After reading some interesting reviews of this hotel, I actually rang Thomsons as I wanted to change to another hotel. They said they hadn't had any negative feedback about the alleged "red light activities" and I shouldn't worry. (Well they would say that, I thought to myself). However, they were correct. Don't let these reviews put you off this very good hotel. It's advertised as 3* and thats what it is. Rooms quite large and airy and we had a verandah half the size of the room as we were on the ground (pool level) floor. Reception and the entrance were upstairs. Although on the surface everything seemed clean, to me, a good spring clean was required. I noticed cobwebs in the corners of the high ceilings. Some of the towels were frayed and certainly past their best. Breakfast was certainly the best meal of the day. Plenty of choice for everyone. The evening meal was OK and I always managed to find something, even if it was the same as the previous day! There was usually fish, chicken or meat cooked in front of you. Desserts were the same each day. The restaurant staff were mostly OK apart from the seater, Simona, who was one of the nicest people I have ever met. She really looked everyone and always seemed to find a table where you wanted one, which wasn't easy when they were busy. And always a big smile and a quick chat about your day. The bar and reception staff were also good. After asking in the evening for some more towels at the desk, we returned to our room to find the towels arriving at the same time as us. The outside space was quite large with plenty of sun beds and a lovely clean pool which was hardly used. We watched the evening entertainment on 2 nights and that was more than enough. But there are plenty of places to go to outside the hotel. There were a lot of people staying for 4 weeks or more and some returning after Christmas but I don't think I would want to stay that long. However, for a 1 or 2 week holiday I thought it was good value and will certainly consider returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Oro Negro is located 500 metres from the las Americas de Arona beach, in Tenerife, close to the local leisure centre and the "Las Americas" golf club. The hotel facilities cater to the most discriminating clients, both adult and children: swimming pool for adults, children's swimming pool, children's playground, large terrace, solarium with hammocks, hairdressers and beauty salon, table football, table tennis, private garden, pool bar, live shows in the bar, Daniel's bar, breakfast buffet restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Oro Negro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Oro Negro Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Catalonia Oro Negro Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas