Check in - pretty seamless and the glass of cava was a nice touch. Had a pool view room on 3rd floor - lovely view of pool and sea. Yes rooms are a little dated but very clean. Bed was huge and comfy. Free WIFI which my daughter appreciated.
Pool was clean - if rather cold (not heated), however as the weather temp was rising through the week , the cold pool was a welcome relief. You had the usual "towels on sunbeds at breakfast", however plenty of sunbeds available no matter what time of day.
Breakfast - plenty of choice and chef making omelettes, pancakes to order.
It can get a little crowded at breakfast depending on time but what do you expect from a large hotel. Location of the hotel is spot on - no need for a car. Excellent restaurants across the road from the hotel in The Safari centre and access to the beach is via a gate just throught the pool area.
Beach - kept very clean and is sheltered so the water is very still/calm. If you want waves, then a short walk to the right you reach another beach with rock pools, waves and a surf school.
My only criticism is the entertainment room - salon imperial - we only experienced it once and that put is off for the week. It was so dark and the chairs were so uncomfortable. No bar in the room, only waiter service. Im sure much thought had gone into the design and planning of this room but Im sorry it just didnt work for me. For such a large hotel the room was pratically empty and I believe this to be the design of the room and not the entertainment - a shame really.
Overall - hotel is clean, spacious and in an excellent location and I would stay there again
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace
- Med Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.