“Strange place” 2 of 5 stars

London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Strange place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Walked through the main bit of the Kasbah which consisted of cheap restaurants, tat shops and irish bars playing cheesy music. I honestly felt like I had walked into Benidorm in the 80s it was perplexing and strange that in this day and age they think tourists like that! Didnt find it safe as the promoters were very face on and quite aggressive. Having being to Sharm El Sheikh I have experienced this several times and I am used to this but found it too much!

Having said that if you go to the outside of the Kasbah Centre you have Pacha and a Scandivian bar which is quite lovely and fun for the 18-30s.

Visited April 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kildare, Ireland
“Murphy irish pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great pub. Their no 1 asset is Anna.
Beautiful, brilliant really genuine and very helpful. Advised us on many things and was never wrong. Went out of her way to please. Just brilliant.

London, United Kingdom
“People spike your drinks !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I went here at night time with my best friend who is gay . Having spent so much time at the yumbo Centre we decided to check out the straight scene . As soon as we got out of our cab we were approached by somebody advertising the club right next to were the cabs stop . He offered some really good drink deals so we thought why not let's give it a shot . We went in ordered and all was going great . Then the bar man started coming on to me I found this very strange as he was asking for my personal details . I laughed it off and waited for our drinks to arrive . One thing your find with this area is there are a lot more men than woman and if your a woman be prepared to be hassled constantly ! The drinks arrived and they were nice and came with free shots and popcorn I don't really go in for shots so I just had my cocktail . After my 2 drinks my friend said let's dance and I was falling every were I couldn't remember getting back to the hotel or nothing ! I can usually drink a lot and even get drunk but still be standing and still remember things . The next day I was feeling confused and had a large bump on my head lucky for me my friend was there to look after me other wise I dread to think what would happen .I spoke to my holiday rep about what had happened and he said yes I'm afraid this area is known for spiking ! Another person that was staying in my hotel also had the same problem as myself so please be careful ! If you order a drink make sure you watch them make it and if you have a drink watch it at all times !! This experience really scared me but iv defiantly become more cautious about my drinks and people .

Dublin, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
“Dreadful place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Harassed , threatened , dreadful place to visit for a few drinks
Might be good during the day , but beware of the promoters on the streets at night
Best not to engage with these people , actually just keep away safest bet

Visited February 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
75 attraction reviews
“A place to watch football”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Staying outside of Playa de Ingles we visited the Kasbah to watch live football one night. Even though it was only 19:30 the place was very busy and people looked to be enjoying themselves. We watched the game at the first bar from the main entrance and found the drinks reasonably priced and there was even small bottles of Vina Sol on offer.

Visited February 2014