“Fantastic holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of H10 Conquistador

You added H10 Conquistador to your Saves list
H10 Conquistador
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Avenida Rafael Puig 36, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
York, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

It is far the best hotel we have stayed in in all our visits to Tenerife. We requested a high room and our request was granted and we had a fantasic view down the coast line. The room are cleaned everyday and fresh towels.The food is out standing, the most choice i have ever seen in a hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful although the reception area is always very busy and some days we had to stand about waiting to speak to a member of staff. We had an incident with our beach towels, we had mattresses that had been cleaned and still had chemicals on them, our towels and a pair of shorts were ruined but the staff washed them but could not remove the bleach stains, we had to throw them away but the hotel let us have free towels for our remaining stay. The entertainment is very good during the day and the night. We will most definitely be returning to this fabulous hotel because we could find not faults what so ever, a very deserving 5 rating.

Room Tip: I think that whatever room you are allocated you would have a good view, we requested a high room an...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Polish first
falkirk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I spent one week at the H10 Conquistador in Tenerife from the 14th of September 2012. The reason we chose the hotel was following a walk through the hotel during our Feburary trip to Tenerife and liked the look of what we saw. The reception and pool area have been extensively revamped and is very nice. We booked via Thomas Cook for all inclusive, which I quite like as we try various types drinks etc during our holidays.
The first dissapointing point for me was the reception book in, it was poorly managed with staff, the staff there did not inform us of any restriction ref inclusive board, nor did they explain any facilities with in the hotel. At this point we had waited 20 minutes to book in, when there we were informed they had no safe attachment key, but could I come back tomorrow and they might have one then. So here we are with all our money and my wifes jewellery needed to be carried around when we go about Tenerife, not a good start.
As we were leaving the reception a couple were informing the staff, they were not staying in the room they had been allocated as it was not at the standard appropriate with the cost of there holiday, I am unsure if they were accomodated elsewhere. Our room was a pool view on the first floor, which was fine and clean, however some of the furnishing were in a poor state, obviously this side of the hotel had not underwent any refurbishment.
On a positive note the staff were all very nice, friendly particuarly the afternoon coffee bar girl, she was just wonderful always smiling and nothing was to much bother.
As we started to use the pool bar and hotel, I was very disapointed on a number of ocasions to find our all inclusive was in fact limited to various areas, we could not use the reception bar for a drink unless we were all inclusive plus? or pay. As I went to change my towels (paid deposit 15 euro each) I could not exchange unless I paid or if I was upgraded to another all inclusive grade I could exchange towels?. I on my second day went to attend the bar with patio on the higher floor, only to be told all inclusive is not permiitted to use this bar either, the only bar I could use was the pool bar. My point here is why did I not get informed from reception on arrival, I did feel a bit dissapointed by the hotel and angry at Thomas Cook as they never warned me of this restricted practise as I was booking it.
The pool area is good, and we found the practise of the hotel removing pre booked sunbed towels prior to 0900 in the morning quite entertaining, particuarly when the people who arrived to what they thought was there bed, argued with the new owner of the bed, assuming it was them who had shunned there towels.
The food in the hotel was good, and we used our once a week allowance to use the Italian restuarant, which was very good. The only negative point reference our eating arrangements was the need to queue for an outside seat, as the internal food hall was very warm, did not apear to have air conditioning.
Entertainment in the hotel I think was above average for the week, and we did meet a lot of nice friendly people. Most of these people unfortunately like us thought the hotel was okay but would not return.
I would like to think the management of the hotel would review these comments and address the issues, as the staff at the hotel are very nice and deserve management to consider some aspects to enable a more transparent and efficient reception.
The location of the hotel is fantastic, near the beach.

Room Tip: struggling we were in 037 has pool view and is quite large, but furniture needs replacing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlos M, Director de Recepción at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Mr..

We thank you for your review on this popular site. Also we recommend everyone reading the information of every product before buy something, because we are totally sure that your Tour operator has the information about what kind of things are incluided in its leaflet. Also after reading your review, we can feel you could be unhappy with your Tour operator, but we don´t understand why you score us so low at the hotel, when the hotel informs to everyone at their arrival what incluides or not (we deliver an information leaflet at every arrival) apart of the information that previously they had to got, but we assume you were disapointed to not read the information that your Tour operator and the hotel did provide you and you expected so much more as you got.

We hope you want to come back.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am currently staying at this hotel with my husband, I am 24 and my husband Is 31. We come to Tenerife once or twice a year and have stayed in different hotels every time. I never normally write reviews but I have got to say this is the best hotel by far. The rooms are always clean, as is everywhere in the hotel, the staff are lovely and always willing to help. People have left bad points about the hotel which are slightly unfair on some of them, such as having the water turned off one night, this happened in the middle of the night between around 11pm and 7am so it wasn't an issue. We also usually eat out every night on holiday as we like different restaurants rather than the food in hotels, however the food in this hotel is great and the best we have found so far. Every night is different, there are cooking stations where you choose the ingredients and the chefs cook it, so far there has been pasta, Chinese and a chef stood carving a joint of meat. We stayed half board and the breakfast is equally as good. We were given room 540 on arrival which I would recommend. The entertainment can be heard on a night but doesn't go on long and is worth it to have a sunny balcony with a pool and sea view. We will definitely return to this hotel next time!

Dear Mrs:

We thank you so much, and we hoep to see you on our hotel soon.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel was absolutely brilliant. Myself, my partner and 2 sons 18 & 22 went for a fortnight all inclusive. We paid extra for priviledge which we thought was well worth it.
Priviledge allows you to have ANY drinks, anything from the exclusive coffee shop, you can visit the italian restaurant as many times as you want. There is a premium bar and sunbed area (with jacuzzi) you serve yourself with drinks and snacks, also large TV and free wifi in this area.
The priviledge sunbeds are really comfy(white leather). The spa and gym are also free with priviledge.

Great food lots and lots of choice. sometimes not hot enough but there is a microwave.

The entertainment in the hotel was great. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff in this hotel. The rooms were lovely, our sons had a junior suite which was very big.

We had a fantastic holiday here ( We have been holidaying abroad for over 30 years) this is one of the best holidays we have had.
The atmosphere in this hotel is fun.
I dont normally go back to the same place or hotel but I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mrs:

We love to hear so nice experience in our hotel, we thank you so much to use this poplar site to describe how you and your family enjoyed.

It would be an honour to welcome your family on your next holidays.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and i stayed at h10 conquistador for 7 nights, I will list the good and bad points we experienced throughout our stay with this hotel.

BAD:
There was a huge lizzard in our bathroom upon arrival.
No where could i see the option for room service.
Bar stopped serving food at 4.30pm
Waited at reception serval times as there was not enough staff on.
Was not informed of any information regarding wifi, where the fitness suite was, where we go for breakfast upon arrival.
One of the girls on reception did not smile..seemed stressed? even when dealing with customers.
The finishing of the hotel i.e. cracks in room and dents in the lift.
We had no water for a while one evening as there was a problem with the water.
Twin beds shoved together, not double beds.
Exspensive bar if not all inclusive 2 euros for a small bottle of water. We generally bought water from the supermarket.
If you are facing the pool area, please be aware that the entertainment goes on untill around 11:30 and is very loud!!!!

GOOD:
Housekeeping staff were excellent, always smiled and said good morning. Did a great job with the rooms.
Staff in general were friendly and helpful.
I had an accident and fell over, i had gone back to the hotel a lady and man from reception helped me clean up my leg and were very kind and helpful. Much appreciated.
Room was one of the referbished ones and felt fresh, light and airy. Bed was comfy. Room/Bathroom was clean. Shower was powerful.
Great view of the pool/sea
Great choice for breakfast everymorning, although we were bored of the same food by the last day.
Entertainment during the day, aqua areobics, water polo, ping pong etc. The hosts for the entertainments held during the day were great!
Speed of checking out.
Fantastic location, 6 euros in a taxi to to siam park, short walk to safari centre, the beaches, food and veronicas strip.
Gym was small but had AC equipped with 3 bikes, cross trainer, tred mill, weights and tvs.
Security at the entrance of hotel.
Wi-fi in rooms.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dartford kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I have just returned home from the most lovely chilled holiday at the conquistador this hotel was excellent very clean never saw a ant fly etc staff was so happy and helpfully the maid service was fantastic clean crisp white sheets and towels every day.only 2complaints 1st one was we we're told by our Thompson rep( whom did not set eyes on all week) that they did not allow towels to put on sunbeds befor 9 am but they were about 4-5 men that every morning in the dark went out too reserved about 6 sun beds (very sad even had a torch ) , this was not nessecary as was always plenty of beds throughout the day. 2 nd moan was restaurant very hot but must complement the hotel on its fantastic food so many choices love the pasta bar and ice cream bar. The cocktail bar ( were we spent a lot of time relaxing ) was brilliant and great friendly staff especially Valerie so cheerfully and nothing too much trouble. Will defentley be going back good location excellent........

Room Tip: Ask for pool veiw and where ever you are will see the sea
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlos M, Director de Recepción at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Mrs.:

We are very happy to know you have enjoyed in our hotel, this is the most important target in H10 Hotels.

We hope you decide to come back and we can offer you our hospitality at H10 Conquistador.

yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just had a week all inclusive in september and from the moment we arrived we could not fault the hotel.The hotel has a lovely reception which is very impressive at night time due to the lighting. There is a large bar in the foyer but for some strange reason this is not part ot the all inclusive deal so was always empty which was a shame.The Pool bar is where the all inclusive drinks and day time snacks and also the evening entertaiment are.The Bar staff were brilliant and always happy and very hard working.Food in the main restaurant is very good with plenty of choice of good quality food with show cooking.Entertaiment is very good with proffesional acts every night.There was even entertainment in the afternoons..Foam Party and fashion shows etc.Loads of sunbeds with no need to reserve as ther was always plenty at all times of the day.Rooms are good but could do with a slight upgrade on the plumbing fittings.
Best Points
Branded spirits served in Bar
Coctails made to order every night
air con in room
great location
free wifi with code from reception
plenty of sunbeds
great staff

Bad Points
foyer bar not used
rooms could do with a little bit of attention

well done to all staff at the H10...and thankyou

Room Tip: dont get up at 6 in the morning to reserve sunbeds...no need just have a sleep in
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlos M, Director de Recepción at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Mr.:

We are very pleased to know so interesting description about our services and according at this, we think that you enjoyed them. We have also noted the points you leave us know to improve them.
We hope, if you come back at our hotel, you can find that we get better and your next stay could be more enjoyable.

Best regards,

Been to H10 Conquistador? Share your experiences!