We stayed at this hotel 4th - 9th march 2013. I would really like to know what determines the star rating of a hotel as this is not five star. We had a great holiday and I would stay there again so I will list the positives first.
The position of the hotel is fantastic, right in the centre of the up market part of Las Americas and a nice ten minute walk into Los Christianos. We had a room above the entrance which was great for people watching and we were not disturbed by the noise from the road.
The swimming pool is huge, with plenty of sunbeds available. Its very attractive, clean and tidy. Towels are available for a 15euro deposit.
All the staff were courteous and helpful. We went in the gym and participated in the aqua aerobics which was made enjoyable by the enthusiastic entertainment team. Also, free diving lessons were available, but I didn't see anybody having a go. So plenty on offer to keep you entertained, not in your face and always polite.
The food in the restaurant is of a very high quality and plenty of choice. Everything I had at breakfast and evening meal was delicious, I dread to think of how much weight I have put on.
The public areas of the hotel are spotless, very airy and impressive. The drinks are a bit expensive and I can't comment on the hotel entertainment as we like to go out in the evening and walk our meal off! The safe in the room is free.
The bedroom furniture is awful. The hotel is celebrating being open for 25years this month and they must still be using the original furniture. An old box 20inch Grundig telly stuck on top of the ugliest tall boy set of draws I have ever seen, with an opening in the bottom for a fridge you have to pay for, I woke up in the night and thought it was someone looming over me! very dated black furniture. Stippled plaster walls. The bathroom is just average Its such a shame, as it really spoils the hotel and how on earth can this be five star accommodation. When I have stayed in far nicer four star accommodation (Dream palace noelia sur, round the corner, for instance).
Our balcony light did not work, I went to reception on the Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday to ask for it to be fixed, eventually the bulb was replaced on the Wednesday.
The toilets at the swimming pool area stunk to high heaven, even first thing in the morning. The ladies is situated after the gents, the smell of urine was terrible. We stayed poolside all week and I only once saw a member of staff replacing tissues and emptying the bin, I never saw anyone actually cleaning them.
I was not offered nor did I see a hotel questionnaire.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas