Stayed at Oro Negro for 10 nights and had a great stay. Our room was in a quiet part of the hotel, opposite the Oro Blanco apartments. Rooms were cleaned daily with daily towel changes. The good was great - so much choice I cant believe they can make any profit - with a huge choice of hot and cold food, plus lots of vegetables, chef cooks a meat and fish dish, plus carved meat. I cant believe that people have commented previously about lack of choice but hey some people expect The Ritz for little money. Bar prices are very good with great service too in particular from Paula who is an asset to the hotel with a friendly and helpful personality and very hardworking. The pool are is large with many sunbeds and it was funny to watch the OAP's queuing up for their beds for the same spots each day! Guests were friendly with a high percentage of repeat bookers from the UK.
Outside the hotel turn right and walk for 10-15 minutes to come to Parque de la Paz area which is strip of bars (plus nice Chinese) with live shows every night. It is just and a few minutes walk further on to the beaches of Los Cristianos. The famous Veronicas and The Patch are about 10 minutes walk as is the main beach so the location is great. The few negatives, which are minor, were lack of electric sockets in the bedroom and the chefs don't cook the sausages enough (pointed out several times but to no avail) but those are the only improvements I can suggest to be made but overall we would return and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Oro Negro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Oro Negro is located 500 metres from the las Americas de Arona beach, in Tenerife, close to the local leisure centre and the "Las Americas" golf club. The hotel facilities cater to the most discriminating clients, both adult and children: swimming pool for adults, children's swimming pool, children's playground, large terrace, solarium with hammocks, hairdressers and beauty salon, table football, table tennis, private garden, pool bar, live shows in the bar, Daniel's bar, breakfast buffet restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Oro Negro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Oro Negro Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Catalonia Oro Negro Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas