“Excellent, peaceful holiday, loved it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villamar

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa de las Americas
Villamar
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Urb. San Eugenio, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain   |
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Excellent, peaceful holiday, loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Firstly I have to hope this review is relating to the correct Villamar, the positioning on the map is incorrect, and one of the German reviews state the "staff were helpful" make me worry as the Villamar I am reviewing has no staff as they are all private apartments. I will attach photo's so you can tell which apartments I am reviewing, the site is next door to the Iberostar Bouganville Playa (which I reviewed and stayed in last year).

As stated we looked down on this location from our balcony at the Bouganville Playa last year and I said that I would like to try this location as it looked clean and quiet, and the pool was never crowded. It was difficult to find to book as all of the apartments are privately owned so no tour operators (as far as I am aware in the UK) provide holidays to this complex. Eventually I found a link for some rooms on holiday letting sites, and decided to book a room for two weeks through a lady called Karin in Germany, the price was in euro's and I had to transfer the money to Germany but this was not a problem.

Our apartment was in the lower section of the site, as there is a 'block' section (looks like an old hotel) and then lower gradiated apartments which curve around the structure following the lye of the land above the promenade. Security to the site is by individual fobs which operate electric doors, main gate entrance, communal area, and a seperate entrance on the promenade level.

As hoped the complex was quiet, never crowded, and great to easily find sunbeds, umbrellas, and a peaceful swim. Our apartment came with a flat screen TV, DVD player with a selection of DVDs for us to watch, fridge with freezer box, microwave, two ring hob, kettle, sandwich toaster maker, toaster, coffee machine, all cutlery was provided, condiments, cleaning fluids, mops, vacuum, hair dryer, linen, towels. Furniture was two single beds, table with 4 chairs, 3 seater settee, coffee table, and the balcony had a table with 2 chairs and a deck chair, folding awning for shade, clothes drier. The apartment was a studio so had no seperate bedroom and was like one long thin room (with seperate bathroom), beds up one end, living area at the other, kitchenette was built into the one wall, and there was a curtain that can be drawn which seperated the bed from the living area. The balcony overlooked the promenade, and viewed from the promenade the apartment looked to be on the second floor, there was another apartment above us, but as the balconies were on a gradient, most of what was above us was only the balcony of the apartment above.

Pro's: everything we needed was provided, lots of small touches that meant you could easily have lived there. Excellent location with a balcony basked in direct sun for over 9 hours even in May.

Con's: being petty but there was no bath just a shower, It did not state a bath when booked so it was NOT misadvertised, but I like to chill in a cool bath after sunbathing so i just used the pool instead to bring my body temperature down. And mainly due to Spanish building construction, when the young child next door was left to run up and down their apartment while its parents ignored it, this noise was heard in our apartment.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the lower section of the complex, with the gradiated balconies so you can sit out i...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We rented this apartment through Skyline Travel. Recently refurbished it was very comfortable & had almost everything you could need. No air conditioning but as it was December was not a problem. The only negative was that due to its position - there was no sun at all on the balcony ( only 1 of a handful that had no sun).
Very well kept gardens & pool which was slightly heated! Very convenient with a back & front entrance taking you close to most areas around Puerto Colon & San Eugenio.
Very quiet & secure accommodation.
Would certainly stay here again but not in this particular apartment

Room Tip: Some apartments in Block 3 get no sun so check when booking. I would also check if they had air-con...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Villamar? Share your experiences!