“Gran Canaria” 2 of 5 stars
Review of IFA Buenaventura Hotel

You added IFA Buenaventura Hotel to your Saves list
IFA Buenaventura Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ganigo 6 - Plaza de Ansite, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #33 of 136 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
glasgow
“Gran Canaria”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week in August. I arrived towards the end of a heatwave - which was fine as I like the heat, but this hotel has no air conditioning.
I've stayed in hotels without aircon before, but this one was unbearable. I hardly slept all week, waking up with sweat running of my chin - not pleasant. My room had the sun all afternoon until sunset and keeping the curtains closed didn't help. Some people kept their room doors wedged open to try and get some airflow.
I asked to rent a fridge, but it wasn't even cool. I was told it wasn't meant to be as it was a mini bar! My water went in cold and came out warm. I've stayed in many hotels with minibars and they ARE meant to be cold. I got my money back and drank warm water any time I was in the room.
The restauarant works a sitting system, but it's still really busy. Breakfast was fine, but dinner was not great. I know it's difficult to mass produce a lot of food for so many people, but it was poor. I don't often struggle to find something to eat, but I did here.
There was a lot of noise at night - 5am - from the other guests. I didn't sit at the pool as it was full of towels as soon as it opened and I don't like the fight for an umbrella and a chair. I much prefer the beach.
Obviously the people who thought this hotel was wonderful are looking for a different type of holiday from me. I wouldn't stay here again. It was reasonably cheap, but I've stayed in much better for the same money.
The hotel could easily make itself a four star, decorate the rooms- mine was huge -, a fridge, air con and make some of the bar areas into another restaurant, then raise the price slightly to pay for it, but as it is I would avoid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
LopesanHotelGroup, Manager at IFA Buenaventura Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Glasgowgirl69,

From the team of IFA Buenaventura Hotel we would like to let you know that we appreciate and thank you very much for taking the time to share us your opinion.
We have taken good notice of your commentaries about the dinner and the services (air co and fridge) which help us a lot to be able to continue with our commitment of offering a service of quality and efficiency. We can assure you that thanks to your opinion we have taken the appropriate measures to reduce to a minimum the incidences, as far as it is possible. We use to offer our guest the posibility to change the room when this one is not the one that you espect.
We do regret that you did not feel satisfied with our personnel’s attention towards you; an aspect which usually is one of the attributes most appreciated by our guests.

I would like to have the opportunity to greet you personally on the occasion of your next stay on the island, because it’s my intention to present my apologies to you in person, since apparently during your last stay we could not come up to your expectations. I would also like to show you the improvements we have achieved.

Yours cordially,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had a great holiday with my wife and 2 kids. The hotel was well above my expectations and all was good. Its a bigger hotel than i first thought before i arrived. Food was great with big selection for all. Poolside was great and my 2 little ones had a blast every day.
Entertainment was pretty good most nights and we managed to stay in hotel bar one night.

Loved every minute of this holiday and am looking forward to next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LopesanHotelGroup, Manager at IFA Buenaventura Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Buenaventura guest,

Thank you very much for sharing a review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to read that your recent stay among us was to your full satisfaction and specially relished our pool areas, food and entertainment . We will be looking forward to welcome youvery very soon.

Greetings from Gran Canaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our honeymoon all inclusive and wasn't disappointed at all, food was amazing, hotel is very clean, service was next to none, beautiful grounds and pool, staff very happy and friendly, as others have said slight issue over sunbeds, but you can still find one easy, over all was amazing and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Mr. Fryer:

First we want to thank you for choosing IFA Buenaventura Hotel to enjoy your holidays and especially for sharing your experience with other Tripadvisor users.
Always a pleasure for the whole team to receive such positive comments about our work.Nice to hear your experience and your positive comments about food, staff etc. Your comments will be shared with all staff to help us continue that hospitality to our customers.
We hope you come back soon and visit us and have the opportunity to enjoy unforgettable days again among us.

Best regards and thank you very much for your kind comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed in a clean hotel with staff who could not be friendlier. Food there was something for everyone. It ravelled with my partner and two children the holiday was a holiday to remember for the right reasons. Look forward to going to the same hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013
Good morning Ingliby,

All the members of the large IFA Buenaventura family would like to thank you for your "fantasticos" commentaries about our hotel.

We are very proud to hear that our hotel is being appreciated for its facilities and services.

We do hope that in the future we may continue counting on your loyalty and be able to welcome you again very soon.

Cordially yours,
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great location for center for town and beach, food excellent, staff helpful, excellent shows. Would recommend going to fully inclusive for even a better value.The night entertainment was the best I have seen. One place to go to is the Yumbo Centrum, which is only 20 mins walk for the hotel. Thee beach is the same distance from the room.

Room Tip: room 841 is a great room dose not get to hot in the day time and very quiet at night,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Hotel Ifa Buenaventura. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your vacation, specially about the great location, food and staff.

We will pass on your compliments to all of our staff and management, and look forward to your next visit.

Sunny regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just returned from a 9 night stay at this hotel. We wanted to go All Inclusive and stay for longer than 7 nights so we had to compromise on quality/quantity this time.

My partner and I are both in our 30’s and wanted a fun holiday in the evenings and to lay by the pool during the day. I thought this hotel would be ideal...and it was to a certain extent but, the lack of air con, the worst beds I’ve slept on and noise in the nights from guests and staff meant we spent most days tired.
With hindsight we should have asked to move to the quiet part of the hotel and hired fans immediately so my advice to you would be to do this and I assure you that you’re stay will be much more pleasant.
The entertainment and noise from the other guests carried on until the early hours. Luckily we spent most evenings down the Yumbo so would miss the noise and pretty much pass out when we got in (but that’s for a different review!) The few nights we stayed in we hardly slept and when we did would be woken by the staff dragging the sunbeds around and cleaning around the pool at the strangest times in the morning.-we’re talking around 4-6am. The very early hours! Ridiculous. The sound can be likened to dragging items across a blackboard. We came to the conclusion that the reason for doing this is because the area around the large pool needs to be cleared of sunbeds to make way for tables and chairs for the evening entertainment...these are then moved back for the sun loungers in the morning.
As I mentioned, the beds are incredibly uncomfortable and the one pillow is wafer thin.
The food at the All Inclusive was okay. We did worry a bit the first few nights but as we’re both very unfussy we always found something. Now what I need to mention about the other guests is this. It’s come to my attention that the Brits are very much “get in, get your food, don’t dick around and get out”. There was such a lack of awareness from the other Europeans that we were pulling our hair out. We’ve not experienced this before in any other hotels and I know, I know, Im abroad and stop being such a moaner! If you’ll look at my other reviews you’ll see that Im really not a moaner. Maybe the lack of sleep left us very short tempered!
Another small moan is that there isn’t a fridge in the room which left us running for a cold drink in the morning in the restaurant.

On the plus side, and there is! The rooms are lovely and big and very clean. Some parts of the halls could do with a revamp but everywhere is spotless and the staff work their socks off. The hot food is always hot and cold is cold (you get the picture) and plentiful.

The entertainment team are fantastic and we did get involved a few times. They always have a smile on their faces and we enjoyed singing along on our loungers when were at the loud/big pool. Towards the end of our stay we spent our time at the quieter childrens pool which was lovely. Oh! And another point about the other guests.... there was a German guy who came swanning in to the children’s pool area and did a SWAN DIVE off the pirate ship type bridge into the water where there were children. He could have easily landed on a child. After having a talking to by the lifeguard he ran down the bridge and did it again!!! He just pulled a face a walked off. The arrogance!
Anyway, that’s by the by and not the hotels fault. We did wander into the large pool later to find him doing it in there when people were having a scuba lesson. The staff just shook their heads. They should have grown some balls and kicked him out in all honesty. It seems the guests are allowed to run the roost here.

Other guests have had a great time and I can see how they would but sadly for us we wouldn’t come here again.

Room Tip: Phone or email ahead to request a room in the quiet area and hire a fan from the shop inside the hot...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Lowri-21,

From the IFA Buenaventura Hotel we would like to let you know that we appreciate and thank you very much for taking the time to transmit us your opinion.
We have taken good notice of your commentaries which help us a lot to be able to continue with our commitment of offering a service of quality and efficiency. We can assure you that thanks to your opinion we have taken the appropriate measures to reduce to a minimum the incidences, as far as it is possible.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just returned from 1 week all inclusive holiday with my partner, lovely hotel, very clean and friendly staff, food great but definitely wouldn't return as there is no air con, we had temps of 34 all week so was unbearable, had to have patio doors open all day and night for a slight breeze but then was unable to sleep due to the noise of the Germans, sat on their balconys shouting and laughing till as late as 5am, we was lucky to have 3-4 hrs sleep a night.
I also know other people had trouble with the Germans, sleeping in the hallway outside the room door you would have to climb over them to get out of your room, also children seeing them naked on their balcony which is totally out of order!
All inclusive was only till 11pm after that you had to pay, only 3 cocktails on the all inclusive menu but a whole menu full for paying guests.
To sum it up I would definately return to gran canaria but would not return to this hotel or recommend it, basically because of no air con and its over run by ignorant Germans!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LopesanHotelGroup, Manager at IFA Buenaventura Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Ms. Lindseyf1:

We want to thank you for the time and effort invested to send us your comments in which we reiterated his opinion about our services, both positive and negative, as the comments of our customers are to us a source and tool for continuous improvement.

We have taken note of all your comments: Also appreciate your good comments about the hotel staff and cleanless. Its a pity you do not contact us during your holidays, we normally give the alternative to change the room to all the guest that can not sleep or that would prefer other building, we have also a quiet area where you can relax your stay.

If you have the opportunity to come back to our island and although you may not be staying in our hotel, I would still like to greet you and give you my apologies personally.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Ingles
Hotel Green Field
Hotel Green Field
#82 of 136 in Playa del Ingles
3.5 of 5 stars 363 reviews

Been to IFA Buenaventura Hotel? Share your experiences!