We enjoyed our recent stay in this hotel immensely and are very impressed with how well managed it is. Despite the large number of people staying all the time the hotel runs like a well oiled machine with staff and and management always polite, courteous and good humoured. The hotel is clean and comfortable and special mention must be made of the delicious varied buffet style cuisine. The chefs deserve an accolade producing constant fabulous dishes to tempt us - the variety is generous so no matter what type of diet you prefer to follow there will be something for you. Warning: Very easy to over indulge !!!! The dining staff are so welcoming too. You may have to queue sometimes until a table becomes available but never for too long. This is a popular hotel with regular long stay visitors so that really is a recommendation in itself. I have just two little problems. Firstly, this is a personal thing so may not apply to you, but we found the mattresses on the beds extremely hard - too firm and unforgiving so not always a good night's sleep was had. A bit like sleeping on an ironing board. But as mentioned, that is a personal preference. However, my real annoyance was the charge for using the safe which is secured in the bedroom cupboard. We thought the charge excessive considering the safe is in the room anyway - in fact pure profiteering. Happy to pay the refundable deposit for the key to use it and an additional nominal charge although in my opinion it should be included in the price. The hotel is a 15-20 min walk from the lovely beaches. The walk we considered a bonus as it gave us a compulsory walk each day to try and hone off a few calories! Be sure to ask for a room overlooking the pool side of the hotel as the road side could be noisy. Overall we did enjoy our stay very much and would go there again providing the good value price we attained for the holiday was once again available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Oro Negro is located 500 metres from the las Americas de Arona beach, in Tenerife, close to the local leisure centre and the "Las Americas" golf club. The hotel facilities cater to the most discriminating clients, both adult and children: swimming pool for adults, children's swimming pool, children's playground, large terrace, solarium with hammocks, hairdressers and beauty salon, table football, table tennis, private garden, pool bar, live shows in the bar, Daniel's bar, breakfast buffet restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Oro Negro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Oro Negro Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Catalonia Oro Negro Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas