“Mediterranean Palace Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)

Save Saved
You added Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) to your Saves list
Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda de las Americas s/n | Playa del Camison, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Mediterranean Palace Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed in this hotel 24th June - 1st July 2013, I have to admit I was a bit worried after reading the reviews, but I can say that I don't know what many of the reviews are talking about!! There were the odd downfall but apart from that we really enjoyed it and had a great holiday!! Coming out of the gates onto the beach, there were people stood looking in saying how amazing the hotel looks!! The rooms were basic, but very clean, towels and bedding changed every day - but who really cares what the rooms are like, aslong as they are clean thats all that matters, you don't go on holiday to spend it in your room. Downfalls would be the safe - we had several issues with this, it kept locking us out and we had to ring reception to come and reset it. Also the hairdryer, would advise to take your own. Pool is massive and there is plenty of room and sunbeds, never had a problem getting a sunbed. Breakfast was excellent, no idea how anybody can complain about it, there was everything you could imagine having for breakfast, there is also somebody making you fresh omlettes and pancakes. We only stayed bed and breakfast so can't comment on the other meals. The staff were very helpful, we didnt fly home till 8 at night and had to check out at reception at 12, so they said we could book the coutesy room which was brillant as it meant we could still have a day round the pool and would have somewhere to shower and change. Oh and would reccomend the restaurant called Tai-pan!! That nice we went 3 times!! Overall we had a brillant holiday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort), responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Loren W,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share here your detailed feedback.

I´m glad to read that in general terms, you have enjoyed our services and facilities.

Of course we do welcome all kind of comments, even negative, as they are very important to help us detecting where we are failing. However, positive feebacks like yours are the best encouragement for all of us, so thank you once again.

I will send someone to verify the correct fonctioning of the safe and hairdryer of the room you occupied. I´m sorry that these devices have been an inconvenience during your stay.

Nothing could please us more than welcoming you again in the near future. Do not hesitate to contact us for any special request, we will be happy to assist you.

1,228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Polish first
Larkhall, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

currently staying in this hotel, great food and pool, that is where it stops, rooms are so small, you take turns to pass between the bed and the 20 year old telly. light swiches loose and dangerous, no slippers, no bath robes, no flannels in the bath room, how in heavens name does this hotel get a 5 star rating.
There own web site advertises pay tv (none) very well hidden 6 euro per day for the gym. Clearly they do not trust their guests, 15 euro per towel hire. Discussed some concerns with hotel management, she talked a lot, never listened, promised to look into the issues I raised and did nothing. Stayed hear 15 years ago and I made the mistake of returning, thinking it would be better this time WRONG.

Room Tip: Pool is great, rooms are dreadful
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort), responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Audrey C,

Thank you very much for the time invested on sharing here your disappointment.

I´m very sorry to read that you feel deceived with the services provided and some of the company policies.

I´m quite surprised to read your statement about the information provided on our website as there is nothing relative to a Pay-Tv service that we just don´t offer. You can also find the price for the use of our gym, clearly shown on the Sports Facilities tab, just under the Hotel Gymnasium information. We can only guarantee the validity of the information provided on our web page, as other web pages are out of our control.

As you have noticed, we require a 15€ deposit for the beach towels that is refunded once the towels are returned. This measure guarantees that they are not abandoned outside the hotel but in no way we would ever charge you for hiring the towels.

Regarding the room condition, I will immediatelly contact our maintenance team, who will check and verify the correct fonctioning of all the room items.

Please, accept our most sincere excuses for the inconveniences.

Best regards,

Pwllheli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

customer service at OTB is at best inconsistent in the extreme. If you are lucky you will get someone who will be helpful otherwise you are on your own. Faced with a booking problem I was told that Ryan air will not communicate directly with OTB even though they are the agents selling the flights, weird!
The hotel was in a great location, my room was comfortable but a bit noisy (mountain view). Breakfast was plentiful but was aimed at the early birds 6.30 to 10.30. Overall I was very satisfied with the hotel stay.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — hard bed and noise
Dromore, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Loyal customers to this hotel but very disappointed this year. Room not cleaned well daily. (Wine glasses lay for 3 days without being washed or touched). One small bar of soap for the whole week. Rooms have not been updated since hotel opened 25 years ago. Had to pay 32.10 euro to keep room on for late flight home even though we have been loyal to hotel for many years. Some staff are very helpful but others not so much. When we made a complaint we felt we were the ones who had done wrong. Definitely no longer a 5* hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort), responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Pat D,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your dissapointment.

I´m very sorry to know that some aspects of the service provided have not been up to your expectations.

Your comments show that processes that are perfectly defined have not been followed up properly by our cleaning staff, having as a consequence deficiencies that we can not accept. Please, let me offer you my most sincere excuses for the inconveniences. I promise to immediatelly correct this issue with the person in charge of your room cleaning.

Regarding the late check out, we always offer the possibility of using a room for half an hour free of charge, for those guests with late flights. If you do not wish to use this facility and prefer to stay in the room you are occupying, there is a reduced fee you must pay. I remind you that the international check out time is 12 pm.

I´m sorry that in spite of our efforts you have not felt satisfied with the services provided. Of course you will always be more than welcome if you decide to return in the future.

Best regards,

wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed at the Med from 14th-25th June,another lovely stay in a pool view room.
We stayed bed and breakfast as there are so many excellent restaurants around the hotel to suit all tastes.
The only problem that we had was that there seemed to be many guests staying there who have no manners and also despite there being signs not to smoke choose to smoke in the bedroom and on the balcony which is not good when we are non smokers.
Despite my small gripe I will be coming back for another visit.

Room Tip: Pool view everytime.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort), responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Weelie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share here your comments.

I´m happy to read that you have enjoyed your holidays in spite of the annoyance of other guests who apparently did not respect the non smoking advertisements.

Please, accept our most sincere excuses for the inconveniences this might have caused you.

Do not hesitate to contact reception whenever you detect such an unfortunate behaviour and we will take immediate measures. As any hotel in Spain there are restricted and specific areas for smokers and non smokers that we must all respect, as each group has its rights and they must be looked after.

I hope that your next stay will be as pleasant as this one but without this annoyance.

Wallasey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went June 9th to 20th weather was excellent only two cloudy mornings . Always stay Bed and breakfast .I like plenty of fruit and there was always a good variety ,there is a lot of other good quality food with plenty of choices . I have travelled a lot on business all over Europe and at good hotels and the Breakfast is as good as the very best I have stayed .I like staying at this hotel and have stayed at least 15 times over a ten year spell .The swimming pool is top class with a good system of not allowing anyone before 9 am reserving a sunbed .At 9 am the towels can be changed and that is when you can get a bed .If you come down ten minutes early you can sit at the spot you won't to have your bed but you cannot leave any towels down without you being there till 9 .There is always plenty of beds so you can come down when you like . The hotel is in an excellent location when you walk through front door you have a variety of top class shops , restaurants, and a strip of bars with live music .Every year I go the area improves .I recommend Bianco's Italian restaurant and the Thai two doors away .The four restaurants all next to each other are of the highest quality .They are owned by the same company and if you are eating out they are a must I visited both of them three times each .If you won't to eat Chinese then you can not go wrong with eating at the Chinese between the soul bar and the Highlander pub .People say that the rooms at the Mediterranean place are a bit tired , well they have not changed much in ten years and they could be improved a bit but , they have a safe a fridge and tv that has BBC 1 and 2 and ITV 1 and 2 also English films and channel 4 .The beds are a bit hard for me but the maid brought me a padded sheet to put under the sheets and this made it fine for me .Overall I think they are fine with decent air con and very good maids who keep room very clean and change towels as required .The staff at the hotel reception are very helpful and will do whatever is required to improve anything you are not happy with .There is plenty going on around the pool all day water aerobics , darts , archery , five a side football , table tennis .They have an ok gym which I like to use each day and the staff are very friendly .If you won't to stay at a very well run hotel which is in prime position in an excellent location with plenty to do at night then this is a hotel for you .The only negative this year was the number of Russians who seem to be at the hotel . Hopefully they will start to get educated in manners eg thank you and politeness but this is only a minor moan .

Room Tip: B and B best with the the amount of excellent restaurants and great location with in walking distanc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort), responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Phil W,

Let me thank you for the time invested on writing such a long report regarding your recent stay with us, much appreciated.

I´m happy to know that once again you have enjoyed the service provided and the surroundings, which, as you say, improve each year.

Although we know our rooms would do with a refurbishment, we intend to maintain a high quality of service in all areas and will continue to do so once the works have been carried out.

I would also like to take this chance to thank you for your extraordinary loyalty during the latest years. That is the best probe of your appreciation to our resort.

Nothing could please us more than welcoming you again soon. Do not hesitate to inform us of any special need, we will do our best to meet your requests.

Waterford, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

my flight home was cancelled so i was put up in the Med. Palace for the night. the reception staff were o.k . the room certainly wasnt 5 star and needs updating. all it had was a bed(a big one) a tiny t.v and a bathroom. the roon was very cramped also. Breakfast was nice but it needs to be organised. everthing is thrown around the place. i didnt get a chance to use the pool but people i know said that they were treated to a champagne breakfast and had lots of room and even a plasma screen. Med. Palace is ok but would only pass for a 3 star.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better
Dear James T,

Thank you very much for your comments about your short stay with us.

I am sorry to know that the general impression about our services and facilities has been negative, maybe partially due to the few hours spent in our hotel. I wish you had had the chance to visit the resort and try the different services to get a different idea of our offer.

In all cases, if you ever decide to try our hotel experience, you will be more than welcome by all of us.

kind regards,

Esteban Sedano

Been to Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)? Share your experiences!