This hotel may have been a 5 star when it opened, but from our experience at Christmas, it was more like a 3 or maybe just a 4 star at a push.
On our arrival we thought we had already paid for a pool/sea view, but instead we were facing a busy road. We ended up paying another €250 on top of the £2280.00 for B/B for a two week holiday. The food was very basic and luke warm and most of the time only one out of four of the tea/coffee machines were working. There was not tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms. The bathroom was outdated, with chunks missing out of the rim of the bath and the enamel pealing off from around the bath over flow. The shower leaked all over the floor and filler around the tiles was black. The hair dryer when on if you was lucky just about blew your hair.
The furniture in the room was very outdated as well, with an old portable TV.
The staff in the hotel wasn't very friendly. The cleaner and one man on reception were the only ones who spoke to you.
We have never been on holiday where nobody said good morning or hello. Christmas morning, everybody seemed to be walking around with long faces, if you said 'happy Xmas' you might of heard some sort of a grunt back.
The main reception area was in need of updating, with all the mirror pillars damaged and the larger lights thick with dust.
Most mornings the maintained at 8am where cleaning the sun beds with a jet wash which echoed into your rooms.
On the good side, the pool area was lovely, with plenty of sun beds and the aqua aerobics was excellent ( even though I didn't participate. But it was very entertaining). The drinks at the pool bar was very expensive with a small coke costing €4.50.
I never normally complain about experiences at an hotel/apartments, but this has really put me off returning. It was a very expensive holiday ( we know you pay more for Xmas, as go go away every year at Xmas) and we could have gone on a long haul for what we paid for this holiday. If we had paid half the price, I don't think I would be complaining as much, because we say you get what you pay for. But we definitely didn't get what we paid for......! But I would hate other people to go here and be as disappointed as we were.
Would I return to this hotel? Definitely not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas