We have been to Tenerife (Arona) 6 times in the last 10 years as we love the weather, food varieties and location. We have stopped at the Med Palace our last two visits as it just enhances all of this!
The location is superb. Right in between Los Cristianos Bay and Playa de las Americas so great access to the beach front and walkways. The facilities and layout work great and the staff are always very helpful/courteous. The reception, piano bar and general ground area is stunning.
Yes some of the rooms and walls could benefit from a slight refurbishment but nothing major!!
I think some people on here need to understand your not paying ultra 5 star prices for this hotel!! Try the hotel next door (Sir Anthony) maybe??
The pools are great and very friendly for children with sloping entrances and child specific pools. There is daily entertainment in the pool (11am) with great keep fit water classes. This doesn't go on all day so no worries if you want a peaceful sunbathing time too. If required you can use the facilities next door at Cleopatra for even quieter location so it covers all requirements.
The food (breakfast) is always hot, offers a good enough selection for all and is available for a long period of time (if you like your lie-ins). The Turtle Club (kids) is first class for all ages (6 months upwards) with full sleeping areas, constant monitoring by staff and lots of facilities (slides/indoor play gym, drawing/colouring etc.) to keep kids happy all day every day.
Overall this is a great hotel especially if you want the benefit of a fully monitored kids club. If you don't have kids then don't worry as it never has loud music or entertainment etc. This along with its location and guaranteed weather is why we will be back again in 3 weeks time for our 3rd visit to Med Palace in less than 12 months! Great hotel that fits "the bill" (££) perfectly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, T4B, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas