“You get what you pay for!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Apartamentos Las Faluas

You added Apartamentos Las Faluas to your Saves list
Apartamentos Las Faluas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. Tenerife, 9 | Playa del Ingles, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #97 of 137 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
england
“You get what you pay for!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Me and a friend stayed here for 3 nights, thank god it wasn't longer! But we only paid €60 each €120 total so I guess that's what you get. However I do expect the basics of hot water which there was none! Also the shower kept falling off the wall and the plug hole was blocked so the bathroom just floods. Sockets were hanging off the wall so I would be careful if you have small children. I asked for an Extra pillow and towels reception said there's only one cleaner so I have to wait until tomorrow so we just used one towel! The cleaner didn't actually clean, the floor was black. No hair dryer. However the balcony we had was lovely some places you have to pay extra or don't have them so this is good & For a 2* hotel it has free WIFI which I thought was amazing as again lots of places charge. The place is extremely noisey so make sure you are drunk otherwise you won't sleep! Like other reviewers we had one key that didn't work. You have to put money into the TV I've never seen anything like it, so we did for the crack and guess what? It kept out money & didn't work!

Reception were unfriendly, unhelpful and pritty much crap really. We Asked for two cokes from the bar & the body builder women served us however I think she was on strike, it would of been quicker to make it from scratch! I asked for to cokes & it was like the end of the world like she had a rush on even though it was dead!

The bottom floor apartments are privately owned by noisy people who just let there kids kick footballs in the hallways ect. No English people here and the Spanish don't really like the English. I would only stay here for a lads holiday but no way with my partner & I would never stay again. Late check out was not possible even though out flight was a 9pm and nor was booking another night.

All round cheap & nasty

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dusseldorf, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The room was cleaned only first three days - then they just stopped cleaning it.
According to the rules swimming pool works from 10 am till 18:00, but locals swimmed there in the middle on the night. One of them told us that he also can ask to allow swimming for us too.
Animals are not allowed in the hotel, but locals have a dog who was walking through all the hotel's territory.
WiFi is really slow, some pages are not loaded at all, WiFi works only in the main building. Skype worked really bad.
Hot water in the shower is missing often.
In general hotel is pretty good, room is cleaned, a bottle of free champagne when moving in, not too noisy, very good location.

Room Tip: Rooms in the first floor have insects, but they're convenient to sit near the swimming pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel is basic and you definitely get what you pay for. Plus a few extra little treats... COCKROACHES! The hotel is full of them, we had several in our room on arrival. I went straight to reception but was basically told to get on with it and that they're very common. I appreciate cockroaches are common in hot climates but I do not appreciate seeing them after a 5 hour flight running around in my bathroom. I've been to Gran Canaria many times before and never had this issue. Other negatives are the noise, constant banging around when trying to sleep - the beds aren't comfortable either, they're like sleeping on concrete. The restaurant staff are slower than snails (and miserable), BUT the food prices are decent if you want a snack/breakfast etc. You only get 1 key card which is terrible, and it never works - the amount of times me and my friend spent trying to open our door became our own little game, anyone would think we were trying to crack the divinci code. Apparently if it's near an iPhone the key sensor disables. You can also only pick up WiFi by the pool and in reception - again rubbish. The cleaner apparently comes 3 times a week, but to be honest I have no idea what she's cleaning as the room never looked like it had been cleaned. Oh and you have to slot money into the TV to watch it!! I don't come on holiday to watch TV but we had 2 rainy days so we decided to watch a movie. Nope, no movies and only 1 English channel which was the science channel - what's that all about?

Now let's get onto the positives, there are some, I promise: brilliant location, rooms are a good size (although basic, no hairdryer, few plug sockets), good food prices and a really decent pool area with plenty of sun beds. That's it, hardly anything to write home about.

Would I stay here again? Not a chance.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This place was recommended to us by people we had met at the airport. It was everything they said. It was clean and the beds were comfy.Close to everything.traffic wise a bit noisy.would reccomend.no need to rent kettle etc all in room.enjoy

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Milngavie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed in these apartments for a week at the beginning of February. The apartments are in a great location, very central. They were pretty basic, but very clean, and the maid service was fantastic. They were in everyday to do a quick clean/make the beds, and our towels were changed 3 times (mon, we'd & fri). Pool area was spotless, and the restaurant was fantastic. I would recommend these apartments.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Niton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

If you are looking for 5 star accommodation - This Is Not for you!!
For my wife and I, this place was ideal. Not too fussy - but clean & central and we were well looked after by friendly & efficient staff.
The room had all that we needed and the cleaners were excellent - even down to making the beds for us.
The restaurant attached to the hotel was always busy - and you could see why with decent food at a reasonable price.
A special mention must go to Isham - the shaven headed Moroccan Barman - always a friendly face and chirpy character (Loves his catch-phrase 'Nice Cuppa Tea'!!)
We went for a winter break & enjoyed some lovely weather and came back nice & tanned.
Location was excellent for both the Kasbah Centre & the Irish Centre.
Be warned though:
Be prepared for the 'Timeshare' pests who constantly hang around the entrance to the Kasbah (Favourite ploy is to give you a 'Winning Scratchcard') ....'WOW - YOU ARE A WINNER !!!!!' WHY AREN'T YOU JUMPING UP AND DOWN????' - er perhaps it's because I arrived by plane - not just sailed in on a banana boat!!
In the evenings you WILL be constantly badgered by people trying to get you to eat at their restaurants so again be warned.
Another annoyance is the fact that you are not allowed to look in the windows of the small shops without being pestered by the shop owner/staff - this really does wear you down after a while.
Nice places to visit were Maspolomas Beach, Mogan Beach* and Palamitos Park
Watch out for the hard sell of the corner shop in Mogan owned by Indians (Jai Sai Ram Souvenir or Jai Krishna Souvenir & Electronic)-You will be offered a Sony camera for 40 euros but it is a scam and they will not sell it to you - instead you will be forced to 'upgrade' to a 'better' camera at a higher price. I was there for over 30 minutes and felt like smashing the bloke in the face because I had paid for the Sony Digital camera and it mysteriously 'disappeared' - Be Warned.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Upon reading a recent review on this site would just like to add not only have I stayed in this complex but have recommended it to friends who have also stayed there upon my recommendation:

The twin bedroom rooms are off an average size but adequate space between them and I could not reach out and touch the other bed.

I also met new friends while I was on hols and invited them to visit me at the complex , both daytime and evenings, had no problems at all with staff regarding visitors and staff new I was a solo traveller and room occupier:

I had on 3 individual occasions brought back a companion in the evenings and they were able to stop over with no fuss or questions asked: my previous review attached below:

I booked this accomadation last minute two days prior till departure, then to my horror found lots of bad reviews. I can honestly say the bad / horrible / unfair reviews were compleatly unfounded. The desk clark/reception booked me in with no problems i did not need to pay a deposit. My apartment was very clean and no bad smells what so ever inside or out side off my accomadation. Basic kitchen facilities but ok for my needs. The lounge area is quite small really only suitable for two adults. My balcony over looked the road outside front off the apartments and was not to noisey day or nite.Restaurent in complex was open from breakfast till late evening closed at 11: 00 pm. 10min walk two center off the resort. taxi s 3 Euros this encludes tip I walked to the night life and back again very quiet safe and was never approched by anyone for any reason. Apt Cleaned 6 days a week with chage of towels as required.

Room Tip: Better to not have ground floor accomadition secuirty and privicy

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Apartamentos Las Faluas? Share your experiences!