“Average Hotel,more 3star than 4star.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sol Tenerife

You added Sol Tenerife to your Saves list
Sol Tenerife
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda Rafael Puig Lliviana S/N, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% discount
UK
“Average Hotel,more 3star than 4star.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Having read the hotel info,this hotel seemed an ideal place to spend a nice few days in the sun and for the most part this was true.
The beachside setting was spot on for strolling along the promenade to Los Christianos or to Puerto Colon.
The pool area had plenty of sunbeds and parasols with a lot of space to sunbathe by the pools or in the garden area.
The guest rooms seemed a bit on the smaller side, though well equipped with a small balcony which was devoid of Sun all day. The satellite TV service advertised was a complete waste of time watching if you are English.
Virtually no sound on BBC world and CNN repeating programs every hour.These were the only English channels available but there were plenty of other European language channels.
Whenever we have visited this island before satellite TV meant a selection of English popular channels available,not at this hotel.
I may be going a bit overboard on this subject but it is because my wife and I choose to stay in on an evening and watch TV rather than go out gallivanting at our age.
The food was adequate and plenty of choice so no need to go hungry here.
The one highlight of the holiday were the staff,they were excellent and tried their best to look after us excepting the TV debacle.
In conclusion I think the hotel is okay but nothing to get excited about.
I would not book there again as it did not supply all facilities advertised that we needed but for younger holidaymakers it could be a good base to enjoy Tenerife.

• Stayed May 2013
Carlos F, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Tenerife, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear ArferUk,

Thank you for have given us the opportunity to welcome you at the Sol Tenerife. We really appreciate your comment because it teaches us how to enrich our services day to day and, furthermore, it helps us with our continuing effort to improve the services quality for our guests.

Looking forward to welcome you again in the Sol Tenerife to provide you with the best of our attention for recover your trust in us and make your stay an unforgettable and very special experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Polish first
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The food was adequate and plenty of choice so no need to go hungry here.
In conclusion I think the hotel is okay but nothing to get excited about.

Dear ArferUk,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Lovely looking hotel both inside and out. Staff are lovely and very helpful. Pool needs a good clean looks very dirty. My fiancé and myself were there from the 19/4/13 - 27/4/13 and the pools hadnt been cleaned. The couple in the room next to us also told us that the pool hadnt been cleaned the week before we came! The beach next to the hotel isnt really a sunbathing beach its full of stones. The food in the hotel is very dry anf cold. The same food is served every night! The decor of the rooms is very dated, they should look at changing the colour scheme. Trying to sleep at night can be hard due to the noise coming from Veronicas.

• Stayed April 2013
Carlos F, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Tenerife, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Laura21049,

On behalf of myself and all the staff of the Sol Tenerife, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Tenerife, as well as for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, thanks to them we continously strive to strengthen the points that need to be improved, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Looking forward that new opportunity we ramain at your complete disposal.

Warm regards,
Peresvet
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I spent great time in Sol Tenerife. Hotel is situated right on the ocean front in the lively Tenerife resort of Las Americas. The nearest beach is in the walking distance from the hotel. And although there were two pools on the hotel compounds I didn`t had a chance to use it preferring swimming in the ocean and relaxing on the beach. A lot of bars, shops, restaurants and other services were in the vicinity, main bus stop - about 15 minutes walk away. As hotel itself as well as our room were quite comfortable. A lot of mirrors made the room look more spacious and airy. A great view from a balcony over town and ocean. We had half board accommodation and as breakfast as well as dinner were both great with lot of choice of various meals and beverages. I would especially mention local fruit. Their kiwis, bananas and oranges were delicious.
Some points I have to make on what I did not liked: hotel does not provide free wi-fi for their guests and 4 euro p/hour seems to me quite ridiculous. Happily there are McDonald`s where you can get it for free. And another point - a loud music in the night from restaurants although even they were rather far from the hotel, on the neighboring street but were still very audible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Guillermo G, Director General at Sol Tenerife, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Aleksandr550,

Thank you for sharing your experiences through TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your comments about our hotel especially about our food we serve in our buffet. Also, we are pleased to know that you could enjoy your view, room and our location.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Hotel Manager
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here from 04/05/13 for 1 week.
Booked last Jan 12 th. Specifically asked for a sea view. Was allocated room 272 in block B which is as far away from the sea in this complex as you can get!.
When I complained and stated we had booked as far back as we had, I was told another room would not be available until the following Monday almost half way through our week long holiday.....
HOWEVER there was a room available on an UPGRADE at a cost of €15 per night.
We were late checking in and just could not have been bothered argueing and took and paid for "the upgrade" which now had us in 513 block A.
I started to think about what had happened over the coming week.....
This hotel has 2 blocks with 11 floors in each. Four rooms in each face the sea directly, if these were been used as "upgrades" every night, the hotel was making an extra €2640 per night, a nice little earner indeed ! even if they only used half the rooms it is still nice money.
So much for booking early and putting in a special request. I think this hotel SHOULD have a supplement CHARGE clearly ADVERTISED at the time of BOOKING.......
On the up side, the rooms were EXCELLENT, the food was EXCELLENT and the poolside and all public areas were EXCELLENT also.

Dear Johnnydub22,

Thank you very much for your great review regarding your stay with us!!

On behalf of myself and the entire staff of the Sol Tenerife, we would like to thank you for such a wonderful comment regarding our attention in order to make your stay unforgettable. We are very proud to know that we reach our aim and you had a perfect and special stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future,

hoddesdon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just returned from sol Tenerife for a cheap week away with my daughter, it was I would expect for the money that we paid, food was ok and you wouldn't starve, although we ate out some evenings, drinks were ok and never much of queue, cava sangria was only a 3 euro supplement for all inclusives, rooms were basic and clean, staff were pleasant, we had room on 7th floor and were not disturbed by noise, I can't understand people complaining, they should do some homework as it is obvious were it is located, pool area nice and never had problem getting sun beds, although we are early sunbathers, hey people I think they do a great job for the money, I think we got more than we paid for including flights

Room Tip: 7th floor was good for us
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear rendene,

Thank you very much for your comments.

We are happy that you and your daughter could enjoy your week in our hotel Sol Tenerife. We are pleased to know that our services, location and especially our staff could satisfy your expectations.

Thank you for your comments one more time. We hope to welcome you and your daughter back.

Kind regards,

Hotel Manager
newport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

just returned from sol Tenerife and would like to advise anyone going there to try and get a pool view room as these are the quietest. there is a lot of noise on the rooms facing outwards, I would not class it as 4*. the reception staff were excellent as were the rest, there was a good choice of food but a little short on the pastrys ,they only served beer in small glasses. all in all we enjoyed it after they moved us

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Glyn Gmlac J,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Sol Tenerife. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sol Tenerife, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future as well as provide you the best of our attention.

Been to Sol Tenerife? Share your experiences!