We 2 couples arrived on 29 Dec for 1 week's R&R - a treat for my significant birthday (60th). We had read all the reviews about the great choice of restaurants outwith the hotel etc, but decided to go Dinner, Bed and Breakfast to save discussion every night about where and what kind of food we were going to eat. Well - did we ever make the right choice. I cannot see how anyone would be stuck for something to eat at dinner as the choice was amazing every night. We all enjoyed the dinner buffet selection and quality. Breakfast was no different, whether continental choices or more English type breakfasts is to your taste. As some previous reviewers have said - a little chaotic but considering 500 odd rooms to cater to, it wasn't too bad - after the 1st morning you soon got the hang of it. AND Cava every morning to boot!
The only fly in the ointment with the restaurant was they had a dress code for dinner. 3/4 length dress chinos were not acceptable but torn jeans were!! I understand they don't want people in with sports type shorts, but so many men wear dress shorts or dress cut offs at night time nowadays. I cannot see any where on the MP web page anything relating to dress code, so our men folk were caught short (excuse the pun!) with their 3/4 cut offs. MP HOTEL - get that sorted - either review policy or update web page.
We had plunge pool suites which were absolutely fantastic. Yes, the furniture getting a bit tired now, but everything spotless and maid service excellent.
The large pool was clean and plenty of sunbeds, the towel service was efficient and great to swap a wet towel with a nice warm dry one even half way through the day. Parents note - the kids clubs looked great and well organised - with plenty helpers for their activities.
Final word - the New Year's Eve Gala - Fantastic!! 7 course meal with wine and beer included. Moet & Chandon to toast the New Year as well as Lucky Grapes. The entertainment was as varied as it was excellent - from classical music, acrobat artists, to flamenco group and dancers, to a funky group that played reggae, soul and pop. AND a firework display that probably the whole south of the island could see at midnight. The Gala Night was FABULOUS!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, T4B, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas