Fantastic hotel all-round. All the staff are very polite and the sevice is impecable right from the reception desk to your room maids.
The food is unbelievable in this place, choice is always very tempting wether your a vegitarian or belly buster you will not fail to be pleased in the restaraunt.
You get the choice of when and what time you want your room maid to attend daily and the rooms are always left immaculate with fresh towels and sheets each day.
The entertainment program is always well sourced and accomodates every age each evening. Guests are always entertained by the professionaly trained staff giving away free bottles of champers and cocktails in various competitions, quizes and easy games.
This hotel has won many gold medals and was listed as a Thomson Gold on many occassions. The pool areas are lovely and in the evening make a relaxing place to sit around with a cocktail from the terrace bar.
There is a hairdressers, sauna, small gym, table tennis, sky sports on a big screen, internet and telephones all in the huge reception areas. You can get an iron at no cost from the main desk and the exchange rate is always among the best on the island here being only for guests.
Location is spot on being only 10 minutes stroll from the beach. There is a bus station and taxi rank accross the road to take you anywhere on the island. There is a centre called the Tropical just a 10 minute stroll away with around 10 restraunt/pubs in it, an abundance of shops, internet cafe (1e=20minz) and a tango dance pub which is very nice in the evenings.
10 out of 10 for me i would recommend this hotel to all age groups and familys alike.
1 x downside. Noise from traffic can be annoying if you get put on the roadside and have`nt had enough vino to make you sleep all night!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IFA Continental Hotel is situated very near to the centre of Playa del Ingles, a few minutes walk from Playa del Ingles beach, the promenade and numerous leisure and shopping centres. The magnificent Playa del Ingles, with its famous sand dunes and its 6 kilometers in length, offers a perfect setting to have long and pleasant walks next to the sea, besides being located next to one of the most enjoyable and entertaining tourist zones of Gran Canaria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your IFA Hotel Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ifa Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- IFA Hotel Continental Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria