“Shambolic check in” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)

Save Saved
You added Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) to your Saves list
Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de las Americas s/n | Playa del Camison, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
“Shambolic check in”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Arrive at 2100hrs room not ready shown 2nd room lock not working on balcony door
Porter thought this was acceptable to stay in an unsecured room room was shabby (furniture) beds very uncomfortable never used pool area too noisy with building work ongoing
Never informed about that when booking or at check-in

• Stayed August 2013
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort), responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Kat1548,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your disappointment.

I´m very sorry to know that your experience at our hotel has not been positive.

I would like to apologise for the misundertanding during your check in. Due to a lack of communication between departments we offered you a room that hadn´t been prepared yet. Luckily, the second one we offered you, on the fourth floor, was ready to use. I can assure you that we have already taken action to avoid such errors from recurring.

Please, accept our most sincere excuses for the inconveniences caused.

It is a pity that you did not inform our staff about the mattress issue, as we could have changed it for a different one that might have been more comfortable for you.

Regarding the works going on the adjacent Pyramid building, I can inform you that the level of noise has been dramatically reduced and they are taking place now at a different part of that building, without prejudice for our guests.

Although I can understand your concerns, I would be really pleased if you gave us the chance to regain your confidence on a future stay. Do not hesitate to contact me if you decided to return, so that I can take personal care of your reservation to ensure you an amazing holiday.

1,201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Erskine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasion's and always enjoyed it. We started going to Costa Adeje for a while but much prefer the location of Cleopatra's and the staff are wonderful. Breakfast is excellent with sparkling wine and piano music in the background.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort), responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Nancy482,

Thank you very much for your short but positive report.

I´m pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the attitude of our staff and the quality of our breakfast have contributed to improve your holiday experience.

Let me also thank you for your loyalty, much appreciated.

Please, do not hesitate to visit our web page for any enquiry or for information on prices and availability.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

great hotel, brilliant location. option of 2 pools (one family and one quiet) was also great.
breakfast was pretty standard but overall a lovely hotel in a really nice location. great beach as well! the restaurants outside the hotel are top quality (similar to london quality) - expensive but worth it in my opinion. not a lively night out so wouldn't recommend staying here if you like to party hard. if you like to surf, this is the best place to do it (or at least watch, like we did).

Room Tip: try and get upgrade to sea view room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nashchops,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share here your opinion about your recent stay with us.

I´m glad to know of your satisfaction and I hope to welcome you again soon.

Do not hesitate to visit our web page for any information on prices and availability. Also, you can contact us for any enquiry. We´ll be glad to help you.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here for 10nights in july. work for thomascook/co-operative travel so sold this many times before. so glad i chose this hotel- fantastic service, amazing restuarants just outside in the safari- Biancos was our fav. got upgraded to a plunge pool room, amazing! Would 100% go back! The staff are so helpful/friendly the breakfast is lovely too plenty of choice! The area is perfect for couples! will definatly be returning! When hotel is loaded with TC for next year - Thanks to management for sorting the upgrade out!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort), responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear RosieL812,

Thank you very much for your nice comments and for sharing them her on tripadvisor.

I´m glad to know that not only you send customers to our hotel but you have also become a customer yourself, which is an unusual experience and I hope you have had the chance to enjoy it to the upmost.

We will of course be happy to welcome you in the future. Do not hesitate to express any request you might have. We´ll be glad to assist you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Staff fantastic and always helpful. Stayed for my 40th with partner and no kids...definitely a couples hotel as only saw one child. Room lovely with jacuzzi etc on balcony...just room coukd use coffee making facilities and be touch bigger but overall fantastic

• Stayed September 2012
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort), responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Lilly2316,

Thank you very much for sharing here your positive feedback about your recent stay with us.

I´m really pleased to know that you have enjoyed our services and the attention provided by our staff.

I would also like to thank you for honouring us with the celebration of your 40th birthday.

We will be more than glad to welcome you again in the future. Do not hesitate to contact us through our web page for any information regarding your next booking.

Warmest regards,

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

stayed in the cleopatra palace for one night while in tenerife.on arrival we were given a glass of champagne and staff were lovely especially the men who help with the bags.the pool was great the pool area lovely nice and quiet renting towels was great and u get ur money back when returned.the room a little bit dated but spotless, the bathroom big and shower fab.would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the blue area my daughter stayed in the red and her room was nicer.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Masy2013,

Thank you very much for your nice comments and for sharing them here on Tripadvisor.

I´m glad to know that your short break has been positive and of course we will be happy to welcome you again for a longer stay.

Do not hesitate con enter our web page for any information on prices or availability. Also, if you wish, you can contact us for any extra information. We´ll be glad to assist you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the cleopatras palace for one week (13th-20th August) on arrival we were greeted with drinks and a porter to take our bags to our room. We had a pool view and it is definitely worth paying the extra money for. The hotel itself is clean and well furnished. I was however disappointed by there not being a fridge you could use in our room free of charge, I asked reception if we could use it to store bottled water as you can't drink the water out there. His reply was €2.85 a day to rent the fridge! I find sleeping on hotel pillows difficult as they are usually hard. For this reason I pack my own. After our first night there we left our room, used the pool etc and late afternoon returned to our room to find that the maid had taken my pillow! The hotel pillows wernt even similar to my own! I went to reception to ask about it I was told 'oh it's probably at the laundry by now' so they tried to chase it up and promised to keep me informed. This did not happen I had to keep chasing them up about this for several days. Right at the end of our holiday 2 maids appeared at our door with a pillow which no longer had feathers in it and was the size of a dolls pillow! I couldn't believe what they were handing back to me. So I returned home minus my pillow. I was really disappointed with how uninterested the hotel staff were in helping me with this.

Apart from this the hotel is lovely in an excellent location with some amazing restaurants near by.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear E1756,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I appreciate that, in general terms, you have enjoyed your holidays, in spite of the incident with the pillow.

I´m very sorry about what happened. We have more than 2700 pillows of 9 different types and probably the chambermaid took yours by mistake. Our pillows follow a very strong cleaning process that has surely damaged yours. In no way our staff would show any lack of interest in such situation although you must understand that recovering a pillow, given the big amount of items we wash each day, can take a little time. Please, accept our most sincerede excuses for the inconveniences.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the future. Do not hesitate to visit our web page for prices and availability or for any request of information. We´ll be happy to assist you.

Warmest regards,

Esteban Sedano

Been to Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)? Share your experiences!