Spent 10 days there JAN 5TH- 15TH, best winter weather we have ever had in Tenerife, 23-26 and rained once one night.
We picked this hotel because of the price and the location is near to our favourite haunts.If you are not good on your pins it wont be the place for you,about 15 mins to the beach and hilly. The car park opposite is being dug up and this makes the front of the hotel very noisy, also two lanes were merged into one, lots of beeping! We had a poolside view so didnt suffer. There are a few ladies of the night about after dark, a couple of old gents walking back late were approached, everyone had a laugh.
Reception very helpfull, I hate lifts so they gave us a room on the 3rd floor.Typical hotel room, twin beds , balcony etc.Fresh towels, cleaned daily and maid left you to sleep if sign was on the door.
We took the half board option, cant fault the food , apart from the fact it could be hotter.That is the same in most hotels we have stayed.However I feel the dining room is too small and tables close together, people pushing past and weaving in and out.By 9am there was a queue and most evenings we had to wait a while to be seated. Once we wre shown to an unmade table with a dirty cloth. The staff work hard to keep things running ,some were not very polite, overworked? Dining is a big part of a holiday and it wasnt relaxing there. Perhaps eating early is the best, free bubbly Thursday evenings.
Cant comment on entertainment, we went out, but the bar looked nice.
We had a great holiday, so dont be put off, I am just telling you how I feel.
All in all a nice hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Oro Negro is located 500 metres from the las Americas de Arona beach, in Tenerife, close to the local leisure centre and the "Las Americas" golf club. The hotel facilities cater to the most discriminating clients, both adult and children: swimming pool for adults, children's swimming pool, children's playground, large terrace, solarium with hammocks, hairdressers and beauty salon, table football, table tennis, private garden, pool bar, live shows in the bar, Daniel's bar, breakfast buffet restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Catalonia Oro Negro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Oro Negro Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Catalonia Oro Negro Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas