“Great hotel, pity Playa del inglis is getting very run down” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Eugenia Victoria

Save Saved
You added Hotel Eugenia Victoria to your Saves list
Hotel Eugenia Victoria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. de Gran Canaria, 26, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #20 of 139 hotels in Playa del Ingles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, pity Playa del inglis is getting very run down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great hotel , although rooms are needing redecoration,they were clean and suited the purpose. Only moan was our room 243 was above the dining room and the noise from the airconditioning during the night was a very loud drone which clicked on and off the whole time. So if you are a light sleeper I would advise against the rooms at this side of the hotel. Other than that the staff were great, and the pool area was spotless, loads of spare sun beds and plenty of room to move even although the hotel was full. The entertainment outside was very good ,and was always busy. Inside the hotel was your kids disco and the usual round of Spanish acts. The meals were well cooked and hot a good variety, but they do not cater for veggies, saying that there was an excellent salad bar. All in all it was a very good hotel, let down by the resort itself.

Room Tip: Steer clear of the rooms above the dining room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

699 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

There isn't much I can add to the last few reviews really. We traveled as a family of 4, two adults and 2 teenagers and really enjoyed our stay. There is a very good mix of nationalities here and everyone gets on very well. We didn't see any favoritism at all to any particular group and were treated very well by the extremely friendly staff. The reception team are probably the most professional,hard working and friendly people I have met.
There wasn't a day when we failed to get beds and parasols, true people do put towels out early but the staff do check up leaving post it notes on beds, if the beds are still unoccupied an hour later the towels are removed.
Highlights included, great food at both the restaurant and terrace bars. The restaurant dosent seem to repeat the menus after the first week like other hotels and there was a really good choice with something for everyone. It did encourage you to try things you haven't before (my kids were introduced to rabbit and really enjoyed it) but if you don't fancy it there's always something else to choose from. Just make sure the meat from the grill is cooked properly as when a lot of people are waiting the chef does get it underdone sometimes.
The pool area was great, loads of room with Jacuzzi s and hydro pool, there's also squash, a football /tennis court and mini golf. If you have little children they are well catered for with two children's pools as well
As said before there is no air con but it didn't really affect us and we were there in Aug when temperatures touched 50 one day, there is ample air flow through the room plus a fan as well.
The spa is everything people say it is and a good place to cool of in mid afternoon.
Everyone in our party wants to go back again next year which for me says it all.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view, odd numbered rooms are at the side of the main road so can...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Drogheda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My Husband and I have just returned from the Eugenia Victoria, when we spend 9 nights by way of celebrating our 20th Wedding anniversary. It was our first time here and we requested a high floor with evening sun. When we arrived we got a room on the 8th floor with complimentary Cava to celebrate our anniversary. That was the start to a fantastic chilled out holiday.

I had no complaints at all, the staff were friendly and went out of their way to help if they could on reception, the restaurant staff, bar staff and even the gardening staff were always pleasant and polite and smiling. We tipped some of the waiters and waitresses and as a restult they went out of their way to help. I have special dietary requirements but I need not have worried, the selection of food was wonderful, plenty of salad,fish, meat, cooked exactly how you like it in the restaurant. There were burgers and chips in one of the pool bars and the personality of the girl that ran that bar was so much fun, even lying on a sunbed listening to her was funny.

The terrace bar had waiter service for lunch and there was a demand for their steak on a stone which my husband loved. There was an excellent lunch menu here but if you wanted something else the main restaurant was open with lots of choice.

The facilities were amazing,,you could not be bored apart from the organised activities by a fantastic animation team for adults and children there was, minigolf, squash, tennis, table tennis, shuttleboard, and a excellent gym which I used every morning.

There were lots of jacuzzis around the areas and a really good pool with good wide stairs for easy access if you have walking difficulties. Sun beds were plentiful and people did reserve them if the wanted a particular spot. But there were lots of places in the gardens to get a sunbed.

We went to the wellness centre and the facilities here was excellent, and have to be experienced to be believed. This is also the place where you hire your beach towels and have them changed as often as you need to with a small deposit which is returned at the end of the holiday. I would receommend you take time in the wellness centre and you will come out completely chilled.

My husband and I travel a lot and use all inclusive when ever we can but the facilities in this hotel were far and above the 3 star rating.

Thank you Hotel Eugenia Victoria for a wonderful anniversary. We will be back again soon.

Room Tip: 8th floor has spectacular views and evening sun. Try the roof top solarium too.
Southport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I (both aged 20) stayed here for a week all inclusive from 2nd-9th September 2013 and we had a wonderful time! The location of the hotel is brilliant, the staff are friendly, the food and drink is plentiful and the facilities at the hotel are extensive and well maintained. There was only a few little things that stopped me giving it an Excellent instead of a Very Good but they are only small problems, I'll get the negatives out the way first!
1. No air con. All the reviews and the hotel tell you this before you though and there is a ceiling fan which helps a little with the heat of the room
2. Some of the bars won't serve you past 4pm if you don't have a shirt on, this isn't really a problem but there are no signs to tell you that and when my boyfriend went to get a drink unaware of this rule the bartender was quite rude to him. This was the only occasion we experienced any rudeness from the staff.
3. The chairs in the restaurant are wicker and gave us a few splinters haha but one day my boyfriend cut his finger on one and so we told a member of staff who did apologise but didn't move the chair or tell anyone else. This only bothered me because I worry a child may do the same thing but maybe that's just me being silly!
4. The lifts take forever!! If you're on a high floor leave 10mins earlier :p

Now for all the great stuff!
- Staff
All the staff from reception to restaurant are lovely. Anything they can do to help they will do with a smile. When we first arrived the reception staff checked us in quick so we could make dinner and sorted all our transfers out for us. We had no rep so often went to them with questions about the area and they were always so helpful. Our room didn't get cleaned on the first day for some reason but one mention of it to reception and every day we had the most spotless room every day. Oh and tip the bartenders and waitresses and they always remember your drink :)

-Room
I only booked a standard room but we were upgraded and our room was massive! A bedroom and lounge area and small dining area and bathroom with bath and shower! So much space for 2 of us we almost got lost. The balcony is a good size and we had a lovely view of the pool area. And for those that like to watch telly abroad there are at least 5 English channels (my boyfriend found X factor one night, trust him!) there is a safe available if you pay a deposit to reception. Always a good idea I think just in case

-Food and drink
All inclusive was the usual red/white/rose wine, Spanish beer, cava, own brand spirits, a few cocktails soft drinks and hot drinks. We must have sampled pretty much everything and they were all really nice. Beware If you are a lightweight like me though cos they definitely don't measure their spirits!
Breakfast was plentiful. Cereal, yogurts, pancakes, omelettes, eggs, sausages, beans, mushrooms etc cakes, biscuits, toast and bread, fruit, juices including freshly squeezed orange and fizzy wine and vodka left out to help yourself (I am not that hardcore!) never struggled to find something yummy.
Lunch and dinner were similar in as much as there was a big salad bar, lots of hot options, someone cooking meat and fish, cakes, ice cream, fruit, cheese station and chocolate fountain! However, unlike some places I have been, I didn't find myself eating the same thing at dinner as I did at lunch, there was loads of variety. Always hot and usually lovely (just couldn't stomach deep fried broccoli!) there are the English options of chips and things every night but there are also lots of new things that we don't get at home which I loved!
The bar outside does snacks from 11.30-3.30 and the most ordered thing is steak on a stone which my boyfriend loved so much he had it 3 days in a row. I don't eat beef but he has told me to make sure everyone knows they HAVE to eat steak on a stone.

-hotel facilities
There is so much to do at this hotel you can never be bored! There's the pool which has a deep end deeper than any pool I've ever known! A kids pool, an outdoor jacuzzi, a pool with waterfalls and bubbles, a crazy golf course, a squash court, a gym, kids play area, big games room with pool and air hockey and arcade games, an Internet pub and the wellness centre (which I will write about separately) Only being there for a week we found it hard to fit in using them all! Crazy golf is free and squash is just 1euro30 for an hour. Never have I seen so much to do in one place. We never struggled to get a sunbed or umbrella even though people do put towels on them quite early. We also left our bag on our sunbed most days and never felt worried anything would be taken.

-Wellness centre
The spa is AMAZING. It's free!!! And just has so many different types of pools in it including the Dead Sea one where you float (careful it really stings any cuts you have!) 2 saunas, a relaxing room, a sand room and an ice room! We paid to have treatments too. My boyfriend had a back and shoulder massage for 20euro and I had a chocolate massage (literally just get melted chocolate rubbed into you for 45mins it's so weird!) for 40euro. We also had a ceasers bath together which was so romantic and we got champagne. Make sure you spend at least half a day in the wellness centre you will love it.

-location
Taxi rank is right outside the hotel and a taxi to maspalomas (well worth a visit) cost us between 4.50 and 5.50 each time. There is a regular free bus to the beach from the hotel which we never used but saw others doing so. A supermarket is right next door (on both sides) and the yumbo centre is a 10min walk in a straight line. We only went there once for a little bit one night but if I went again I have been recommended to go to a bar called sparkles. Our transfer from the airport was about 45mins but we had a fair few drop offs. It was a perfect location for us as we could get everywhere we wanted easily and could go out some nights if we wanted without being in the heart of club land. I felt safe walking round any time of night.

-out and about
As I mentioned we went to the yumbo centre once but didn't really do much. We went into maspalomas twice. Once to an italian on the seafront followed by a trip to the moonlight cinema, which is amazing and only 15euro so I would recommend you go, and once for a meal at a place called Time which was beautiful. Search for these two places to read a more detailed review on them but I highly recommend both. Maspalomas itself is lovely I thought. I felt safe to walk around and there is a lot of choice for shopping and eating. If you walk along the sea you'll come to an ice cream cafe called penguin. Their ice cream is the best I've ever had and the portions are really generous.

I think that is just about everything. Sorry for the long review but I wanted to make sure I got everything in! We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and all the worries I had before I came melted away on the first night. Some people moan about anything! We would definitely return and are even looking for new year!

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

After reading reviews on here, we were very sceptical of what we had let our selves in for. When we arrived on a late flight, we'd missed the evening meal, but they were re opening the restaurant for us if we were wanting food. The staff were so helpful and friendly and they can't do enough for you. The rooms are dated but I think that is what you expect in a Spanish resort (the beds are the comfiest ever!!!) . There is plenty of choice of food at breakfast, dinner and tea! Its a spotless hotel and resort. The hotel isn't right in the middle of everything, but it is a 5 minute walk to all the night life and beach, although they put on a free bus from the hotel to the beach. Defiantly going back next year!!

Central England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here Mid August when the temps were soaring and the only negative we found was that there was no Air conditioning. There is a ceiling fan over the bed which helps and we honestly couldn't fault anything else. The rooms are large, all with balcony overlooking the pool. The staff were all friendly and helpful, free wi-fi and frequent courtesy bus to and from the beach.
The food is plentiful and really good, piping hot and varied at every mealtime. The drinks include named brands on all-inclusive and you can also chose the a-la-carte for lunch at the pool bar anything off the menu which is great.
The Spa is luxurious, down beneath the hotel, so cool at all times, no children after 12 noon, a real haven. You can go as often as you like..for Free!.
We liked the location as it is not in the noisy centre of the resort but it is only a 10 - 15 minute walk if that's what you like. The Yumbo Centre is an experience! plenty of bars/restaurants and shops.
There is also a rooftop terrace with another jacuzzi and a private sectioned off Nudist area. We never struggled to get a sun bed by the pool and we didn't go down until breakfast, also we liked the fact that it is not full of Brits, we found all the different nationalities to be friendly.
We would recommend The Eugenia Victoria for a lovely holiday.....enjoy!

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter and odd numbered rooms are cooler in the evening.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Karlslunde, Roskilde, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

When my boyfriend and I arrived to the hotel we got help from the reception really quickly, that was nice. But when we got our hotel room it was like a dream come true. The room was nice and big.
But we had more to come.
We discovered that the hotel restaurant almost never served the same for dinner, and it was such great food, there was something for everyone. And even a chocolate fountain. The evening entertainment was so great. At the outdoor bar (one of them) there where drinks and dancing for adults and inside there were fun for the childrens.
This hotel is only a 3 star hotel, but it should have 5 stars. It has the most luxus spa, a rooftop hottub and great lunch at the bar.
On the menu they would have a steak on a hot stone wich where very popular but overall, all the food was wonderfull.
I think every couple/families should take this hotel. It's so nice and not that expensive as one would think with all these stuff.
They also have a gym, minigolf, ping pong, free wifi, a cyberpub, in total 6 jacuzzis, one big pool, a childrens pool, and a little children water fun, a bus directly to the beach and SO MUCH MORE.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hotel Eugenia Victoria? Share your experiences!