Only just came home from staying here for two weeks, the hotel was lovely & kept in great condition! The terrace area for sunbeds is excellent and there is no rush at all to try and get a sunbed in the morning like I've experienced at some hotels before. The staff were lovely and extremely helpful as we had an issue with a lost item upon arrival and they were very quick to help us to get in contact with our rep to help get it back. They offer a great option to exchange your lunch for your dinner which means if you want to take an evening out for dinner then you don't have to worry about lunch as long as you let them know. The food in the evening was very disappointing, they have a grill with a chef cooking but every night it was fish & something else but even then it would have been nice to not always be offered fish as personally it's not something I like. The pool is also extremely cold, I assumed like most pools you would get used to it after a few minutes but nope, on our whole 2 weeks we only went in it once & as two 20 year old females we would normally have used it a lot more but really couldn't. Also I had a massive problem with the lack of plugs in our room, excluding the bathroom which is supposed to be for razors we only had 1 between 2 people, it was a big problem when trying to keep two phones charged & get ready. Lastly be warned if you're going it will cost you to get aircon in your room which we were not aware of, however we decided to see how it was without it & it was completely fine & I would honestly say it's not needed. Overall we had a great time during our stay here, we spent a lot of time in a bar just down the hill called Gaffers, to anyone looking for a great bar with a great compare and lovely staff without heading down to the strip I would definitely recommend it, also next door there is a great bar called Bar 13 who does great food & even better cocktails!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Oro Negro is located 500 metres from the las Americas de Arona beach, in Tenerife, close to the local leisure centre and the "Las Americas" golf club. The hotel facilities cater to the most discriminating clients, both adult and children: swimming pool for adults, children's swimming pool, children's playground, large terrace, solarium with hammocks, hairdressers and beauty salon, table football, table tennis, private garden, pool bar, live shows in the bar, Daniel's bar, breakfast buffet restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Oro Negro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Oro Negro Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Catalonia Oro Negro Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas