We stayed in the Cleopatra last May and returned to Tenerife for Christmas but this time stayed in the sister hotel, the Mediterranean Palace (the blue and white one)
The cleaning standards are very good, with fresh towels daily but this hotel is a lot noisier than Cleopatra.
From about 07.00 you were woken every day by the noise of them cleaning the sun beds - this took about 2 hours we had paid extra for the pool view to avoid the noise of the busy road.
In the afternoon they have very loud music, which almost seems inappropriately loud for the hotel and its clientele, so having a siesta to catch up on sleep was also ruled out! If you want a peaceful swim or sunbathe then go next door to the Cleopatra.
The maid service could have been excellent as you had an evening turn down service, where they came back at night to change your towels and stock up your room for a second time - unfortunately our maid came between 18.00 and 19.00 so was inconvenient as we were often getting ready to go out at this time, so could not take advantage of this.
Our balcony door did not lock properly and although we were on a high floor it would have been easy enough to hop the balcony and get in
The restaurant was very noisy and more like a school canteen so we went to the Cleopatra for breakfast, a much more relaxing affair and an excellent choice of food. This is probably the best breakfast I have ever had in a holiday hotel - fresh pancakes, omelettes, toasties to order - a delicatessen to get your cold cuts of meat freshly sliced, a vast choice of fruit and at least 3 freshly squeezed juices every day, champagne, salmon, and much, much more...
I did enjoy my holiday but I would book the Cleopatra next time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas