Stayed in the hotel with my wife between 10-17 March 2013. Weather was Very Nice.
Once again we had a fantastic time at the hotel. We booked a last minute holiday and booked one day and travelled the next. I book directly with the hotel website EXPO who always manage to find us a room at a reasonable price.
We usually book a room on the top floor which are really big. They have huge balconies, outside plunge pools and a nice baths big enough for two. Due to the short notice of the booking we had to take a normal pool view room which was excellent.
The rooms are very clean and the housekeeping within the hotel can only be described as excellent. Our maid was great and addressed everything.
I think breakfast is great in the hotel with something to suit every taste and diet. I even noticed the hotel addressed the Gluten free diet requirements of guests.I must admit to being very fussy in respect of food and cleanliness and I state that I could find no problems.
The hotel is on the right on the beach. It is a holiday / beach hotel. Please do not expect a London style boutique hotel but you can be expect and guaranteed good quality and very clean hotel.
The rooms are very nice and very clean and the staff are just great. The reception staff manage everything so easily without fuss with check in and check out managed very quickly. The porters are a wealth of knowledge and always willing to assist.
The pool area is very nice and again very clean with ample sunbeds. The pool and surrounding area is quite stunning although I am not an actual swimming pool fan. The hotel is eye catching.
The hotel is located in a beautiful area right on the border of Las Americas and Los Chritianos. Great shopping, great bars and great restaurants all within five minutes walk of the hotel. The beach of Playa Del Camison is simply metres from the hotel.
In the Summer months the hotel has a huge carnival every week with live entertainment and drinks and foods from all over the world and BBQ style parties. It has free rides and inflatable activities for all children.
The live bands and music and laser show is great fun. They have a huge firework display that shakes the ground and lights the place up like mid afternoon.
Overall I really like this hotel and have enjoyed every stay we have had. I cannot imagine there being a problem that the management team could not fix out if you encountered anything that caused you a problem. There are some real horror story hotels and apartments in Tenerife.
After twenty years of travelling to Tenerife, three or four holiday per year, in my own opinion, I personally consider this to be one of the best hotels in the South of Tenerife when all the positive factors of the hotel are taken into consideration.
Remember that your holidays are just what you make them. If you have a problem discuss the matter. You might be surprised how easily what appears to be a huge problem can easily be rectified. Hotels want repeat custom and rely on recommendations from word of mouth experiences from their guests.
I cant imagine a problem that the management team at this hotel couldn't sort out for you if something just isn't right for you.
K & J
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beachfront hotel of classic elegance in a fantastic setting right on the world-famous Playa de las Americas in Southern Tenerife, it offers guests comfortable rooms with antique Roman touches, spa relaxation with thalassotherapy and perfect tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cleopatra Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Cleopatra Palace
- Cleopatra Palace Tenerife
- Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas