We were at this hotel for 8 days in early September. The welcome at reception was extremely friendly and helpful, as it was throughout our stay.
Instead of staying in the hotel itself, we were offered the choice to move across to the adjacent Miraflor Bungalow complex. This is a four star complex of bungalows with stunning interiors, a lovely pool, bar and restaurant. We took a look but decided to stay in the hotel itself as the bungalows seemed more family orientated, the patios overlooked each other, and there's no view (the hotel balconies have a lovely view over the resort).
The hotel rooms are spacious and include a kitchenette, although they could do with a little updating. Carpet tiles on the balcony floor was a little strange!
The housekeeping was not great - the sheets were not changed during our stay, though the towels were.
We were there on an all inclusive deal. As good as this was, sometimes we felt like second class guests. We were "branded" with a orange band to wear around our wrist. At the bar we were given small plastic glasses, whereas the half board guests were given bigger, glass glasses. At dinner all inclusive guests were left to serve themselves some pretty awful wine, local beer or soft drinks, whereas half board guests were served at the table and had the option of spirits also.
On the matter of the restaurant, it was acceptable for a three star hotel, but this does not mean that the food was great. The quality was ok, but was not very tasty. The main restaurant was essentially two, a buffet Chinese counter and then the main section with good selection of salad bar and reasonable hot food selection. Sometimes we did find that the food was not as hot as we'd have liked though.
Since the hotel was sistered with the adjacent Miraflor Bungalows, we could use the grill restaurant instead by making a booking, so we did this a few times. The food selection here had not as wide selection, but it the quality was most definitely four star.
We also used the pool during the day, since it has better quality sun loungers and the pool is generally higher spec.
We returned to the complex in the evening where there was more of a buzz and where all the nightly entertainment took place.
In the hotel itself, there was no entertainment and the bar at night played some rather depressing love ballads, hence us going to Miraflor for the evening.
We'd stay again, but only if some improvements were made. That said, the price was a three star price, and it's true what 'they' say: you get what you pay for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Playa del Ingles. A shuttle service to the beach is arranged several times a day. It is only a few minutes walk to the main shopping centres "Yumbo", "Kasbah" and "Cita", and you will find a bus stop and several supermarkets and bars close to the hotel.The Aparthotel Rondo is a well-equipped and comfortable 4 star hotel with a total of 98 rooms, renovated in 2014, distributed on five floors. In the lobby area you will find the reception, 2 lifts, lounge, restaurant and pub. One swimming pool with sun beds and pool bar is located in the hotel's garden. All the facilities of the neighbouring Miraflor Hotel can be used as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Aparthotel il Rondo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Il Rondo Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Aparthotel Rondo Playa Del Ingles
- Aparthotel Rondo Hotel
- Aparthotel Il Rondo Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria