to the promenade, the H10 Conquistador was recently revamped with a luminous and cutting-edge interior design. The hotel has also strengthened its commitment to gastronomy by opening a new à la carte restaurant, La Vita e Bella, serving select Mediterranean specialities with an Italian flavour, and a new coffee&tea shop - Mike's Coffee -, which boasts a wide selection range of teas, coffees and assorted homemade cakes and cookies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your H10 Conquistador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Conquistador Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Tenerife Conquistador
- h10 Conquistador Resort
- Conquistador Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Conquistador Tenerife
- Conquistador Tenerife
- H10 Conquistador Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas