“Room ruined an almost perfect holiday.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of H10 Conquistador

You added H10 Conquistador to your Saves list
H10 Conquistador
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Avenida Rafael Puig 36, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
County Durham
“Room ruined an almost perfect holiday.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been visiting Tenerife once a year since 1999 and the Conquistador was the very first hotel we visited, since then we have always stayed close by and have stayed in the Bitacora Vulcano and Parque Santiago.I returned to the Conquistador with my 14yr old daughter and my partner who suffers with dementure, after a 5hr flight we arrived only to be informed that our room was not ready and we had a 40min wait.when we entered the room (823) i was very dissapointed. A third bed had been added to accomadate us leaving a 14 inch gap to access the balcony and after our 7day stay we all left the hotel with bruised legs from regular knocks on the metal frame and on our final morning my partner injured his foot while mov'ing the bed to pack, it was very apparent that the room was clearly not suitable and big enough to accomadate a third bed and i am amazed that the hotel thinks that its acceptable.We had a better and more enjoyable room when we visited the hotel in 1999,after paying £2,400 i shouldn't be expected to spend every day trying to access a balcony through a 14 inch gap due to a metal framed bed.I was also very dissapointed by the male entertainer,he is the most appaul'ing entertainer that i have seen in my 12yr visits to Tenerife and after two nights of his embarrassed attempts to entertain i decided to avoid his ridiculous acts. NOW THE POSITIVES- the Conquistador is a beautiful hotel with first class food and the majority of the staff appear very polite and hard working,and i had no complaints at all regarding the all inclusive package.I would certainly reccomend the Conquistador as a first class hotel with its desereved four star and I'm dissappointed that my stay was ruined by being placed in a room that was clearly unsuitable for three beds.

• Stayed September 2013
Carlos M, Director de Recepción at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thanks for writing your comments about your stay with us.
I apreciate that you have given the opportunity to know the negative points you have had in your stay and the positive ones as well,,this will help us to improve our service.
We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your holiday instead of.
Kindest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just back from a fantastic stay at this great hotel. My husband & I had booked half board on the Privilege package - the only way to stay at this hotel in my opinion. I don't think we would have enjoyed it so much even if all-inclusive the reviews of the buffet restaurant seem spot-on from the one and only time we tried it (on the evening the hotel's Italian restaurant allocated on our package was closed) Check-In was great and the Receptionist took time to explain all the benefits of our stay. I had been worried about the check-in after reading previous reviews but ours was a positive experience.

Our room on the 6th Floor had the most perfect sea views and was near the Privilege rooftop lounge so we were very, very happy with our room allocation.

The main areas of the hotel reception, pool areas etc are pristine and there seemed to be lots of activities in the evenings although we always headed out after dinner.

The hotel could not be better located - just a 1 minute walk and you are in the main avenue with all the excellent restaurants, cafes and bars.

If you look for faults you find them and my only little niggle was the spa - perhaps this is next on the refurbishment list. I found it a little tired in places, one or two areas not available for use for example.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel and am looking forward to returning very soon.

Room Tip: Sea View - sunsets behind the hotel onto the sea are breathtaking every evening.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlos M, Director de Recepción at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guests,

We are very happy to know you enjoyed the holidays in our resort and we thank you for letting to know your opinion through Tripadvisor..

We will be honoured to welcome you soon.

Best regards,
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 1 week in September.
We were Privilege all inclusive and it was definitely worth it!
I would like to say it was the best hotel we ever been before.

From the very first moment when we arrived we felt welcomed.
The entrance / reception of the hotel was amazing – bright, clean and even smelled very nice.
Receptionist was very helpful, explained everything we needed.
After quick check-in we reached our room (622) and were nicely surprised – nice towel elephant, sweets and bottle of chilled cava was waiting for us! – Thank you
Almost everything about this hotel was perfect:
• Food was very good in the main restaurant and in the a la carte with lots of choices.
• Pool bar very good, but the best was Drago bar were you can nicely chill out. The barmen always cheerful and funny. Were else you can find barman who knows better want you want than you do?! Thank you Thomas ;)
• The island in the main pool with nice and relaxing beds and Privilege terrace in 6th floor with self service drinks, snacks, internet, Jacuzzi, etc…were amazing!
• The location was perfect as well! In the middle of everything: 5-10mins to the sandy beach, 5-10mins to night life and shops, bars, restaurants straight on the door step.
• Evening entertainment was ok, but in our opinion it would be better to have some fun entertainment team for the evening program instead of one guy who tried to be funny… (it is just our opinion, I believe older auditory liked him…)
• Room was good - not large but very clean (with towels changed twice a day!)

Overall the hotel in really AMAZING. I would definitely recommend it to everyone and will definitely come back here!
Thank you H10 Conquistador the perfect holiday!

Room Tip: Go Privilege!
Dear Mrs.

We thank you so much for the review you wrote on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your holidays as allways.
We hope to welcome you soon.

Kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have just returned from the H10 after a 9 night all inclusive stay and we had an amazing time.
When people say to take 5 star reviews with a pinch of salt I totally disagree, I would take low review scores with a pinch. (You can't please everybody all of the time and people tend to over dramatise)
So from the start.......
We arrived at the hotel and what an entrance! The reception area is amazing! White marble, clean and you get the real wow factor. Check in was fine but a tad slow but we got our key and headed to our room.
We originally requested a pool view as we had our daughter (19 months old) with us and we thought at night we could watch the entertainment from the balcony while she slept. We got a mountain/road view, bit disappointed at first but it was actually a stunning view and nice to look out over at night.
The room- was nice and modern 561 although slightly narrow with a travel cot in, very clean. 2 points I found about the room I didn't like - the shower screen is solid glass and can not be moved, this was an issue to reach the taps to run a bath for my daughter (I had to get in the bath to work the taps!) the second issue the main door to the room can't be locked from the inside, my daughter opened it from the inside after I had turned the lock (which does nothing) and caught her finger on the locking mechanism causing her upset. I had to make sure and place something in front of the door to stop her doing it again.
Pool area- We headed down to the pool area which is stunning and a massive plus point to the hotel! 2 big pools, 1 heated and the main pool is huge! And a small baby pool which was a bit cold and I thought a but deep for toddlers. The large main pool has an area round one end of the pool which is 2 1/2 feet deep and 9ft wide, my daughter spent most of her time in this section walking up and down playing with water toys. Sun beds were never an issue but umbrellas were but on occasions where we couldn't find one we asked the life guard who would go find us one and bring if to our sun beds. The Life guard works tirelessly all day helping people with sun beds, umbrellas he never stops! Give the lad a pay rise.
All inclusive - drinks - best drinks package I've had on A/I, main branded drinks, large glasses not half's and choices of cocktails which are included! Although get them from the piano bar next to reception and you get the large different shaped glasses with decoration etc (no glass by the pool)
The food - was great something new every night and loads to choose from. We only had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant as we always had lunch at the pool side bar which did a smaller selection and allowed us to stay by the pool. Breakfast can get a bit boring after a while but I'm not a huge fan of a full English every morning some people are. The staff in the restaurant are great, friendly polite and work hard to keep the restaurant tidy. I liked the fact you could have steaks cooked to your liking!

Bars - which there are 2, the pool one service can be a little slow but I think the main reason for this is you can order a cocktail at the bar, this takes a bar man away from serving quick drinks like a beer or a vodka coke etc to make a cocktail which takes 3-4 minutes. My opinion I would stop cocktails at the pool bar.
The piano bar - main bar of the hotel, amazing looking, clean, classy feel to it, and you can get a real cocktail with all the trimmings. Really nice place to relax and night and listen to the piano.

Location - great location! Although not on a beach as you would picture, its all rocks and pebbles. But good to watch the surfers.
There are 3 beaches close to the hotel, the first go out of the back gate to the hotel and turn right, follow the promenade (which has nice shops bars etc) for 15 minutes and you come to a small beach.
The other 2, go out the back gate and turn left and walk for 15 minutes and you come to another small sandy beach, this is a little pebbly but if you carry on only another 2 mins you come to a large clean sandy beach which is perfect! And the one the locals use so it must be the best.
Las americas is a nice place, the hotel is far enough from the strip you don't get all the noise but close enough to all the bars and shops which there are plenty.

Check out - this was a total nightmare!
We didn't fly until 9pm and were told we had to check out by 12, we were told there was a curtesy room available to have a shower and get changed before we travelled but we had to book this on the morning of departure. Not an issue.
At 9 am on the day of departure we went to check out dressed for the pool with a change of clothes. We placed out luggage in the store room and handed our room keys back in, at this point the receptionist said "I will need your A/I bands back too as your A/I entitlement finishes at 12" I was very annoyed, I explained we had a small child and that we weren't flying until 9pm and did they expect us to go without food and drink until then but she just shrugged! I know some people might think well use a shop, not the point! When you pay for A/I you expect it to be until you don't need it anymore not the other way round!
We then returned to reception at 3:50 to get our curtesy room as booked, the receptionist said someone else is in the room it will be ready at 4 (you only get the room for 1/2 hour) just sit there and wait. 4:40 and with a very hot and upset baby still no room key. At no point did the receptionist ring the room to tell the people (who must have had it since 3:30!) that people were waiting! I approached the same receptionist again who then just looked at me with a puzzled look and said " can I help?" I told her we had been sat waiting for nearly an hour only feet from the desk for the curtesy room and I wasn't happy. She then straight away gave me a card and pointed me in the direction of a room! Why not just do that in the first place! A bad end to a great stay.
Recap - the hotel is great, a few things I've been negative about but apart from the reception on check out nothing which ruined the stay. The food and drinks are great, the staff apart from 1 are brilliant. You will have a great holiday here and I would 100% return and I am already looking at doing so for next year.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thanks for writing your reviews about your stay with us.-
We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your holiday .And thank you as well to give us your impressions because this will help us to improve our service.
We hope to welcome you in a not too far future.
Best Regards
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The hotel overall is very nice, close to shops and bars, , the public areas were clean , as were the rooms, though only small rooms, there always seemed to be a queue at the bar, but this didn't bother us, as we were half board, a large beer would cost you 3.30 euros, so we got ours from the supermarket around the corner for 0.80 cents, also soft drinks.
I tried using the gym a couple of times, but only half of the 4 machines were working when I went, so eventually gave up trying, there were always free sunbeds, no matter what time of day you went around the pool, there is no beach as such, mainly rocks, and mainly used by the surfers, ,the nearest proper beach I around 5 to 10 minutes walk.
There was always a good choice of food on offer, and they had theme nights, the Chinese night was the best, however, the food itself wasn't that hot, and the plates were cold, so by the time you got back to your table you food had gone stone cold, which really spoilt what would have been a decent meal. The hotel should seriously think about investing in some plate warmers.
This is the only criticism I have about this hotel, everything else was fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlos M, Director de Recepción at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thanks for writing your comments about your stay with us,this will help us to improve our service.
We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your holiday .
Best Regards
SCOTLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

hotel was brilliant except we had to check out the room at 12 and we were not getting picked up until 6 and they did not give us a room to get showered and changed even although they offered a late room check out for 30 euros they said they were too fully booked to give us 1 so i am sitting here waiting on the bus with thee sweatiest bollox ever ! ! !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam.

We thank you for the time you took writing your review letting us to know your opinion about your stay, and we hope you decide to visit us again .
Best regards,
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our 3rd visit to the conquistador.Once again we were not dissapointed. we have been in september before but this time the summer season must have gone on a bit longer. There was quite a lot more going on entertainment wise. which was s very nice surprise. we even atended our first foam party!!!! The hotel was a lot busier than ususal, but the standard of service was just as good as when the hotel is less busy.Could have done with more bar staff at certain times, but being on holiday it wasnt like we were in a rush to be sreved.The room was really comfortable and we had some really good nights sleep.you can choose which pillow you would like off of the pillow menu too, an added bonus.We had clean towels twice daily. Also provided are pool towels which are changed every day. The food was in great supply and very tasty. we did upgrade to privelidge as ususal and found it worth every penny. We used the gym frequently and had some fab walks. We came back feeling refreshed and rested. A new lady started whilst we were there called Katleen Nuyts, she was the host on the privelidge terrace. What a fantastic job she did. it was like having waitress service from morning until night. Would like to say a big thanks to her for helping make our holiday special. Alos big thanks to Miguel who has become our friend. he has been at the hotel each time we have been. he made sure everything was great for us. nothing was too much trouble. We also had the lovely Ali in the restaurant who constantly filled up our glasses with champagne. He maade our last night very special. BIG thanks to everyone at the conquistador. fantastic customer service as ususal. looking forward to our next visit in January.

Mark and Anne Stott

Room Tip: a sea view always makes it exra special
Dear Mrs.

We thank you so much for the review you wrote on Tripadvisor.We will pass your comments to the staff you mention on it.We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your holidays as allways.
We hope to welcome you soon.

Kind regards,

Been to H10 Conquistador? Share your experiences!