Stayed here end of February 2013, for 1 week. The hotel is definitely not 5*!! Don't let me put you off by saying that though....it is a decent 3* hotel & is perfect for a week in the sun. The staff are friendly & helpful; although it always seems to take at least 10-15 minutes to be seen at reception as they are always seem so busy there! Our room was very dated & basic, but there was a fridge, a safe, a tv, plenty of wardrobe space (with hangers), comfy beds & a decent shower. Towels were changed whenever you requested them to be so, bed linen was fresh every 3 days or so.
The rooms were only surface cleaned & require a thorough deep clean (hence the difference between 3* & 5*). When we arrived, our bedroom floor was dusty & the fridge was filthy, so we asked for it to be cleaned (the staff were embarrassed about this & tended to it straight away....although there was minimal difference to be honest). If you want a hot drink in your room then take your own travel kettle, tea bags & mug as this was surprisingly not provided.
The breakfast was great & catered for all tastes, with plenty of healthy choices and as much as you want. Can't comment on the lunch or dinner menu as we were B&B. The location is excellent as the back of the hotel, via the pool, is straight onto the beach & accessible walkways all along the coastline in both directions. A nice selection of restaurants and shops can be found literally 2 mins away, accessed via the front of the hotel. For those with mobility problems, virtually everywhere in the vicinity was flat & easily accessible with lifts to the upper malls of the shopping areas.Transfer to & from the airport is straightforward & roughly 30 minutes.
All in all, a decent enough hotel for an averagely priced & cheerful week in the sun...with a great breakfast & plenty of shops, bars & restaurants all within walking distance.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace
- Med Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Olotels, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.