My friend and I had a look at this hotel in 2012, liked what we saw, once back home we booked a week at the end of Feb 2013. Never been in a 5 star hotel before was quite excited, had to pay 5 star monies and wait until 2013 before we could enjoy it.
Upon arrival all seemed good, glass of bubbley, a bell boy to help with luggage, smiley chatty reception, that's where the smiles ended. What miserable faces the staff seemed to have, sorry our cleaning lady gave us a couple.
Meal times, food was plenty but didn't think it was 5 star, certainly had better. The staff were after your plate,dishes before you had finished your last mouthful. Not a very calmy atmosphere, we were on holiday to chill out not to be rushed. Had to pay extra for a glass of water with your evening meal( what a cheek )
Our rooms were adequete, could have done with a deep clean and a lick of paint, I expected something alittle special THIS IS A 5 STAR HOTEL, paid 5 star monies.
Worse to come, smell from bathroom that filled all our room 3036 was sickening we had to move,which meant re packing suitcases and then unpacking not happy about, to be far staff were very quick to help and do. Sure management knew of this problem. Other guests complained of smells also in their rooms.
Not going to bore you with any more stuff, but owners and management of this hotel need to open their eyes, look at what prime location they have got, which is excellent, give this hotel some real TLC and make it a 5 star that stands out and to be proud of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas