“Faultless holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Siesta Hotel

You added La Siesta Hotel to your Saves list
La Siesta Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Rafael Puig Lluvinan, 21, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
“Faultless holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We as a family have been staying at this hotel on and off since it was rebuilt some 10 years ago. Last time 20 months ago I would have said it was going downhill, but we gave it a try again for 2 weeks half board. I can honestly say they have got there act together. The staff were polite and helpful the place is spotlessly clean and I usually find hotel food bland, but the food was restaurant quality with plenty of choice and eat as much as you like. We will return there in October for a week without checking other hotels.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had stayed in this hotel several years ago and really enjoyed our stay, glad to say, its still as good !. I had e-mailed them asking for a high floor and they exceeded our expectations. The room was a pool view, with a slight sea view, but the best bit was , we got the sun from 3pm until sunset and as we like to have a drink, sitting on the balcony before going out for the evening this was perfect for us !.The room its self was lovely, very clean and spacious, also the bathroom was a good size with a powerful shower. All the staff were very friendly and courteous, plus the cleaners worked very hard and did a great job. We made use of the mini fridge to store our milk and coke in, but we had to pay 25 euros which came filled with bottles of various drinks, some we drank but we also left some, like the tonic and soda water. We were half board but only ate there a couple of times, the food was ok but we like to sample the local cuisine. There are lots of bars and restaurants in the area, but none were too close to the hotel, so we didn't experience any noise in our room. The pool area is being re-tiled, part by part, but the men only started about 5.30 until 9.30, then it was just cleaning up until midnight .Overall, we had a fabulous holiday, very relaxing and would recommend to anyone, plus the weather was glorious, what else could we ask for !

Room Tip: a pool view and a high floor make for a fabulous holiday
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stopped in this hotel for 4 nights on a lads weekend. Great location to get to the beach and bars and away from the main nightlife noise. All extra and paid on credit and you pay the balance on check out. Not a problem to any 6 of us who stayed. Rooms cleaned every day with clean towels when required. Pool area was under renovation at the time of our stay but was open during the day and work was carried out in the evening which caused some high levels of noise but it needs to be done sometime so had no complaints. The pool area should be great once finished. Only ate breakfast in the hotel which was okay. Would use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Irvine,Ayrshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Just returned from a much needed break at La Siesta. Our third visit and our best! Just some little improvements all round making the holiday that bit better. Level of staffing is better, as is quality of service. As a disabled guest the restaurant staff were first class and my wife and I appreciated their discreet but helpful co-operation. Club Alexander room on ground floor was a very good size and enabled me to manoeuvre the electric scooter, ( hired from Orange Badge in Los Cristianos) with ease. Wifi connection is available , but as with other hotels in the area , it is limited. The hotel is ideally situated for disabled guests and between Las Americas and Los Cristianos there is a wealth of flat, easily accessible routes to explore. To be enjoyed!

Room Tip: Club Alexander rooms are a good size and are available throughout the hotel. Have always booked room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the La Siesta Hotel for two weeks from April 26 to May 10, 2013 and I can honestly say this is one of the best holiday hotels we have ever stayed in.

The food was of an excellent standard with plenty of choice of both hot and cold dishes. There was also a very good choice of sweets ranging from ice creams to gateaus and fresh fruit.

The public areas were always clean and tidy with music most evenings and, in the main bar area, there was always a kiddies disco which was usually followed by some varied entertainment.

The bedrooms are of the standard I would have expected from a 4 star establishment. We did have one small problem but after highlighting to the reception it was dealt with satisfactorily within a couple of hours.

The staff in all areas of the hotel smart, polite and willing to be of help in any way they could. I did ask for information a couple of times and the replies I received were accurate and always with a cheery smile.

To summarise I would have no qualms about booking this hotel again in the future and I would, and already have done, recommend it to anybody I know.

Lastly, I would like to thank the management and staff at this brilliant hotel for a very enjoyable holiday - we will be back!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel and was really excited to go then saw the terrible and bad reviews on here and was a little bit worried....absolutly nothing to worry about! This hotel is absolutly gorgeous from the outside then when you walk in there is a massive reception area with big comfy chairs...the rooms were lovely, really big and cleaned everyday! The pool area was beautiful with a massive pool..although there was some work going off to improve this area it was no bother at all..they did their drilling from 6-9 ish and did quiet work after that. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and the breakfast was as good as any ive had abroad...the hotel is very close to everything, only a short walk to the beach, shops amd restaurants. The cleaners are lovely and most of the staff are. This hotel is a must for either familys or couples wanting a relaxing or more fun packed holiday...I would definatly go back next year.

• Stayed June 2013
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed at La Siesta twice now and I have had no issues with it. It is the perfect location with beaches on either side. I thoroughly recommend the Coco Beach cocktail bar|! Walking right out of the hotel leads to the clubs and nice beaches. To the left, it is quieter with lots of nice bars and restaurants. The food at the hotel is just a buffet and yes, it does get a bit samey but I just love the randomness of it all- I mean how often can I have chocolate sauce and bacon! Don't bother getting a pool side room at the moment as there are pool works going on in the evening. We had a room at the front and although it faced a sex shop, it was a good quality room and was very quiet. The maids do a fab job, the reception staff are friendly and the bar and restaurant staff are lovely. The evening entertainment is a bit naff but ok with a drink or two in you! Lovely clean swimming pool as well. The only issue with this hotel is that the interior a bit dated compared to other H10 hotels in the area. I remember visiting this hotel 14 years ago and it still looks exactly the same! However, I quite like this. It's like being in a time warp!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Siesta Hotel? Share your experiences!