We were really looking forward to our stay at the Cleopatra Palace and we were not disappointed! The room was a touch dated but was clean, spacious and comfortable. It was our Silver Anniversary when we were there so we decided to treat ourselves to a superior room with a plunge pool on the balcony, it was worth every penny! The balcony was MASSIVE, there were 3 sunbeds, 2 chairs and a table as well as a parasol , you could of easily sat 4 or 5 people in the pool, OBV its not for swimming in, just nice to chill in. The hotel staff were all friendly, nothing was too much trouble and on the day of our anniversary we came back to find a bottle of cava on ice with a tray of fruit, and rose petals scattered on the bed, in the sink and in the plunge pool! Even though I knew from other reviews that they did this, it still felt special. We also were given a cake at breakfast!
We stayed B&B and the choice was vast, and you could have omelettes cooked to order. The only thing for me was the bacon is streaky, I would prefer back bacon but that is the only thing in the whole stay that I could fault them on, There was even a salad bar at breakfast and on a couple of days I made a ham salad roll up for my husband to have later!
The pool area is just beautiful, non of the pictures I have seen do it justice and there were plenty of sunbeds at any time of day, but this was in June so I don't know what it would be like in high season. All in all I would recommend this hotel and definitely intend to go back there.
As others have said, the location is perfect. The beach is right on he doorstep and there are other beaches within a short walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beachfront hotel of classic elegance in a fantastic setting right on the world-famous Playa de las Americas in Southern Tenerife, it offers guests comfortable rooms with antique Roman touches, spa relaxation with thalassotherapy and perfect tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cleopatra Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Cleopatra Palace
- Cleopatra Palace Tenerife
- Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas