We have just returned from a week in Playa del Ingles and have a great time. The hotel is in a good place, about a 30 min airport transfer. It is pretty much in the middle of the the Kazbar and Yumbo centre, two main bar and shopping areas. The beach is about 10-15min walk, but there is a free shuttle every 30mins throughout the day, which is handy. The rooms are clean, cleaned everyday, new towels etc and are really big. We went half board but still had all self catering facilities so had best of both. The hotel seemed to be aimed more at German visitors and there seemed to be more German guests than English, but all the staff spoke fluent English and were very helpful when we needed help! The food was nice, but quite repetitive and there was no sausages for breakfast :( My only niggle about the hotel was maybe we were a bit too young to stay here, seemed more older age guests but this didn't really affect our holiday. ( We were 22 and 26)
The area is good too! Lots of bars and restaurants and touristy shops and the beach is really nice too! Big Ben is an English bar around the corner from the hotel and serves nice food and English drinks at reasonable prices, would recommend this to everyone! Also the was a really good trip we went on, we were with Thomas Cook and I think it was called the canary combo? It was a ride in a topless jeep through mountains and dirt tracks, a camel ride and a trip out on a boat to hunt for dolphins and sea creatures! Was 70 euros and well worth it! Get your lunch too, really good day out for all ages.
We really enjoyed ourselves and would stay in this hotel again!
Top tip: Take some long pants if you are dining in the hotel restaurant for tea, I didn't and spent ages trying to find some, harder then you think!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa del Ingles. 7-Storey building. Shares resort facilities with Hotel Riu Papayas. 3,500 M2 garden. 1.5 Km from Playa del Ingles beach. Complimentary bus service to the beach. 500 M from the city centre. 400 M from "Metro" and "Kasbah" shopping centres. 30 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Aparthotel Riu Flamingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Riu Flamingo Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Riu Flamingo
- Aparthotel Riu Flamingo Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria