My partner and I are coming to the end of what is our third visit here in just over a year. Our first visit was just a short stay and barely noticed (we were having so much fun) the rather shabby accommodation. Our second visit was twice the duration and what we had chosen to ignore the first time round soon became a regular topic of conversation amongst other guests and lamenting its undoubted demise if a serious update was not carried out. We returned home and later searched for a similar venue in GC should the Basement fold. There were none that offered the sexual freedom coupled with the excellent location that the Basement offered.
Some months later we learned that the Basement was under new management and about to embark on a refurbishment programme. We booked our third holiday.
What a transformation. All the bungalows have had repairs carried out on them, all painted and all new furniture and beds. An excellent new bar area and office,nearing completion. All new staff.
To summarise. The Basement is not the Ritz and doesn't pretend to be so. What it does offer is good,spacious and clean accommodation with extras as detailed on their website. Incredibly welcoming and friendly staff and the all important unique Basement experience that many have enjoyed in the past and will hopefully continue to do so for many years to come.
David & Nick
- Also Known As:
- Basement Complex Gran Canaria Hotel
- Basement Complex Gran Canaria Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Basement Studios Gran Canaria Playa Del Ingles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basement Studios is run by gay men for gay men and has multi-ligual staff which offers a relaxed yet stimulating holiday experience. We are located in Playa del Ingles and are directly opposite the world famous Yumbo Centre – you just can’t get closer to the gay nightlife, sex bars and restaurants.We aim to be different to other gay holiday resorts. At Basement Studios you have the opportunity to be naked and have fun wherever and whenever you want. We have carefully created an environment to maximise your cruising and sexual experience. We also pride ourselves on having no-attitude here – all gay guys are welcomed regardless of age, body size, fitness and background. Our only rule is that during the day you observe the dresscode of naked, jockstrap and swimwear only (no Burmuda shorts).The Complex has been recently renovated to a high standard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Basement Studios Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.