“Do not miss (if you fancy Spanish food)!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Tapas
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Spanish and international tapas bar ideally located within the Yumbo Centre.We aim to offer an imaginative mix of quality Spanish and international tapas and a balanced selection of Spanish wines at competitive prices.Our slogan is "tapas con corazon" which roughly translated means "tapas with heart" and refers both to the quality and presentation of our food as well as the personalised service we try to give to our customers.
London, United Kingdom
“Do not miss (if you fancy Spanish food)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Book in advance! All but one table were reserved – my friends and I were lucky enough to get the last one when we were told during midday that they only open for dinner.

Carlos is an incredibly friendly host and has good recommendations – not just for the excellent dishes they serve but also for where to visit on the island or where locals grab a bite.

Between the three of us, we ordered bread, olives, hummus, salad, chorizo, peppers, prawns, octopus, ribs and beef (2 portions). For drinks we had a jar of sangria. I couldn’t fault the food – it is comparable to some of the best tapas in London, where I am from, but at much more reasonable prices and portions. The drink was well made too with enough to share.

Wapa Tapas was one of the most memorable meals I had in my 7-day trip in Gran Canaria and Tenerife.

lymm, cheshire
“Top Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

As you can see from the other reviews the standards of food, service, house wine etc etc are really first class.
Attention to detail to second to none and like the other reviewers said book ahead if you turn up on spec you will generally be disappointed which says much about its quality really.
Even the draught beer has not been neglected
Well done to the owners and staff.

Vilvoorde, Belgium
“Refined tapas in a noisy atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Forget everything you thought you knew about tapas. Wapa Tapa has redefined the concept with refined tapas that in reality are mini-meals. In this small bistro like diner I ate the best octopus ever: not the chewy rubber ones you know, but the kind that melts in your mouth. Service is very friendly and helpful. Count seven plates for two people, and you won't be hungry. I'd advice this for a romantic tête-a-tête, but also a group of four friends can joyfully share the plates here. The only downside is the noisy atmosphere as the place has it's own music, that gets overwhelmed by that one of all the adjacent restaurants, as is the case anywhere else in Yumbo.

Visited April 2014
London
“Book ahead!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This restaurant stands out for its inventiveness, quality and value.

Adrian and Carlos have created a fantastic restaurant which has some of the usual Spanish classics, but also has some really inventive, international dishes.

They have a limited number of places, so do book ahead or you will not get a table. (They are currently fully booked for the next 3 nights.)

I had 4 tapas last night plus a mineral water and the bill came to €27. That included ordering the most expensive item on the menu, the fillet steak tapa.

I booked for all three nights that I was here as I knew I wanted to work my way through the menu!

The restaurant is open 7pm-11pm (Monday to Saturday).

Bristol, UK
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I love Wapa Tapa. Carlo and Adrian do a fantastic job, the food is amazing and different to everywhere else in the Yumbo and the the whole of the area. I can't recommend it highly enough

Visited April 2014