On arrival the hotel looked very nice, and spotlessly clean. Our room on the 7th floor was small but clean.Sea view was fantastic. The really old-fashioned musical entertainment was actually held outside in the hotel grounds for the first four nights of our stay, directly under many of the sea-view rooms. The racket went on until about 1.00 a.m. or so each night, so forget trying to get to sleep any earlier. Even when that finally stopped, the incredibly loud heavy-metal music from the late bar across the way continued until as late as 3.30 on several nights of our 'holiday'. The closed balcony doors did nothing to block out the noise, although if they were sound-proofed it would solve the problem. We did eventually ask to change rooms, and the receptionist was very accommodating in arranging this for us, but it really didn't make much difference to the noise levels late at night.
Our change of room to the second floor also brought a change in the standard of cleaning. I had to call reception and request a change of bed-linen after 6 nights! The linen was then changed on the beds but not the pillows!!!! The rest of the room and the balcony were barely cleaned for the duration of our stay in this room, 215.
I didn't find the food very tasteful or very hot. On one occasion my husband chose to have two boiled eggs for his breakfast, but couldn't even eat those as they were almost raw and poured out of the shell!
If we wanted a fridge installed in our room, we had to pay a one-off charge of €12, which included 6 tiny bottles of water. After that, you were responsible for buying in your own bottled water.
If you wished to have a remote-control for your T.V. there was a deposit of €20, refunded when you handed it back!
If you required an iron and ironing- board you had to pay for it by the week, I believe €15 plus another deposit of €20. At this stage I started to laugh....
On the plus side, we found the hotel itself and the pool areas were very well maintained, and we found every single member of staff to be very pleasant.
I was very disappointed however that after working hard all year long ourselves, my husband and I were unable to enjoy the much-needed rest that we had saved for and so looked forward to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the centre of Playa de las Americas, just next to the sea and with direct access to the to the maritime promenade, the H10 Las Palmeras is surrounded by extensive subtropical gardens. The hotel offers comfortable rooms, delicious dining options (including the Italian a la carte restaurant, Specchio Magico), outdoor pools, a Daisy Club, a multisports court and a gym. Guests can also enjoy a full programme of daytime and evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your H10 Las Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Las Palmeras Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- h10 Las Palmeras Resort
- H10 Las Palmeras Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas