“Excellent...dont believe any other reviews saying otherwise !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Tenerife

You added Best Tenerife to your Saves list
Best Tenerife
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Dominguez Alfonso 6, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
Como, Italy
“Excellent...dont believe any other reviews saying otherwise !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

I have just returned from a 2 week all inclusive stay with my Mum. Although originally from Scotland i have lived in Italy for the last 8 years and travelled all around the world. I left for this holiday fearing the worst after reading various reviews here...fears that i can confirm were totally unfounded. We had a fantastic holiday. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean as were all outside areas and our bedroom. On one occasion i commented that the public toilet area was dirty it was cleaned immediately ! The food in the restaurant was excellent both at lunchtime and dinner times...those who complain that there is a lack of choice are maybe looking for junk food every night !! The choice of fresh salad, veg and fruit was endless as well as fish and meat cooked in front of your eyes!!! The staff are superb especially Jesus and Luciano...once again those of you who complain about them being rude would do well to learn a simple please and thank you in their language..or maybe even your own !! I enjoyed it so much i am returning with my daughter for a week in May. The all inclusive option saved us a fortune !!

• Stayed April 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Polish first
Altrincham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

My husband booked this hotel as a surprise. We had a fantastic time. The location is perfect, the staff are helpful and friendly. The main areas of the hotel are lovely. The rooms are large and very clean. The food is utterly amazing. The only downside is that we've both put half a stone on but would definately return here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Cumbernauld
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

I was on this trip with my wife and mother and father in law, as a 50th birthday gift from my inlaws, and what a great gift it was. We arrived in the early hours of the morning, only the four of us checking in so no problems, reception staff very pleasant. My wife and I had a room with a double bed and a seperate room with a couch, fridge, tv etc, each room had a built in wardrobe. Our balcony faced onto the service area of the hotel, so a certain amount of noise, but the room itself was lovely.
We were half board, although others were all inclusive. Food is buffet style, breakfast consists of cereals, salads, cooked breakfast, omelettes made as you wait (2 mins) pancakes while you wait, toast, cooked meats pate the list goes on,
champagne and fruit juice to wash it down.
Dinner was choice of 2 soups, choice of a about a dozen salad items. main meals consisted of numerous meat and fish dishes including 1 made while you wait.
There were a multitude of desserts, as well as a variety of cheeses.
The pool area was lovely, plenty of entertainment for the kids nice bar area next to pool which also serves food. Outdoor gym at rear of pool area, alongside this is where you can get a massage, facial etc.
I agree with a previous poster, the only downfall of the hotel is that you can sometimes wait to be served (even if you are the only one there) which is a shame, because the hotel staff in all other areas, are very nice, cleaners, reception, and especially the restaurant staff, who go out of there way to help and have a laugh.
Entertainment in the hotel is great for kids, a bit of a hit and miss for adults.
Overall I really enjoyed my stay at best tenerife, the good points far outweigh the bad points, and I would definitely return to this hotel. I am very pleased my mother in law picked this hotel, as I enjoyed my stay so much I put 6 pounds on.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Best Tenerife was just that for us. Location is really good with shops,beach and restaraunts nearby Tenerife has really changed since we were last there, it is a lot cleaner than last time and you are not annoyed by time share touts every 50 yards. Most of the staff are really nice and helpful ( a special mention for Jesus) but a few would ignore you and serve other nationalities before you. I think you get that in a lot of hotels tho. Food was good and we always found something to eat and if you fancied a toastie the pool bar was always available. we had asked for a high foor and pool view and got a side street view and second floor room but we werent in the room that long anyway and we got the sun in the evening on the balcony. My only gripe was although we had two double beds in our room they were very hard and I did not get a good sleep all week and got a sore back. The room was cleaned every day and no complaints on that score, top marks to all the cleaners as the whole hotel was clean. Everyone is given pool towels which is really handy. Entertainment was ok, remember they have to deal with loads of nationalities and it can be so cheesy at times. You can go out and explore the different bars at night after having a few drinks in the piano bar. Should you go ? Yes you will love the Best Tenerife dont expect a five star you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: We went to the Jungle Park for a day out and we r.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
winsford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I stayed at the best from the 4 March until 11 of March. I travelled with my son aged 22 who is in a wheelchair. I was worried because of reviews on here that maybe i had chosen the wrong hotel for him, let me just say everything was brilliant for him. the room was big enough for his chair to move easily, the bathroom was just what we needed. we had a lovely view which we took full advantage of sitting on the balcany most nights just relaxing. the staff were very friendly and it was a great hotel for us. i want to go back and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: great for wheelchairs
  • Stayed March 2011
south wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

recently home from a weeks stay all inclusive..........fab, food was great, plenty of choice & im the fussiest of eaters, staff friendly, rooms spotlessly clean, entertainment fair but with a few drinks who cares. yes the decor could be spruced up but it didn't spoil my hol, loved the place and have now booked another best resort to stay in for my next hol. don't take any notice of the bad reveiws if they want 5* then you must pay the price. We highly recommend this hotel and if we visit tenerife again here we will stay

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
St. Austell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Like a few other reviews on Best Tenerife Hotel, I just dont understand the bad reviews. Can only imagine isolated bad experiences or very fussy people as we returned 29th March 2011 and looking to rebook for Oct this year! As parents in our early 30's with a four year old daughter we found the Best Tenerife ticked all the right boxes. First class efficient staff offering first class service, great selection of food differing everyday and very good quality, fantastic pool areas featuring a large non heated adult pool perfect to cool down, a perfect sized heated pool for toddlers to adults with gradual incline, 2 jacuzzi pools and a seperate baby pool. Reception areas spacious, clean and modern with stunning indoor waterfalls and grenery. The entertainment both morning, afternoon and evening was perfect and varied for the young to young at heart reanging from dance shows, snake shows, parrot shows, fashion shows, competitions etc etc. Accomodation was all it needed to be with a decent and hot shower and bath. What more can I say!! 10 out of 10.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Best Tenerife? Share your experiences!