“First Class Staff Outweigh Resort Issues Here.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gran Oasis Resort

You added Gran Oasis Resort to your Saves list
Gran Oasis Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   C/ Meandro 3 | Golf Las Americas, 38650 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“First Class Staff Outweigh Resort Issues Here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed 7 days all inclusive at the Gran Oasis 20th - 27th August as a family of four. I agree the lager served is not that great but the other local drinks are fine. The restaurant is great with a very good selection of food for the Canaries and the standard of resort this is, as I've stayed at others not as good as this. The 11pm stop serving drinks rule is a bit harsh given entertainment often went on after this. I really didn't understand that at all. The evening entertainment is ok. My kids loved the Parrot show and the resort obviously goes to great effort to change things around. Some of it was a bit naff but if you like singing along to Heads, Shoulders, Knees & Toes whilst on cheap booze, go for it! We had a 2 bed apartment which was fantastic for our needs. Could do with a bit of maintenance (airer outside broken and awning ripped in 195 guys) but otherwise we were happy. There was no air conditioning in the room. There were fans but they simply didn't go fast enough either being deliberately restricted or the electric motors are simply worn out from running 24/7. I wasn't very happy at all on arrival about no AC but it seems somewhat common with resorts in the Canaries. I was in Zambia a few weeks before and even hotels in the middle of no where had AC so come on you Spanish hotel owners, get yourself into the 21st century. I agree with others on here, the pool and sun bed resources are insufficient for the number of apartments but we always coped. Now we had some issues during our stay which meant we had to see out our last day at the Green Garden. These issues were down to a "problem family" and nothing to do with the resort itself. We had nothing but first class assistance from the resort during this difficult time. Many reviews on here have praised the staff and I can only echo what they say. You stay at any other resort and the reception might give you a false smile but the cleaner round the pool won't give you a second glance. At Gran Oasis everybody and I mean everybody is genuinely motivated, enthusiastic and committed to you having an enjoyable holiday. I have never seen such herculean efforts at any other resort and the Gran Oasis should be very proud of the asset they have in their staff. Our sincere thanks go to the very lovely Lydia who gave us so much help. I recommend the Gran Oasis for a family holiday.

Room Tip: 2 bed apartments 180 - 198 are nearby. A lot of steep steps to the upper rooms especially those offe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Recepcion G, Reception Department at Gran Oasis Resort, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Family,

We are so HAPPY to know about you.... I hope you have arrived home well and now you are planning your next visit to Tenerife.

Gran Oasis Staff and hotel manager want to thank you very much for sharing your holidays with us and we do want to apologize once again for the problems suffered the day before going. We do feel deeply sorry for the inconvenices.

We do hope that in the Green Garden Resort & Suits you have spent a very pleasant last day and you did feel very welcomed there too.

I am very pleased to inform you at the same time that next year all our apartments will count on air condi, so do not hesitate to give us another chance to make you HAPPY.

Remember that for all you need at anytime, all the BE HAPPY team is here at your disposal, so just e-mail me when you want oasis@grupogolfresort.com

I will pass as well your comments to all the departments and of course to hotel manager.

Thank you very much for everything, take a lot of care and we hope meeting you very soon again.

Reception Department

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I am currently on holiday staying at gran oasis resort. Rooms are lovely although no air con only a ceiling fan, can hire a fan for 30 euros per week. Hotel is lovely very clean and lots for kids to do. 30 minute walk from the hotel to las Americas only 5euro for a taxi. Food is average snacks like sandwiches, rolls etc are nice but disappointed with the food at dinner time would be better if there was more choice. Apart from no air con and food being average I would recommend this hotel ideal for families loads for kids to do with 3 pools and 3 different bars open at different times of the day. On site supermarket, beautician and washing facilities.

• Stayed August 2013
Recepcion G, Reception Department at Gran Oasis Resort, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much sincerely for choosing our Gran Oasis Resort to spend your holidays.
It is fantastic to read your review and to see that you are still enjoying a very pleasant days with us.

We do thank you too for recommending our hotel and services and for all the information that you do provide on this site for future guests.

For anything you need, you know that the reception department is 24 hours at your disposal and that all the BE HAPPY team would be very pleased to help you always.

Nottingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

1) On our second day there was a major spat between a large tattooed girl and a bloke from Wiltshire with shouting and swearing (not from the bloke from Wiltshite I may add). This was in the afternoon in front of young children. Oddly enough, the family that most perceived as innocent were moved out of the hotel. Many guests thought this very strange. The other family ended up getting moved too.

2) On the next night, there was another spat involving two blokes although the one trying to throw the punch was so drunk that he fell on his backside. This ended up quite funny for us but may have been a bit scary for children still up at that time.

3) Food - nothing for vegetarians. Not helped by the fact that none of the chefs could speak english.

4) Entertainment - The Motown night was like a bad Karaoke. The Muic Quiz was inaudible. The girl running the Lottery was especially annoying with a piercing voice.

5) Usually no hot water in the evenings - just when it was needed.

This was comfortably the worst ever hotel we have ever stayed in. It is so bad that we will be complaining to First Choice about it

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Recepcion G, Reception Department at Gran Oasis Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for posting comments about our hotel.

From our philosophy BE HAPPY, we strive every day so that all of our guests have the best possible holiday experience and, even when sometimes they occur outside the operative facts of the hotel, in these cases the hotel tries to find the best solution for everyone.

With regard to food for vegetarians, there is always a wide buffet choice of simple and mixed salads plus 2 hot dishes of vegetables. If someone still doesn’t find anything in that selection, a member of staff is always willing to help and to prepare a dish to your liking.

Regarding the animation, we know that it is virtually impossible to hit on the music and entertainment tastes of all our customers all of the time, but our dedicated animation team strives daily to ensure that everyone has a good time.

With reference to the hot water, all apartments have an electric boiler with a 50 Lt capacity, once this 50 Lt’s is used it takes approximately 20 minutes for the water to reheat

From the GRAND OASIS RESORT, management and all the staff we apologise for failing to make you “BE HAPPY”.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Before I book any holiday I read reviews on tripadvisor!!! So I don't get any nasty surprises and I know what to expect! We are currently still here on holiday we arrived Tuesday evening me aged 29 my partner 32 and two boys aged 15 and 17. As soon as we pulled up we were chuffed with the look of the hotel, it was better than any of the other hotels that the transfer coach went to! We were checked in fine, I had previously emailed the hotel directly to ask for a room near the pool as I had seen previous reviews saying that they had to walk up big flights of stairs, and they had done as I asked, we have a small slope to our 1 bed apartment right near the pool and supermarket. We were hungry and the food bar wasn't open this was about 9.30pm ish but the helpful gentleman on reception Gave us menus for indian and pizza and happily ordered us a huge pizza chips and drinks and I was delivered with 30 mins and It was yummy! First impressions of our room were great its a big room lovely decorated big kitchen all facilities kettle toaster fridge freezer cooker all clean! Bedroom & bathroom huge decorated to a great standard, the boys were happy even with there pull out beds even with one of them being over 6 foot they have not complained! This hotel is great the pools are lovely there are 3 one big main pool (for adults and kids) and medium and a small for baby's. they are all kept well clean and maintained the grounds are kept great they have artificial grass round the pools so no slipping. The atmosphere is nice lots of families with all ages of children they have a few activities durning the day for adults and kids but we don't bother. Now I read on here about the reserving sunbeds before 8am and on our first morning here I got up at 8 just to check it out and towels are already on the beds but not all of them if you want to sit directly around the edge of the pool then yes but if your happy to be plotted anywhere round the large pool then I would Probably suggest you do it before 9am but I don't mind getting up early I'm on my summer holiday! As for all inclusive I never book it i know that all the food is always repetitive and not always great I like to have the choice of eating what I want when I want. I can understand people that do it when they have young ones for drinks slush's chips burgers hotdogs icecreams etc but I haven't heard anyone moan about it and literally everyone here seems to be all Inclusive as they have the wristbands. We have eaten out in Los Cristiano's which is a 5 euro cab one way so nothing major we had a Chinese all you can eat buffet for 7.95 euros each and it was delish then tonight we are at another restaurant by the beach sirloin steak and chips 10 euros each and it was nice but that's what I was expecting to pay. If you were to eat out you would have to go somewhere like Los Cristiano's near the beach as there's no restaurants right near the hotel but I don't see it as being a prob as long as you are willing to pay 5 euros each way or a 20 min walk which with young kids or elderly people you probably would jump a cab next time. I also took into consideration from previous reviews that you should confirm your 5 euro fair before you get in the cab and I do and they are happy to accept 5 euros, no problem. There's plenty of shops restaurants and a few little British looking pubs in Los Cristiano's so it kills a couple of hours in your evening so by the time we get back we are knackered we might have one or two drinks in the bar/entertainment area before we go back to our apartment. So as for the entertainment it seems ok music playing very much for the kids I heard a drifters tribute band thing last night sounded fine but I was knackered from eating so much Chinese I didn't go to the bar. Today we went to Siam park we jumped on the free bus from this hotel at 9.30am took 10 mins to get there and they will pick you up later on in the afternoon but we decided to get a cab back as it was only 5 euros, we forgot what time the coach was picking us back up ha. Anyway Siam park is a must I would go on the free bus from gran oasis get there early as the queue's aren't so big. We went on all the rides there they are fantastic we all loved it and they have loads of rides for little ones.The longest we queued for was about 20 mins but well worth it make sure you go on all the rides get your money's worth, we ended up buying the twin ticket at Siam park for there and another whole day at loro parque which we will be going to Saturday it cost for adults 56.00 euros for both parks cheaper for kids but can't remember that price. We didnt take pack lunch as I read reviews on her that they search your bag but they didnt! We ended up buying food in there 1 large slice of pizza 3.75 euros chips 2.50 euros cans of drinks 2.25 euros but the food was hot! And tasted good so we didnt mind. The wave pool is fantastic! We plotted there with our towels on the sunbeds on the beach area. You can hire a large locker 5 euros and deposit which you get back 5 euros. If you go loro parque it's about an hours drive so in Siam park in one of the shops you can pay to be picked up and dropped back for 13 euros for adults apparently the bus is 8 euros each way so worth the money to pre booked transport. Overall so far our holiday here has been great can't complain love our apartment pools oh and a huge games room for all ages the boys are in there every night. I have already recommended this hotel to family and friends and I would defiantly come back glad I've come self catering. The only minor minor thing is because we are self catering they don't except money at the bar you have two options either put a certain amount behind reception they give you a receipt and when you go to the bar you tell them you room number and they take it off your credit or you have a tab and pay at the end apart from that minor thing gran oasis resort has been a great holiday so far every one of us is happy!!! I would defiantly come back and stay here again!:) don't let bad reviews put you off weigh up how many good to bad reviews that's what I did and Im having a great time.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Gran Oasis Resort management & BE HAPPY staff, want to thank you very much for sharing your holidays with us and for taking your time to write this kind and informative review.

It is fantastic to know that you are ejoying a very pleasant stay, you are aswell enjoying the surroundings and it is really helpful to see all the information that you do provide to future guests.

You know that for anything you may need all the staff is at your disposal.

Thank you very much once again.

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My airport transfer is on its way and I can honestly say this holiday has "done what is says on the tin" namely I and the 2 18year olds with me have relaxed, had some fun and enjoyed our 10 nights. Shame the sun chose to day to come out!!!
We had arrived at night following a short delay and had missed dinner by less than 30 minutes and the response was to offer us a takeaway menu. We then got lost finding our room and there are no lights to guide you. That being said we had a good sleep and all seemed better in the morning until we realised the no towels before 0900 rule was not enforced. Unfortunately this means that everyone gets sucked into setting there alarms for times ranging from 0330-0630 to get a decent spot.
Staff are excellent and work extremely hard and are always very pleasant. We booked with First Choice and Terry our rep is honestly the best holiday rep I have come across. Friendly, informative and attentive but not intrusive.
Food is average but catering for 350+ people at every meal is not easy whe considering different tastes.
One downside is teenagers from the neighbouring hotel popping in and turning their wristbands over in order to grab a drink and use the sun loungers. However on our last night when this was mentioned to reception this was rectified immediately.
All in all this has been a great holiday

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Recepcion G, Reception Department at Gran Oasis Resort, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear guest,

We do want to thank you very much sincerely for sharing your holidays in our Gran Oasis Resort.
It has been a pleasure to read your comments on this site.

It is great to know that overall you have had a nice stay and we do really hope you are planning soon your return.

Thank you very much indeed for informing us about the problem with people from next door hotel coming to use our facilities. It has been sorted out immediately thanks to you and Terry´s cooperation.

We remind you that for anything you could need at any time, the BE HAPPY team is here to help you, so just let us know.

I will pass your comments to all the staff and hotel management.

Best Regards and we do send you a warm hug

north east
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

After looking at other reviews we were hopeful that this would be a nice holiday - we weren't let down.

We had booked a roof top 2 bed apartment (2 adults and 3 kids) and after a pleasant check-in process we were certainly not dissapointed by the room. Okay so there are a few steps and ramps in the Hotel grounds but the view from the roof terrace was superb. Maid service very good and the room was always clean and tidy after they had been. Plenty of space (and wardrobes) for all our stuff.

Food was plentyful and if you have done All Inclusive before then you know what to expect however we found this to be one of the best with always plenty of choice and always the right temperature - very nice to have a holiday where no-one was ill with a tummy bug.

Pools were great well attended to and staffed with a lifeguard. The only minor issue was sunbeds. But as others have said this is not the hotel's fault and in fact they often 'chained' the beds up until 0830am to stop the 'towels at dawn' approach.

Overall a wonderful time and would highly recommend this Hotel. We are even thinking of going again which is something we have never done before as we like to keep trying new places.

Dear guest,

All the BE HAPPY team and Hotel Management, want to thank you very much sincerly for sharing your holidays with us and for taking your time once back at home to write this very nice review about your experience here.

It is fantastic to see that you have had a wonderful stay, that you found the staff helpful and as well that even, you would recommend our services.

We do hope that apart from recommending us, you are planing to come back soon,. We can´t wait to see you again.

You know all our details, so for anything you should need, please do not hesitate to let us know.

I will pass your comments to all the staff. They will be very happy to know that they have contribute to make your holidays,

Lydia Rgeuz
Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We booked to go away on holiday as a couple in the summer and we decided on the Gran Oasis Resort, Tenerife. From the brochures and the booking agent we were expecting a fantastic holiday, however we were wrong. There were so many issues with our holiday.

Accommodation
The apartment had a small insect problem which even after reporting the issue to our holiday rep, it was not rectified as she was less than helpful in sorting this out and the insects kept returning even after spraying them with some insect spray we found; we were not even offered an alternative room.
The bed was not a double bed, however just 2 single beds pushed together so therefore we kept falling down the middle, this was rectified after reporting to the hotel who tie wrapped them together.
The taps in our bathroom were rusty.

The food and drink was less than edible:
Breakfast - sausages were pink, bacon hard and chewy, the juice was not fresh, the butter was frozen and the bread was stale and the fruit was mainly tinned.
Lunch/Dinner – The hotel was advertised to have themed food nights, however there was little or no difference in the themed food.
Overall the food was of a poor quality with a lack of imagination. The food was so terrible we were forced to eat out. In addition to this we even went for breakfast, lunch and dinner early to ensure that food would be fresh. However still same result of poor quality food.

Drink
The beer and wine tasted watered down and bitter.
Drinks were not available in all areas of the hotel resort; however the menu remained the same.

All-inclusive
The all-inclusive was not all-inclusive as only limited beverages could be consumed under the all-inclusive. For example, only certain drinks and food, snacks and ice-cream were available to all-inclusive without an additional fee. There was no control over the bar areas, considering self-catering guests were helping themselves to drink and food, thus making the all-inclusive we paid feel pointless.

Only very little English was spoken by staff even though the majority of guests at the resort were British
Cueing for drinks at the bar seemed irrelevant as staff were sexist and served women first regardless of people waiting to served next.

Facilities
The pool areas could not be accessed because they were too busy and the hotel resort rules were not enforced. The hotel was meant to have a dedicated adult pool, however all of the pools were constantly over crowded with kids and reserving sun beds was stated as forbidden however this was not enforced either.
The entertainment was mainly designed for kids including the late night entertainment. There were no adult only areas or designated times.
The entertainment was very misleading and also very unprofessional.
The floors around the resort we very slippy allowing for an easy slip or fall and the surfaces such as tables and chairs were very sticky as if they had not been cleaned.

Location
The Gran Oasis Resort is advertised as Las Americas, however it is closer situated to Los Cristianos.

Overall the holiday was terrible and we would never wish to return. The Gran Oasis Resort is advertised as a 4* establishment, however it appeared to be less than 1*. We hated our time at the Gran Oasis Resort and could not wait to return home.

Complaint
After getting back from our holiday we put in several complaints with first choice travel who were less than helpful and it appeared they didn’t even read and consider our complaints considering the replies we eventually got after chasing up were short and also in some instances inaccurate regarding our complaints. For a company to be so reputable and recognised I would have expected more. We feel that in the complaints process they were less than inconsiderate when approaching our complaints.

Please read my review carefully, as I do not wish someone else to have their holiday ruined like us.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Gran Oasis staff and management want to thank you very much for your comments on this site about our Excellent Resort.

We are deeply sorry to read that your stay with us hasn´t been pleasant & it is really a big pity to know that you haven´t BEEN HAPPY during your holidays... like the other 700 guests who are enjoying with us a wonderful time every day.

We do really hope you to find the paradise that you are looking for, and you to enjoy it in your next holidays.

Reception Department

Been to Gran Oasis Resort? Share your experiences!